The 10 Most Hated Companies in America

So it's much better if the anti-religious zealots push thier niche views onto everyone?

No, but they should be able to run their company how they see fit. If an employee wants to be able to have abortions, then that employee can opt out of the better insurance Hobby lobby may be providing and get the Obamacare insurance.

Spot on, I thought the title was a little misleading as it isn't exactly the ten most hated companies, but more like the 10 most distrusted companies this year. Many of the companies on the list were companies that people liked and used, but which have now lost the faith of their consumers.

First did you even read the article? They explained right in that description why JC Penny was chosen and it wasn't just about stock price. They measured it in actual consumers. And here I quote the article:

While yes they mentioned the stock fell and the stockholders were upset, this was a direct result of losing "sales" which is a measure of how much consumers are buying. Obviously the consumers were upset with the pricing changes and overall direction the company took, so they shopped less. The ultimate measure of how much consumers distrust a company is how much less they buy from that company. There are other company's that took much steeper stock crashes than some of those, but those drops were directly linked to customer confidence either. All of these choices have multiple factors involved other than simple stock prices.

Yes I read the article. And if I can simply walk across the shopping center to a Target/Sears/Whatever instead of JCPenny I don't feel any hatred toward them. I just buy elsewhere and don't care. Other companies I am rather stuck with I will begin to hate (banks, credit card companies, cell phone providers, isp/cable companies). Companies that were once great and fallen terribly (looking at hp) can get hated. I am equally unaware of any previous love for JCPenny.

I don't see any evidence of customer hatred. Investor hatred, sure. The article has no evidence past customer indifference towards JCPenny. There are tons of places I don't shop at, am I supposed to hate them all?

LOL, thanks for that, that is the funniest thing I have seen all day. The age old adage, "If it is on the Internet it MUST be true!"

Are you dating a french model who you met online too?

Random internet (how ironic!) article linked by Hardocp.com: TRVTH!
data pulled for a simple check: millions of anecdotes, easily ignored.

I bow to your logic and will be living in fear that my french model leaves me for your superior intelligence.

Yes I read the article. And if I can simply walk across the shopping center to a Target/Sears/Whatever instead of JCPenny I don't feel any hatred toward them. I just buy elsewhere and don't care. Other companies I am rather stuck with I will begin to hate (banks, credit card companies, cell phone providers, isp/cable companies). Companies that were once great and fallen terribly (looking at hp) can get hated. I am equally unaware of any previous love for JCPenny.

I don't see any evidence of customer hatred. Investor hatred, sure. The article has no evidence past customer indifference towards JCPenny. There are tons of places I don't shop at, am I supposed to hate them all?

Random internet (how ironic!) article linked by Hardocp.com: TRVTH!
data pulled for a simple check: millions of anecdotes, easily ignored.

I bow to your logic and will be living in fear that my french model leaves me for your superior intelligence.

First you completely glazed over the fact that I called the heading of the article misleading. Second you compound that by trying to fix their article for them rather than actually trying to understand what the article is really about. Third you then compound that with trying to do google searches on the misinterpreted title. Fourth you talking about a 'randomly linked' article, yet that article did 'actual' research, whereas you simply did a google search and pulled up hits without even checking to see if all of those hits were even worthwhile finds.

So yes, you should bow to superior logic, but not mine. I just used common sense and reading comprehension to understand what was going on.

Do they spend much time complaining about them? How much do they hate it anyway? It isn't about the most known companies, just the most hated.

Google Fight!

bank of america hate: About 2,080,000 results (0.37 seconds)
jcpenny hate: About 3,220,000 results (0.33 seconds)
wachovia hate: About 6,490,000 results (0.35 seconds)
walmart hate: About 38,600,000 results (0.31 seconds)
ea hate: About 53,700,000 results (0.54 seconds)
ford hate: About 60,900,000 results (0.31 seconds)
t-mobile hate: About 249,000,000 results (0.53 seconds)

EA (and t-mobile) hate seems more on the web, but I am shocked that they beat out Bank of America (maybe Google owns too much of the stock). Maybe they really are that hated (I can easily see walmart being more than 10 times their size and distorting the hate level that way).

Some people take games way too seriously. EA is just a game company and doesnt ruin people's lives. There are companies out there that can do so.

Back