Thanos Action in Fortnite

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
It's a bird! It's a plane! Nope. That's not even the right universe! It's Thanos in the hands of Ninja. And even if you are not a Fornite fan, it is cool to see at least once.

Check out the video.

Idk for the kind of money these retards are pulling. I need to slap on a wig and go full retard.
I keep asking myself why i went into the workforce and have been working for 11 years after getting out of the military when they guys are pulling in probably double what my salary is with no experience.....

I keep asking myself why i went into the workforce and have been working for 11 years after getting out of the military when they guys are pulling in probably double what my salary is with no experience.....

double... probably like 200x. I've watched ninja pull a few thousand in donations in about 20 minutes. He streams 7 days a week for hours :)

More alarming is how much allowance kids have these days.

It is a fun crossover, and it shows why Fortnite is crushing PUBG. They are able to do things like this faster and in a more stable way. PUBG's last event they had to end a day early because it was crashing their matchmaking servers.

you should check in on them in 11 years and see how it stands...

double... probably like 200x. I've watched ninja pull a few thousand in donations in about 20 minutes. He streams 7 days a week for hours :)

More alarming is how much allowance kids have these days.

He already confirmed with Forbes he makes $560,000 a MONTH, from Twitch subs, that does not include donations, bits or YT income. As on YT alone he has over 10 million subs, people make nice full time living off YT with way, WAY less subs than that.

Now, streamers come and go, or only really "click" with one or two games and once those are no longer popular, they drop off as well, but some people its personality, I don't really think that is the case with Ninja however. But for the time being, he has probably made more than most people here will in half their life playing a single video game.

Last edited by a moderator:
At a much better start than I had flipping burgers? I played video games in my free time for free, now these kids get paid for it. fml
I played CS back in the day of online tournys.....for free, possibly winning some free items back then. NEver for the huge amount of money that is now. We did it for fun too so......damn people have to get paid for fun now-a-days?

I played CS back in the day of online tournys.....for free, possibly winning some free items back then. NEver for the huge amount of money that is now. We did it for fun too so......damn people have to get paid for fun now-a-days?

Plenty of gamers still play video games and don't get paid for it....

Plenty of gamers still play video games and don't get paid for it....
Yea, I still do, but apparently kids today have the aspirations to play only for money.....not because its enjoyable.

Yea, I still do, but apparently kids today have the aspirations to play only for money.....not because its enjoyable.
It's more of a personality, a bit like Colbert's character on the colbert report a couple years back. Ninja enjoys fortnite I think, he's good at it and he can earn quite ridiculous amount of money just acting a bit spastic to appeal to young people. Yeah it's annoying, but so are those women "streamers" who just sit there pushing the physical limits of push-up bras for views. At least he's good at the damned game.

I read the news at home because I'm interested in it, but apparently there are people with aspirations to read the news on TV only for money...not because they're interested in it.

Yeah, there are streamers out there making big money entertaining a new generation on a new medium, but jumping to "kids today" blanket statements is just ridiculous. 99.9% don't make a living playing video games and 99.9% don't make a living reading the news on TV. There are also other factors to consider as for why they're being watched: personality, looks, skill at gaming, skill at one particular game (FOTM), etc. Some of these streamers play all day every day and they essentially get trapped playing their one niche game forever because of viewership. Want to try something new? Nope, you get to play the popular game people want to see. Want to do something else? Nope, you're at your computer on stream all day, every day. It's not something everyone could or should do.

Reactions: jtm55
like this
Honestly I don't see why this game is so popular I just don't see it there are so many other games over the years that just look alot better and play better.

Honestly I don't see why this game is so popular I just don't see it there are so many other games over the years that just look alot better and play better.

Not your cup of soup then huh? It is okay, things can be popular and fun for others and not you and vice versa. That is what is great about individuality.

I haven't tried it yet myself. So many other things I am still working on and now that it is nice out, less time to play. The wife and I have been on an overwatch binge lately though.

The thing with 'better out there' is that once enough people are playing something, matching up is easy. I really liked the game Evolve but so few people played it that it took too long to match up and I lost interest in it. That is the sad nature of multiplayer games.

And lets be honest, there was very little depth to q3a and UT but damn were they fun to play!

He already confirmed with Forbes he makes $560,000 a MONTH, from Twitch subs, that does not include donations, bits or YT income. As on YT alone he has over 10 million subs, people make nice full time living off YT with way, WAY less subs than that.

Now, streamers come and go, or only really "click" with one or two games and once those are no longer popular, they drop off as well, but some people its personality, I don't really think that is the case with Ninja however. But for the time being, he has probably made more than most people here will in half their life playing a single video game.

Yup, and based on his junked up room he's saving alot of it. He'll be fine.

I suppose this is the point where you're gonna list a bunch of games that have nothing to do with Battle Royale? Wanna play some Pogs?

Not your cup of soup then huh? It is okay, things can be popular and fun for others and not you and vice versa. That is what is great about individuality.

I haven't tried it yet myself. So many other things I am still working on and now that it is nice out, less time to play. The wife and I have been on an overwatch binge lately though.

The thing with 'better out there' is that once enough people are playing something, matching up is easy. I really liked the game Evolve but so few people played it that it took too long to match up and I lost interest in it. That is the sad nature of multiplayer games.

And lets be honest, there was very little depth to q3a and UT but damn were they fun to play!

I don't think I've ever waited longer than a minute to queue up for a match of Fortnite, which is a huge deal. If you drop in and get fucked up instantly, the last thing you want is to wait in line, and for newbies that just want to drop in a get some action/experience a bunch of rapid fire matches can really help. It's another good reason for them not to implement any sort of SBMM as that only tends to exacerbate queue times.

Half? I wish...

I read the news at home because I'm interested in it, but apparently there are people with aspirations to read the news on TV only for money...not because they're interested in it.

Yeah, there are streamers out there making big money entertaining a new generation on a new medium, but jumping to "kids today" blanket statements is just ridiculous. 99.9% don't make a living playing video games and 99.9% don't make a living reading the news on TV. There are also other factors to consider as for why they're being watched: personality, looks, skill at gaming, skill at one particular game (FOTM), etc. Some of these streamers play all day every day and they essentially get trapped playing their one niche game forever because of viewership. Want to try something new? Nope, you get to play the popular game people want to see. Want to do something else? Nope, you're at your computer on stream all day, every day. It's not something everyone could or should do.
Its not a blanket statement. No where does it say ALL kids today. ITs a statement of where things have gone since the days that online games barely even existed to where we are now. I'm old enough to remember where there was no internet and video games ran mostly on console. PC games where either side scrollers or text based.
Leave your "lecturing" to someone else because it was a light hearted discussion and you turned it into a angry rant.
Now get off my lawn.....

Its not a blanket statement. No where does it say ALL kids today. ITs a statement of where things have gone since the days that online games barely even existed to where we are now. I'm old enough to remember where there was no internet and video games ran mostly on console. PC games where either side scrollers or text based.
Leave your "lecturing" to someone else because it was a light hearted discussion and you turned it into a angry rant.
Now get off my lawn.....

Lighthearted?

damn people have to get paid for fun now-a-days?

Get off my lawn was exactly what I was expecting you to say next, honestly...

Yup, and based on his junked up room he's saving alot of it. He'll be fine.

Not really, from what I understand he has a really nice house, and thats not his bedroom, rather it's just an empty spare setup for streaming. Pretty sure not long after his fame, one of his first buys was a Ferrari. Not saying hes blowing it all mind you, but lots of his personal finances are not known and from the obvious things he buys that you can't hide...Looks like he can for sure spend some money.

Half? I wish...

Yeah, hes not worth THAT much....Yet. While he has been streaming for years, something like 7-8 years I think, his popularity has actually only been the past year, if that and tied to Fortnight.

Lighthearted?

Get off my lawn was exactly what I was expecting you to say next, honestly...
Yes it was said in jest, commenting on the changing times. Apparently you took offense and i'm glad you got what you expected. Get off my lawn is sort of the running joke in the forums.....for us "old timers" In many cases we aren't old at all just old enough to remember times before the internet and other such things people take for granted today.

Not really, from what I understand he has a really nice house, and thats not his bedroom, rather it's just an empty spare setup for streaming. Pretty sure not long after his fame, one of his first buys was a Ferrari. Not saying hes blowing it all mind you, but lots of his personal finances are not known and from the obvious things he buys that you can't hide...Looks like he can for sure spend some money.

Yeah, hes not worth THAT much....Yet. While he has been streaming for years, something like 7-8 years I think, his popularity has actually only been the past year, if that and tied to Fortnight.
Two months at his current rate beats half my life, and probably most regular 9 to 5 people.

Not surprising honestly, quite a few MP games where people join then afk or go off and hide all game in team oriented game so you end up with lopsided teams the vast majority of the time. Crazy how difficult it is to get 16 people or so to play a game together at the same time. It's voluntary entertainment and people have a difficult time doing it. Then you're outnumbered and probably playing against kids like this that play 7 days a week.

Not to say there hasn't always been greedy people, but somewhere along the line greed went from a sin to a virtue lol.

Back