Thanksgiving Day Parade Gets Rickrolled

Master [H];1033377226 said:
QFT!

The internet can give even a one-hit wonder a second chance.

He had more than one hit(as did all that got produced by Stock/Aitken/Waterman)...

Had a freelance gig as a radio voice up to June this year, I'm a bit ashamed to admit to doing the deed, I think it is a tired cliche that wasn't even funny in the first place, but I felt good doing it because somewhere out there someone clenched their fist, all "ooh you got me real good there", and I'm all for entertaining my listeners.

"..and this goes out to all you internet nerds out there", click, dodododo doodoo dooo

Shame they didn't have Tower of Strength in their music library for the valentine's day show.

I hate that damn stupid song. I'm gonna end up singing it at work, in the shower, while doing my gf. GTFO of my life stupid rick rolled.

Pure comedy.

Props to Rick on cashing in on it though. I'm sure most of us would.

We were flipping channels and then I heard the intro music and I instantly yelled out, "IT'S A RICKROLL" and my wife and kid looked at me like I was a complete moron (nothing new there) and I told them to flip it back and sure as shit, Rick Astley comes out and lip-synchs the rickroll and then I lost it completely and nearly pissed myself. My wife asked me if I smoked some dope and then said I should stay off the Internet for a few years.

A lot of the acts are usually lyp synched in those parades. I'm not entirely sure if it's for biological or technical reasons, but I notice it a lot.

prob alot easier and cheaper to toss in a cd into an audio system then have an entire staff to let him sing live for 3 mins controlling all sorts of crap to make sure it sounds good

A lot of the acts are usually lyp synched in those parades. I'm not entirely sure if it's for biological or technical reasons, but I notice it a lot.

Yeah, the lip syncing is what made me turn it off. It just pissed me off watching these musicians trying to desperately look as if they weren't lip-syncing, when it was blatantly obvious that they were. Almost makes me wonder why most of them agreed to even be in the parade.

So I've had to explain to like 10 relatives what a Rick Roll was the past 2 days.

And they still don't quite get it. Damn noobs!

prob alot easier and cheaper to toss in a cd into an audio system then have an entire staff to let him sing live for 3 mins controlling all sorts of crap to make sure it sounds good

Yeah, this is why they did it. Setting up a live stage for a 30 second goof just isn't worth it. I checked recent clips on Youtube and the guy can still sing.

All I can say is, the guys at Cartoon Network who put this into action are fucking sadistic GODS!

*BOW*
*SCRAPE*

We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We su-uck!

They just rickrolled the entire fscking country (if not the entire hemisphere, or planet) with this gag. They did it live(-ish, probably 3 second "wardrobe malfunction" delay and lip-sync), and had The Man Himself participating!

One-upmanship? FUCK! THREE-upmanship, AT LEAST!

About the only way to top this would be to freeze Rick, shoot him into space on a probe, and hope he lands on an inhabited planet and have him do this there as well. Rickroll the universe!

Back