Thanks Elon you screwed us

I somewhat agree with the Elon-rage, but if I can get 300Mb/s by "mid to late 2021"all will be forgiven. I just need to wait to get a new rig to run MSFS2020 in VR. Given the frame rates and settings people are running with 3090s it will be a while. MSFS2020 in VR is the new Crysis

People who liken investing to gambling don't understand investing. You can use the stock market as a gambling vehicle, but that doesn't mean investing and gambling are the same thing. Gambling is based on random chance and nothing else. That is not true with regard to investing.

That's what people say, but no, it is pretty much gambling because there's no intrinsic connection to the real world value of something and its stock price, and it's all fixed anyway. There's so much manipulation going on that unless you're someone on the inside, you're going to get randomly screwed at some point.

That's what people say, but no, it is pretty much gambling because there's no intrinsic connection to the real world value of something and its stock price, and it's all fixed anyway. There's so much manipulation going on that unless you're someone on the inside, you're going to get randomly screwed at some point.

You're wrong, but that doesn't affect me or my investment returns, so you do you.

You're wrong, but that doesn't affect me or my investment returns, so you do you.

Yeah, investment isn't gambling unless you treat it like it is.

The most absolute core aspect to investing is very simple: Invest in a small business that needs funding assistance.
A small company that wants to build something big, but just doesn't have the budget.

Invest in the little guy with a big dream, and that's the true core of investing. It's not about YOUR profit.
It's about helping a company accomplish their dreams. If you keep this in mind, you will end up only investing in companies that YOU think will succeed.
And chart analysis, popularity, profits, and other irrelevant data points will begin to fade as the truth emerges: Good ideas and good people are what you should invest in.

The most absolute core aspect to investing is very simple: Invest in a small business that needs funding assistance.
A small company that wants to build something big, but just doesn't have the budget.

Invest in the little guy with a big dream, and that's the true core of investing. It's not about YOUR profit.
It's about helping a company accomplish their dreams. If you keep this in mind, you will end up only investing in companies that YOU think will succeed.
And chart analysis, popularity, profits, and other irrelevant data points will begin to fade as the truth emerges: Good ideas and good people are what you should invest in.
Great! My dream is building a huge crypto farm.

Lol. Yeah investing isn't gambling if you do it right. And for a lot of it you really do have to think long term, not day to day.

Lol. Yeah investing isn't gambling if you do it right. And for a lot of it you really do have to think long term, not day to day.

Didn't you hear? The latest gambling addiction crisis plaguing our society is people buying and holding S&P500 index funds! Or what about people who get a massive rush of adrenaline every time they add to their 2050 target date fund? It's like being high for 29 more years man, you have no idea!

Didn't you hear? The latest gambling addiction crisis plaguing our society is people buying and holding S&P500 index funds! Or what about people who get a massive rush of adrenaline every time they add to their 2050 target date fund? It's like being high for 29 more years man, you have no idea!
Lol, those target date funds, what a scam those are.

My take is that investing done right does, in fact, involve a certain level of gambling.

I agree with this 100% - this should always be the core investment.

Investing and gambling are, in my mind, on different ends of a continuum. On one end, you have doomsday preppers who invest in food, water, medicine, and defense. There are potentially zero returns here, but the assurance of living (which is more valuable than money) is high in a worst-case scenario. On the other end, PUT IT ALL ON RED, BABY! There are potentially enormous returns, but the likelihood is losing your shirt. Most of us are somewhere in the middle. My core investments are long-term and low-risk. But I hodl as much BTC as possible that losing it all tomorrow would not meaningfully affect my life. I think cryptocurrency has a place in an investment portfolio, and it has a place in mine.

Oh you mean gamble on a company you're guessing is going to do well? Gotcha.

That seem really wrong to me.

Buy 1% of 3 tech company BlackBerry, Apple and Amazon and 3 entertainment company Disney, Netflix and Lionsgate.

Without having to look at the stock value, just by judging your day to day experience if I would ask you to guess which %1 of those company is worth the most today, would you have no chance to roughly class them, because there is no connection to the real world between the value of their stock, may as well flip a coin ?

Or you could be confident that %1 of Apple and Amazon being worth more than %1 of Blackberry right now, even if you would have never look at their stock valuation, same for Disney and Netflix being higher than Lionsgate.

The year of crypto. Lots of people outside of Elon screwed "us" long before this happened. $100K/coin BTC by year end!
100k/coin? with no use case, slow, expensive and power hungry? LOL. Elon is a puppet and ppl are falling in to the trap. They didn't mention bitcoin anywhere... The only cryptos that can be found in the International Monetary Fund "ISO20022 are Calibra, XML and XRP.

Attachments

• IMF-20022-0.jpg
    IMF-20022-0.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMF-ISO20022-1.jpg
    IMF-ISO20022-1.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 0
100k/coin? with no use case, slow, expensive and power hungry? LOL. Elon is a puppet and ppl are falling in to the trap. They didn't mention bitcoin anywhere... The only cryptos that can be found in the International Monetary Fund "ISO20022 are Calibra, XML and XRP.
Store of value.

100k/coin? with no use case, slow, expensive and power hungry?
I think the slow, expensive and power hungry goes away for the obvious use case I can see for something like btc.

I have you ever wondered how it can be possible for a treasury bond to get to negative interest rate ?
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4353996-negative-interest-rates-are-back-in-news

It is so counter-intuitive why someone would buy a bond with the promise of losing money and it not something anyway person would entertain.

But a company or state that has giant amount of money could, keeping it in the form of cash would be a pain and cost a lot in security, safe rooms, shipping back and forth, same logic for gold. Many billions is just hard and expensive to manage has an asset itself, it would cost you a lot, a treasury bond even with a negative interest rate will be much safer, easier to handle and probably cheaper.

The transaction fee of bitcoin or speed is not relevant for that scenario, no power needed for the purchaser-seller it would need to stop to have dips days like it just had for that to ever happen too, seem like it could do a good job at doing that, more efficiently and safer than gold possibly, could it beat treasury bond and the other vehicle used right now, that is hard to know, they just need to stay above 0% interest rate to be extremely hard to beat.

Oh man, I didn't realize that centralized shitcoins created by trustworthy companies such as Facebook and defined by a central organization were all that we wanted out of a decentralized, inflation-proof currency.

Oh man, I didn't realize that centralized shitcoins created by trustworthy companies such as Facebook and defined by a central organization were all that we wanted out of a decentralized, inflation-proof currency.
I don't think 65% of the xrp validators are in china or owned by top bigtech companies... oh, wait... that's BTC!
DYOR

I think the slow, expensive and power hungry goes away for the obvious use case I can see for something like btc.

I have you ever wondered how it can be possible for a treasury bond to get to negative interest rate ?
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4353996-negative-interest-rates-are-back-in-news

It is so counter-intuitive why someone would buy a bond with the promise of losing money and it not something anyway person would entertain.

But a company or state that has giant amount of money could, keeping it in the form of cash would be a pain and cost a lot in security, safe rooms, shipping back and forth, same logic for gold. Many billions is just hard and expensive to manage has an asset itself, it would cost you a lot, a treasury bond even with a negative interest rate will be much safer, easier to handle and probably cheaper.

The transaction fee of bitcoin or speed is not relevant for that scenario, no power needed for the purchaser-seller it would need to stop to have dips days like it just had for that to ever happen too, seem like it could do a good job at doing that, more efficiently and safer than gold possibly, could it beat treasury bond and the other vehicle used right now, that is hard to know, they just need to stay above 0% interest rate to be extremely hard to beat.
This is why defi is rising now, you should be taking advantage of it.

Yes, before crypto took off GPU prices skyrocketed. It's due to the shortage of GPUs from Nvidia and then later AMD.

Rough timeline from my experience:

Nvidia announces 3xxx lineup ---> GPU prices dwindle

Nvidia doesn't have any 3xxx cards --> GPU prices skyrocket

I sold my 1080 ti in mid October. This was after jacking up the price to $440 (now considered cheap I think)

Before the 3080 release date I had my GPU on eBay for $360. No one was interested. Not even one offer. The day of 3080 release suddenly I'm getting a ton of interest. I quickly jack up the price and disregard offers until finally someone buys it. I didn't have a GPU for 2 months after that.

Bitcoin didn't seem to really take off until December. The price in October was 20% higher than it was in May.
Nvidia is using Samsung 8nm for Ampere chips, TSMC is getting hammered with Apple, AMD (3000, 4000, 5000 series CPUs, 5000 and 6000 series GPUs, Xbox series X/S, PS5) among other companies orders for chips. It was a perfect storm for a shortage of everything, and lately auto manufacturers are halting production for some vehicles because they cannot even get chips for their cars!

Back