Thank you [H]ard|OCP, this is the result

Astragoth

n00b
six years ago I bought my first computer system. I was a complete beginner, and it showed.

My motherboard did not have a AGP slot, It was loud, it was slow, it fell apart. :rolleyes:

so I got my 2nd computer a few years later. this time I listened to a good friend who had 4 computers in his house (OMFG he must know everything!!!)

It was a HUGE improvement. In fact, I'm typing this post on that very computer.

The specs are in my sig.

I became interested in computers, and started to read. The site that gave me the best information is [H].

Today I ordered my third computer from a company in the netherlands, and this is what I ordered. BTW, you might see a couple of parts that have gotten a good review here....

case: antec P180B
PSU corsair HX620
mobo: Asus P5B deluxe WIFI-ap
CPU C2D E6700
RAM: G.skill pc 6400 (2GB dual channel kit)
videocard: BFG 8800 GTX OC2
harddrive: seagate barracuda 7200.10 320 GB
CPU-cooler: Arctic freezer 7 pro
monitor: Samsung 205 BW
keyboard: logitech G15
mouse: logitech mx518
speakers: Logitech x-540
operating system *cough* vista home premium*cough*

no sound card, due to vista problems. on board sound should be fine as it is.

I would like to thank this site for building my opinions, while allowing me to disagree and form my own opinion. Yes I chose Vista, I think it will pay off in a year. My pc's are meant to last at least 3 years, and I don't want to buy a new OS in that period.

Keep up the good work please.

[H] FTW! I built both of my computers from opinions based off [H]. I'm soon to build another! :D

[H] Helped me pick some components; I came quite close to buying a poor PSU, and not-so-great vid cards....so I got an 8800. Pretty [H], eh? :D

It's an awesome place for information. A total newcomer to the computer scene can spend several months here reading about components, software and peripherals and walk away with an excellent first build. :cool:

Great build.. How much did it all run yah ;)

And glad to see another person satisfied with the results of a forum :)

[H] has tought me more about computers within the past few months ;)

Gj man with the new computer.

Great build.. How much did it all run yah ;)

And glad to see another person satisfied with the results of a forum :)

[H] has tought me more about computers within the past few months ;)

Gj man with the new computer.

Including assemblage and 3 years warranty + dead pixel warranty on the monitor it was 2162,69 euro's.

That should be around 2900 dollars I think.

Looks like a pretty sweet build, I know you'll enjoy it. Hope nothing comes DOA ;)

Couldn't have done it better myself, only things I would have changed are personal preference.

Back