Thank you Gskill

Pitbully

[H]ard|Gawd
So at Christmas time I spotted some Gskill Ripjaws Memory on sale at Newegg for like $37 or something. I knew within the next month I'd be building a new SB system, so I grabbed 4-2gb sticks for less then $80. The first of February I got around to building my 2600k system, as it turned out, 2 of the 4 sticks were bad and I had to RMA them. I was out of Neweggs 30 day return policy and when I did my review on Newegg, I made note of the bad sticks. Tech support also posted a note on my review with links, emails and website info for Gskill RMA process. Last Monday I actually got around to emailing them. Exchanging a couple emails, by Wednesday I had my RMA number and what not, printed out a copy of my invoice and their RMA form, I dropped it in the mail on Friday. Low and behold, today I had 2 brand spanking new sticks from Gskill in the mail. 1 week turnaround from Gskill was way more then I ever thought possible. I've had to RMA motherboards, Hard drives, Video cards, memory and even a keyboard once, but I don't think I've ever had a 7 day turn around on anything, especially when you consider 3 days in the mail to and from. I've been a die hard Corsair man when it comes to memory for years, but with service like that, I'll never be afraid to buy Gskill again.

Last edited:
I had similar experience with them about a year ago. They make great ram and are on top of their game in customer service. I buy Gskill because they make the best ram.

Gotta love G.Skill. Had to rma the first time in 8 years and it was a great experience for me too.

Love G.Skill ram......I buy it almost exclusively. Great prices, great quality, great customer service.

That's why I only run G.Skill in my own system and have for almost a decade.

Bought my wife Team Group for her last upgrade only because I've read good things and, at the time, it was on sale for less than anything else.

The TG has been flawless, but I'm sticking with G.Skill in my own system.

I found out my 4 year old Gskill module was bad recently, was amazed that they warrantied their stuff that long. Easiest RMA on earth.

Recently picked up some gskill ram from a Hard forum member for my X58 rig and its really good stuff. Advertised timings are 7,8,7,24 2T@1600. Currently its running @1700 7,8,7,27 1T and its amazingly fast. GSkill rocks.

lol, this thread sounds like a bunch of paid employees.

i know right.

when the norm is people bitching about this or other manufacturer (often rightly so), bit of a shock to see members falling over themselves to kiss G.skill's arse....

on my second set of G.skill ram myself. first set had a bad stick, didn't need to RMA, the store i purchased from swapped them over for a new set on the spot. not only that, got an upgrade ('DDR3 1600' to 'DD3 1866'). as ram prices had dropped since i bought the original set, ended up with a store credit for the difference after the exchange!

not really a G.skill feel-good story, just highlights the excellent CS from that particular store. it's good to know if i have a problem with my current 16GB set, shouldn't have too many issues getting a replacement.

Another +1 for G. Skill. My girlfriend had a stick that was DoA, a couple quick e-mails to G. Skill and the RMA was approved. Turnaround time was just a shade over a week and the box they sent was stuffed full of G. Skill stickers, pens, badges and dog tags. :D

I have sent several sticks to gskill for various reasons, always top notch service, never any issues. Just bought some for my 2011 build

Only had to deal with them a few times, and ALWAYS had nothing but fast, courteous, no-BS service, regardless of the situation/timeframe/issues......

My Bro just bought close to a 1000 sticks from them for a massive office upgrade project over the past year and neveranottaproblemo !

Thanks again. I just had an experience trying to run highly respected different brand of memory in my system and I was unable to get it to meet the Gskill speeds or performance.

The only reason i tried a different set of ram was because the price was much lower. With GSkill my experience is that you get what you pay for and when you need the absolute fastest, stable ram Gskill RAM is ready for the job.

I've used G.Skill for my last two builds, and I plan to use them in the future. Have had no issues with anything I have purchased from them.

Gotta love my G.Skill, only brand I've been using for years now. Awesome stuff!

Agree. a lot of ppl prefer Corsair today but I think they are actually better for the buck.

I just placed an order for 16GB G.Skill from Newegg for my x79 build. it is nice to hear the company is taking care the customer.

If/when I upgrade from my i7 920 to Ivy Bridge, I'll likely use a set of G.Skill... had a wonderful set in my 775 build

I've used Corsair almost exclusively in the past, but I think I'll give G.Skill a shot next time. I have had pleasant experiences with Corsair RMA, but I don't know if the cost premium between the two brand is warranted.

It's good to hear that the customer service is great.

Gskill is great ram, i love all my gskill, goodbye corsair!

Corsair also has awesome customer service. I have had Corsair RAM as well. My experience with the overall quality in terms of top performance and value goes to Gskill.

My only problem with G.Skill is the ricer heatspreaders.. They used to be ok with keeping it toned down or at least offering a high end RAM with conservative looking heatspreaders, but now all the good/cheap sets are SNIPERZ this or RIPJAWZ that with huge toy-looking heatspreaders.

I know it's about performance and bigger heatspreaders = better, but it's a personal irk :)

After using Micron/Crucial RAM (and having the sticks fail, and dealing with bad customer service) I switched to Gskill, and I have never looked back. Best DRAM out there IMO.

I've had good experience with G.Skill.
Same.

Dealt with their great service department and extremely helpful forums last year. Ended up having to RMA a kit with extremely fast turnaround. Definitely going to consider them for all future builds.

I used to be a Corsair fan (well, overall I still am) but I've moved to G Skill for memory now.

I'm a mixed-memory brand user. Here is my story: At least 8-10 years ago, G.Skill had no office in the US. They had/hired a guy somewhere in Indiana that helped with RMA and stuffs. I RMAed a set back then and service was excellent. Now, I think they have an office in the US and that would further improve the customer service they provide. I just bought a 16GB kit two months ago. Hope their excellent customer service will come handy some day. Besides G.Skill, I've RMAed memory to: Corsair, OCZ, Crucial, Mushkin, Kingston, Team Elite and Centon before and always had positive experience. Hope they continue to stay that way.

Love my Ripjaws, absolutely awesome memory. But I am just starting an RMA on some Snipers I bought back in September. Glad to hear things usually work out well with the RMA's.

I started to use G Skill when the core 2 duos came out and I almost never had problems. for the few times that I did have problems they always took care of me.

I now only use G Skill on my personal builds

It's cheap, plentiful, and has a lifetime warranty.

Crucial drove me nuts with the DDR2-1066 Ballistix, but G.Skill looks set to do much better with my SB build.

Back