Thank you GSkill

Zenshi

Gawd
Just a minor thread. Just recently one of my 2GBHZ GSkill DDR2 800 RAM started to fail (errors on memtest, causing errors on Windows). As the HZ RAM used D9 chips, I figured it would eventually go south.

Problem was, that was the only RAM I had on my rig. After contacting GSkill's customer service, they told me I could send back 1 stick of RAM and use the good stick. They would send a replacement stick of RAM from a matched pair and keep the other stick on hold. Then after I installed the replacement stick, I can return the remaining stick of HZ RAM to get the other replacement stick from the matched pair.

Sent back the memory as instructed and they replaced it with some very nice DDR2 1066 (2GBPK)

So my old RAM (was nice while it lasted)
kif1271astk9.gif

New RAM (sorry for the bad photo)
kif2103as.jpg

So though it is not much of a post I just wanted to say thanks to GSkill for their service.

That's pretty cool. I'm a recent G.Skill convert and I'm hoping to stay for awhile.

Yeah I had to RMA some Gskill ram before and then sent me some faster and better ram in return very good customer service...

Never dealt with their warranty service but always good to hear a positive story about a company instead of the regular horror stories, I'll keep this in mind next time I'm shopping for ram.

been using gskill in 3 systems a p45 board, p55, and p67. none of the sticks have come doa like my ocz sticks and all of them have passed 24hrs memtest and 24hrs hci memtest.

I've got 4 of those G.Skill 2GB DDR2-1066 sticks in my Q6600/P45 setup that my wife now uses.

Never had a single issue with them. Bought them back when they were $40 a 4GB kit.

I'm using G.Skill RAM for the very first time. It's nice to hear stories about good customer service. Very reassuring.

Unfortunately I had had to RMA some GSkill ram last week and the RMA process was fast and efficient. Thanks GSkill.

I bought 16Gb of 1.35v GSkill ram and two 120GB GSkill SSDs, and have been nothing but happy with both. The only problem is that I got two free t-shirts that I can't really wear because I'm a closeted technophile.

I started using G.Skill a couple of years ago and I could not be happier. Their support forums were great for an overclocking issue I had.

I always look to them first now.

+1 for G.skill.

Back