Thank you EVGA!

Slammd Sol

n00b
RMA'ed my EVGA 7900GS last week after it took a crap and got an 8800GTS 320 in the mail today as a replacement. Thanks EVGA!

The last 2 cards I had to RMA to EVGA were replaced with better cards. 7900GT to a 7950 GX2 and a 7600GT to a 8600 GTS SC. The are a great company.

This thread may have solved the dilemma I've been having over which companies 8800 gtx to buy.

I've had similair experiences from BFG as well. I sent in a 6800GTOC AGP for RMA and they returned a 7800GTOC back to me. These kinds of warranties will be the things that make people love bying their hardware.

Well, I'm a bit disappointed after I just RMA'd my 7900gs to XFX and got a 8600GTS apparently.

Well, I'm a bit disappointed after I just RMA'd my 7900gs to XFX and got a 8600GTS apparently.

That doesn't seem to bad, fair really. Thats why you buy high end cards, they have to replace with with the new high end card :p

In some cases people were given 8600GTS' and they do perform worse in some cases, but overall they are comprable.

As for EVGA's policy... it is never to downgrade you from an RMA card even if the product is not in stock or EOL'd. Just know that if you get a slower card than you sent in, contact EVGA because it was just a mistake and should be corrected.

XFX has the same policy, but isn't as kind as eVGA it seems. I really hope I get a 7900GT rather than a 8600, since I RMA'd my card recently, and I run SLI.

as long as the card isn't less powerful than the original you've got no grounds to complain i think?
Yeah, I don't plan on complaining to XFX, I think some titles MIGHT take a small performance hit from using an 8600GTS over the 7900GS, but it's cool. I asked them if I could upgrade to like an 8800GS for 20 dollars more or so. No response thus far though.

I think if they know you run SLi, you could send both in and they would return a comparable single card, but maybe not. Maybe they'll send you an 8800GTS 320mb or something similar, and you'll have a 7900GT left over to sell, that'd be pretty cool. Good luck with that.

Wow, I hope my 8800GT does crap out. I may get lucky and get a 9800GX2. LoL
They'll only give you something better if what you sent in they don't have anymore. They have to replace it with a 'on par' card for the money at that time that you bought it. IE, 7800GS is a low/mid, they replace it with modern low/mid card, which happens to always be better.

Yeah, I don't plan on complaining to XFX, I think some titles MIGHT take a small performance hit from using an 8600GTS over the 7900GS, but it's cool. I asked them if I could upgrade to like an 8800GS for 20 dollars more or so. No response thus far though.

I think if they know you run SLi, you could send both in and they would return a comparable single card, but maybe not. Maybe they'll send you an 8800GTS 320mb or something similar, and you'll have a 7900GT left over to sell, that'd be pretty cool. Good luck with that.
I don't think they will do that due to the bureaucracy. It's still good as it is now. They are a company that is trying to build up a good reputation, and they are!

Well, the other card is eVGA, so it's doubtful. I can only hope they send me an 8800, I'd happily ebay the extra 7900GT :D

Today I got my replacement, and it's sadly an 8600 GTS. Oh well, I already know to buy evga from now on.

Going EVGA doesn't guarantee free upgrades on card returns, but I recommend them anyway. Just don't get disappointed if you receive the same model card that you sent in...

I'm gunna try RMA'ing my GX2 and see if the send me a GT200!!

Wish me well... :D

Just joking... Go EVGA!! :cool:

Going EVGA doesn't guarantee free upgrades on card returns, but I recommend them anyway. Just don't get disappointed if you receive the same model card that you sent in...
I would've been happy with the same card I sent in, but I got an 8600.

Wow, nice work to the guy who went from a 7900GT -> 7950GX2 ;)

Indeed, EVGA is the best. Keep it up!

Back