thank god i use a P4

skinlab

Gawd
fan on my zalman wasnt running, just noticed it now, no wonder games were sluggish a bit, fan has been dead since last night when i installed vid card/ram, im so lucky haha
got it working again, either a cord was locking it up or the connection was a bit loose, all fixed

omfg im so lucky...

well most motherboards have built in overheating protection,
but yes, you are lucky nothing bad happened.

Originally posted by jamestime88
well most motherboards have built in overheating protection,
but yes, you are lucky nothing bad happened.

most 'current' motherboards do, not all of them though
and had this been an amd, it wouldve fried pretty quick

system performance was fine, but in-game it was a bit sluggish, now i know why, it was underclocking itself heh

good times!

Hehe Nice! I would take notice IMMEDIATELY, damn Aeroflow so damn loud :(

I really wanna move to watercooling though... no cash :(

Which Zalman was it? The extremely popular CNPS7000? Scary... everybody's recommending it. And it has a proprietory fan...

My motherboard just turns the system off if it's overheating, so I suppose my Athlon would have been safe. A fan quitting on a heatsink is not the same thing as a heatsink falling off, when it comes to thermal dissipation.

but since you guys're having so much fun with the pro-intel:

Of course, since it's an Athlon I could have just bought a replacement one, and still have spent less money than I would have on an equivalent P4.

:).

Erik

Originally posted by Dem

Of course, since it's an Athlon I could have just bought a replacement one, and still have spent less money than I would have on an equivalent P4.

:).

Erik
lol, true.

AMD users can't deny that Intel's thermal throttling is very nice, but Intel users can't deny that AMD is much cheaper.

I wish i had a P4... but AMD is cheap.. and well i'm in college with no job. So till i graduate i'm going AMD.... :(

It would be nice if AMD had some sort of temp protection like Pentium... oh well.. glad your stuff didn't fry

Originally posted by KevC
Which Zalman was it? The extremely popular CNPS7000? Scary... everybody's recommending it. And it has a proprietory fan...

yes, it was
problem wasnt with the fan itself though, it was a user error

i must've bumped the connection (eventhough i remember checking it) and it got loose, but i didnt check the fan-mate, which i think was the problem. either that, or a cable mustve gotten in between the fins and stopped the fan from spinning.

either way, good thing i didnt burn out my 2.6c, and it's overclocked too heh, good thing is that it topped out at 45celcius even without a fan, but that was idle lol

Back