Tfue, Dr Disrespect and TimTheTatman react to Ninja's Fortnite skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

erek

[H]F Junkie
Who's the biggest fortnite fan on here? You into flossin'?

"The Icon Series definitely seems like something that has been a long-time coming to Fortnite. The game became a pop-culture phenomenon and people such as Ninja have helped it grow massively, as well as vice versa.

As well as Ninja, Kathleen ‘Loserfruit’ Belsten and David ‘TheGrefg’ Martínez will be getting in-game skins at some point in the future as part of the Icon Series."

ninja-fortnite-skin-pon-pon-1024x576.jpg

https://www.dexerto.com/fortnite/tf...etatman-react-to-ninjas-fortnite-skin-1313884

I feel like I'm out of touch with some of these things. Almost like a sports fan but hearing someone talking about the champion of the Russian league of curling. May be big in that circle but outside of that he's just a nobody. Good for him, I'm sure he's making bank on any endorsements or whatever. Kind of like that Fata1ity guy (couldn't stand him) that got the hardware deals named after him for a while.

It's like we're becoming some sports club. They have shoes, etc. named after them. We have skins, motherboards, mice, etc. named after our big names...

I have no problem with Ninja getting his own skin. The dude was a basically the one that started this whole streaming craze.... Soared to the top but always promoted and supported his fellow streamers and was a good spokesman for the field. The guy is kinda synonymous with Fortnite so Epic showing the guy some love is pretty cool and IMO deserved.

About how i felt too. I suppose there are younger people finding out about this site here too. We still get the articles about hardware development, they can have articles about fortnite skins.

ever played fortnite? (just curious)

I did early on when they had the like horde mode? i think it was. I did enjoy that. Tried playing again a few months ago just cuz i do hear it online a lot, and it was just a bit all-over-the-place for me and didn't enjoy it.

Really dont have any beef with it tbh, everyone likes what they like. Just gotta take a quick shot when i can :D

I play warcraft, so i am not in any position to make fun of anyone elses game of choice lol.

I did early on when they had the like horde mode? i think it was. I did enjoy that. Tried playing again a few months ago just cuz i do hear it online a lot, and it was just a bit all-over-the-place for me and didn't enjoy it.

Really dont have any beef with it tbh, everyone likes what they like. Just gotta take a quick shot when i can :D

I play warcraft, so i am not in any position to make fun of anyone elses game of choice lol.

i have never played

Better keep up to date with these things gents... adapt or get pushed out.

When the youngins would rather hear stories about the time you watched drdisrespect uninstall pubg 3 times live versus your camping trip in Alaska... you know shit's getting real.

Imagine being an 'icon' for playing video games. Humanity is doomed.

meh, good for him I guess. It would have been cool if I had been given my own skin in Quake / Quake 2. Of course back then, you could actually mod and create your own skins....
Were you a famous quake player?

Nope, was into Planetside 2, and MW4 back in the day.
Better keep up to date with these things gents... adapt or get pushed out.

When the youngins would rather hear stories about the time you watched drdisrespect uninstall pubg 3 times live versus your camping trip in Alaska... you know shit's getting real.
The older I get, the more I feel like this. Seeing all these new 'adult' that look like metrosexuals is kindof depressing.
maxresdefault.jpg

Ninja is the person standing in the middle @

Imagine being an 'icon' for playing video games. Humanity is doomed.
I like to daydream the world gets hit with a colossally tragic event that reverts us back to the stone age and watch these type of people slowly die off, not knowing what to do to survive. :)

As I rapidly approach the “middle aged gamer” years myself and being the proud papa of three... I am so glad that my kids think Fortnight is terrible.

it’s success can’t be denied though and it certainly is pop culture. This is what celebrity looks like these days I suppose?

As I rapidly approach the “middle aged gamer” years myself and being the proud papa of three... I am so glad that my kids think Fortnight is terrible.

it’s success can’t be denied though and it certainly is pop culture. This is what celebrity looks like these days I suppose?

i thought the hype around fornite died in 2019

I don't get the Fortnite hate. Do people just hate things because kids like it or the fans are annoying? I played it for about a month when the beta first came out. It was fun for a while but then I got bored. I usually don't like online games that change a ton (I've hated TF2 ever since they added extra weapons and hats and crap). I totally get the streamer hate though.

Were you a famous quake player?
Different times, but basically this guy is "famous" for playing lots of Fortnite. I definitely played a lot of Quake. I did have my own website for levels I built with my trusty Quake tools development kit.

I don't get the Fortnite hate. Do people just hate things because kids like it or the fans are annoying? I played it for about a month when the beta first came out. It was fun for a while but then I got bored. I usually don't like online games that change a ton (I've hated TF2 ever since they added extra weapons and hats and crap). I totally get the streamer hate though.

Same. I started playing it because my kid loved it and wanted me to try it back in season 3 and ice been a casual player ever since. It ain't the greatest game in the world but it's fun to play and free. I still usually cough up the cash for a battle pass every season and buy a skin here and there. I figure if I'm getting several hours of fun out of Epic's product that they're letting me play for free, throwing a little cash their way in support seems fair to me.

I've never understood the hate it gets either.... Guess it's just how things are these days. If something or someone get really popular, all the "cool kids" hate it.

Different times, but basically this guy is "famous" for playing lots of Fortnite. I definitely played a lot of Quake. I did have my own website for levels I built with my trusty Quake tools development kit.

I did too. When I was a teenager, I was playing this:

tZTUzZi00YWViLWJmY2QtY2FlNWQ0NTFmZWNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgwMzY1MDQ@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1333,1000_AL_.jpg

Today grown men are dying their hair purple and playing this:

960x0.jpg

I don't care how much money they make, it's pathetic.

Dr. Disrepect plays a Fornite character that looks just like his online persona.
He uninstalls the game like once a month because it's a bad relationship.

i thought the hype around fornite died in 2019

it did for a little bit when apex came out but then apex went the way everyone expected it to go and that it was just a quick cash cow for EA and for the developers to make a name for themselves. once that hype died down most people went back to fortnite.

Same. I started playing it because my kid loved it and wanted me to try it back in season 3 and ice been a casual player ever since. It ain't the greatest game in the world but it's fun to play and free. I still usually cough up the cash for a battle pass every season and buy a skin here and there. I figure if I'm getting several hours of fun out of Epic's product that they're letting me play for free, throwing a little cash their way in support seems fair to me.

I've never understood the hate it gets either.... Guess it's just how things are these days. If something or someone get really popular, all the "cool kids" hate it.
What hate are you guys referring to? Because I haven't seen any in this thread you're posting in about it.

Or is that how things are these days? If someone doesn't like the same things you do, they obviously "hate" it.

I did too. When I was a teenager, I was playing this:

View attachment 217090

Today grown men are dying their hair purple and playing this:

View attachment 217087

I don't care how much money they make, it's pathetic.

Lol.

Because you played bloodier/more gory games doesn't give you point on the cool/adult/alpha male card. A game is a game.

This is coming from a unreal player. I'm not a fortnite fan but to talk all this shit and claim a position of superiority is nonsense.

Jesus the fucking boomers on this site are out of control.

Lol.

Because you played bloodier/more gory games doesn't give you point on the cool/adult/alpha male card. A game is a game.

This is coming from a unreal player. I'm not a fortnite fan but to talk all this shit and claim a position of superiority is nonsense.

Jesus the fucking boomers on this site are out of control.

Ya sure, and I bet you think a grown man going into a theater to see a Disney movie like "Frozen" by himself isn't an extremely strange fucking thing to do. But apparently today seeing men with the mental age of seven isn't that uncommon.

Boomers? Quake 1 came out in 1996 and I said I payed it as a teenager. You are only like 15 years off from the very end of "boomers". Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Ya sure, and I bet you think a grown man going into a theater to see a Disney movie like "Frozen" by himself isn't an extremely strange fucking thing to do. But apparently today seeing men with the mental age of seven isn't that uncommon.

Boomers? Quake 1 came out in 1996 and I said I payed it as a teenager. You are only like 15 years off from the very end of "boomers". Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Boomer is a meme/mentality now and not knowing that proves that you are a boomer ;)

I recall the same sentiment about TF2 being "too cartoony" back in the day too, which was just as idiotic a take then as it is now. We all played Doom and Quake: you aren't special because the game you liked specialized in nine shades of brown.

I expected you to say you play Quake Live or something because that's what the realest manly men play, but apparently even you don't play arena shooters. I've had high hopes for various games looking to bring back the glory or expand the genre over the past few years (Toxikk, Natural Selection 2, Doom 2016 multiplayer, etc.)...they're all dead. No one wants to play these games from any age group including ours, so what exactly are you feeling superior about?

Hell, look at the upcoming Doom Eternal multiplayer: colors galore and it looks fun as fuck!

Playing games with blood does not make you manly. It's still a game. It doesn't make you squat 600 pounds. It doesn't give you knowledge on how to complete more tasks. It doesn't teach you how to fix cars. You're not all of a sudden able to chop down trees with your bare hands.

Also, if someone wants to see frozen alone, cool. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure I do things people consider "odd" or "niche" (like argue on computer hardware forums about video games).

Boomer.

*insert silly boomer quote*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back