Tf700T Stock, Super Laggy/useless, Is CM way to go?

NathanP2007

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so this is the best place I could think to post my issue and question(s). I own the TF700T i'd say two years ago? Probably more. I also bought the dock/keyboard as well. Now i would love it...if it wasnt so freaking slow. I dont have many apps on it, barely any files, yet it runs SOOOOO slow. I mean theres lag, theres overall slowness, its just borderline un-usable. I honestly turn it on, 20 apps need to update, i click update all and it takes 30 minutes, where as on my Nexus 4 or my mothers Nexus 7 its buttery smooth and takes 5 minutes. This tablet has a quad core CPU, this tablet has fantastic specs...WTF?!

I've searched on Google and this seems to be the general common issue with the TF700T. Now i am curious, (i have no experience rooting or modding) is there a mod OS that i can install that will fix this issue? Because i dont want to just give up and store away this insanely fantastic tablet+keyboard dock (fantastic specs wise) and end up having to buy something else down the road if i ever want a tablet again. I mean overall i must have spent $500 or something on this tablet and dock...and i've gotten so little use out of it its pathetic, and its so un-usable, and the real heart breaker...its specs are still top notch to this day!

Any advice or tips or help or answers would be fantastic. Thank you.

The problem is that the storage is slow as bananas, and CM11 did help, but keep the google account sync to an absolute minimum.

The problem is that the storage is slow as bananas, and CM11 did help, but keep the google account sync to an absolute minimum.

So basically im screwed from it ever being highly usable? Man it sucks its cause of its hardware that its unusable...what a waste of $500+ and a fantastic tablet with a HD screen and quad core CPU.

With CM11, the tablet is moderately usable, just be careful when multitasking too much, or have a lot of background tasks.

I too have the tf700t and am beyond disgusted with it. From what I have read CROMi-X seems to be the best way to go (granted it still won't perform like a Nexus 7 lol). I was going to try CROMi-X but then just decided to give the tablet to my 7 year old. He only uses the youtube app on it which fortunately performs well enough. Web browsing is not even worth trying when stock.

If you are interested, here are the instructions and download links for CROMi-X:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2425383

Back