Texting Woman Walks Into Path Of Train

HardOCP News

[H] News
OMG girl, U wouldn't bleev how hot dis guy wz...HONK!

Police say Sheena Keynna appeared to be texting Monday afternoon as she walked around the crossing gates and into the path of the passing freight train in Lakeland in central Florida.

...and she survived.

Yeah...when i'm out and about and i see someone walking and texting and heading right in my direction - I'M THAT TRAIN. :D

So they're going to give her a ticket too I hope? It is illegal to walk around those crossing guards :D

Zarathustra[H];1041477813 said:
Hmm. Link seems broken to me. Just takes me tot eh AP blue page.

Same, was hoping the bitch died, would have been natural selection at it's finest.

My aunt lives a block away from this same track but further down south in the Miami Dade area and I find it impossible that this woman didn't hear AND feel the passing train. Even when its passing by slow you can still feel the ground rumble like an aftershock, the metal on metal shrieking alone from that distance could probably be heard by a deaf person.

Also, wtf, those trains are like little mini mobile earthquakes. Even a deaf person could feel the ground shaking.

Way to drop the ball Darwinism.

Natural selection is driven by random chance, i.e. luck. And as the cliche goes it's sometimes better to be lucky than good. Not really sure why this particular case of "Stupid Accident" is that fascinating. Kids being left in cars to die from heat stroke, getting killed by your own 2 year old with your own gun, etc, plenty of examples of things that no one planned on happening to them when they woke up in the morning out there.

Just goes to show how engrossed she was in her texting that her mind shut off all her other sensory. :eek:

Emmm, WOW didn't see, hear, or feel that freight train...

Apparently that can happen, gonna need more warnings obviously!

First thing I thought of was, "Damn Zombies", then she should be the "walking dead", and then the thought of how cool it would be if on the show, "The Walking Dead", they show a zombie walking around looking at their phone. Eh, I think it's time for lunch. :D

Idiot gets hit by train while texting. Survives. Engineer working on Hololens gets rear-ended by idiot going 100MPH. Dies. What a cruel joke.

she's probably going to sue the train company and win.... Her reason will be that she shouldn't have been able to walk around the gate and be "allowed" to get hit.

So they're going to give her a ticket too I hope? It is illegal to walk around those crossing guards :D

They will just ban texting and walking...

And also gum chewing and walking. I heard that can require too mush attention as well.

These are the same people that text and drive. It's a stupid thing to do. Not only do they risk their own lives, but everyone else.

I imagine she had headphones on and was (likely) listening to music...and actually didn't hear the train.

she's probably going to sue the train company and win.... Her reason will be that she shouldn't have been able to walk around the gate and be "allowed" to get hit.

That girl who was texting and walked into a work zone and fell into an open manhole sued and won. I was walking to my car in the underground garage and had to run out of the way when this stupid girl came screaming down texting while driving.

I imagine she had headphones on and was (likely) listening to music...and actually didn't hear the train.

I walk around with headphones on almost daily and I can still hear and feel trains coming from long distances away. And that is with much smaller Amtrak commuter trains! It takes a dedicated act of not paying attention got get hit by a freight train.

That girl who was texting and walked into a work zone and fell into an open manhole sued and won. I was walking to my car in the underground garage and had to run out of the way when this stupid girl came screaming down texting while driving.

And if you had been hit, you could have sued her. :p

She probably would not have the means to pay a large settlement like a company does, but such is life :p

k5S0p.gif

I'm sort of curious, did the train conductor see her and blow the horn before the accident? I agree the train would have been loud enough regardless, but a train horn is practically loud enough to wake the dead...

Same, was hoping the bitch died, would have been natural selection at it's finest.

Technically that would be unnatural selection, but since she's probably already bred it wouldn't matter. The stupidity has already been passed to another generation.

Saw her mugshot and my first thought was that she needed a little something extra on top of her handouts.

My aunt lives a block away from this same track but further down south in the Miami Dade area and I find it impossible that this woman didn't hear AND feel the passing train. Even when its passing by slow you can still feel the ground rumble like an aftershock, the metal on metal shrieking alone from that distance could probably be heard by a deaf person.

Being a deaf person myself, I can you tell, no I can't hear a train.

I know one deaf girl personally who was killed by a train. It's sad.

Back