Texting FAIL of the Day

Why didn't any one notice that he was more concerned with putting the cellphone safely in his pocket as he half-ass jogs away. I don't know about you but I'm throwing the fucking phone and haulin' ass out of there.
Why would you throw your phone, at a bear no less?

Not throw at. Just throw it or hold it and run. Anything but try and put it in your pocket as you run from a bear..

Not as funny as the woman who walked into the water fountain while texting.

That was just hilarious. How can you not notice a bear in your yard? Or the sound of the new chopper overhead? That would've gotten my attention for sure.

in major cities there's ALWAYS choppers in the air.

Clearly we need a law that makes it illegal to use a cell phone while walking. In fact, it's pretty dangerous to use one anywhere but seated in a safe room in your home. Get on it legislators! Think of the revenue from citations!

We survived fine before cell phones, we don't need them! Rabble rabble rabble!

NO! We don't create laws to protect stoopidity instead we do to protect the intellects from stoopids!

If He shot the bear he would be in trouble at the very leased he would have his gun taken away for a long ass time while they filled out all the reports and what not. His life was not in danger, well not until the jack ass ran away. bears are normally not violent unless provoked, or if they have cubs. So discharging a weapon in an urban environment at an animal that posed little to not threat to you is a bad idea. Also playing dead only works with Grizzly bears for some reason not black bears, If you piss off a black bear and play dead it will still eat you.

Everyone knows bears are fearless, intensely ravenous, and will viciously attack anything that moves until it is dead.

Or not.

Only one person in this thread has posted the correct way to handle this situation. The rest of you must be purebred city folks. ;)

Haha what kind of gun would the guy be conceal carrying that would do damage to a bear?

Unless he's carrying a S&W 500 or a 10mm he would just piss the bear off. Even with a S&W 500 he's going to have to empty it in to the bear for any hope of survival.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/arti...h-black-bear-in-Oregon-1276350.php?source=rss

From the article:

He approached the bear, put the gun behind its ear and fired again

You're a fuckin monster if you APPROACH a bear.

If He shot the bear he would be in trouble at the very leased he would have his gun taken away for a long ass time while they filled out all the reports and what not. His life was not in danger, well not until the jack ass ran away. bears are normally not violent unless provoked, or if they have cubs. So discharging a weapon in an urban environment at an animal that posed little to not threat to you is a bad idea. Also playing dead only works with Grizzly bears for some reason not black bears, If you piss off a black bear and play dead it will still eat you.

Screw shooting it for safety or defense, shoot it for food. It is a trespasser in his yard and times are rough...that bear can feed a family for a loooong time.

Wow, I was surprised the bear didn't run him down, the bear's instinct would have been to run after prey, he must have been pretty spooked with all the commotion going on. that guy was lucky on a few levels. Having lived in Alaska for 20 years, I know better to run when encountering a bear. I am thinking since it was a black bear and not a grizz (brown bear), the bear did not chase. If that was a mamma brown bear with cubs near by, that guy would have been lunch before the helicopter landed. I have encountered many black bear, and a few "brownies", but nothing scares me more than when I see cubs wandering around when I am in the woods, especially if they are brown bear cubs, and even more so when I have a vest loaded with a daily limit of "Reds".

Heh - guy freaks out and runs, and the bear just slowly, a minute later emerges from behind the tree just about as slow as a bear can walk and still be considered moving.

It was just a black bear. They ain't near as ornery as the brown and white ones.

Back