Tetris Effect Is Coming to PC

cageymaru

Fully [H]
The Tetris Effect is coming to PC on July 23, 2019. The Epic Games Store exclusive will have VR support for the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. There is a 20% discount that will lower the price from $39.99 to $31.99. The discount offer ends on August 6th.

Bright, flashing colors in VR. Looks like a quick way to a seizure. I never saw the appeal to this since it first came to PS4, personally. Tetris 99 looks to be more fun. Too bad it's a Switch exclusive.

Hell yes. I saw this on SGDQ and instantly fell in love. After looking it up I was sad to see it was PS4 only. I was hoping a PC release would come but I wasn't expecting it so soon.

Also Tetris 99 is 100% an online only game at the moment, so it won't work with emulation. It is, however, fun as hell.

I've been wanting Tetris Effect since it was announced, I absolutely love everything https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Mizuguchi makes, and even with this being an epic exclusive i'll absolutely be picking it up. I can't wait to play it finally.

Tetris Effect requires Steam to run.
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/desp...tetris-effect-requires-steam-in-order-to-run/

Earlier today, Enhance released Tetris Effect exclusively on the Epic Games Store. However, and due to SteamVR that the game uses, Tetris Effect requires Steam in order to launch.

Basically, a game that is exclusive on one store requires the client of another store for which it’s not available for purchase, otherwise it cannot run.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/desp...tetris-effect-requires-steam-in-order-to-run/

Earlier today, Enhance released Tetris Effect exclusively on the Epic Games Store. However, and due to SteamVR that the game uses, Tetris Effect requires Steam in order to launch.

Basically, a game that is exclusive on one store requires the client of another store for which it’s not available for purchase, otherwise it cannot run.
point_and_laugh-DMID1-5cv4ih16c-480x256.gif

That's whacked. LOL

It's awesome. Bunch of different game modes that are really cool to mess around with. The music integration is fantastic, too. Just make sure to have some visine to help your eyes

You would think that the devs would have removed the Steam requirement before releasing it. Or that perhaps Epic would have told them to make sure it was when they purchased exclusively. Either way, the VR version of this game seems incredible.

You would think that the devs would have removed the Steam requirement before releasing it. Or that perhaps Epic would have told them to make sure it was when they purchased exclusively. Either way, the VR version of this game seems incredible.

i dunno, i don't see why they should force them to drop steamVR.. when you know a company does something better than you do, use it.. at the end of the day EGS is getting the money and steam isn't... plus if you're using PC based VR at all then you have steamVR installed.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
i dunno, i don't see why they should force them to drop steamVR.. when you know a company does something better than you do, use it.. at the end of the day EGS is getting the money and steam isn't... plus if you're using PC based VR at all then you have steamVR installed.

Is Steamworks drm (do they even call it Steamworks anymore?)required for all SteamVR games?

Game runs smoothly, beautifully and hypnotically well at 4k60 at everything maxed with my system. Spent a few hours zoned into it last night.

Having trouble getting it to read a controller or stream via steamlink. Just flat out crashes out to windows.

I know everyone is trying really, really hard to hate EGS. So much so that they're willing to fabricate false situations to spread hate, but this falls somewhere between bullshit clickbait and a flat out lie.

Tetris Effect without VR does not require Steam.

Teris Effect in VR with Oculus hardware does not require Steam.

The ONLY situation in which Tetris Effect requires Steam is when using a Steam VR headset (Vive or Index). It's not the game that requires Steam, if the headset that requires Steam. Just like it does for every other piece of VR software, regardless of origin. In fact, Steam doesn't need to run at all, just SteamVR (which can be run sans Steam)s Steam. So really everyone is making a big deal because a given HMD requires it's own software/drivers run.. who'd have fucking thought?! This is like getting a free game from an AMD promotion and then being surprised that you still need Nvidia drivers installed for your Nvidia GPU to play the game you got from AMD.

We don't see headlines like "TROLOLOL EGS GAME NEEDS OCULUS TO RUN" (even though it does, on Oculus hardware) because that is stupid and we all are smart enough to know that it makes sense that you'd need your HMD's software installed to use it. But once Steam gets involved, people suddenly seem OK with setting reason and logic aside so that they can jump on the hate train. It's annoyingly childish.

Last edited:
I know everyone is trying really, really hard to hate EGS. So much so that they're willing to fabricate false situations to spread hate, but this falls somewhere between bullshit clickbait and a flat out lie.

Honestly, I don't need to make anything up. It's very easy to just let Epic supply all the hate themselves.

No, it really isn't. Nothing much to hate but for child fangirls...

Aside from the growing list of things Epic constantly fucks up on regarding the store and how bad the store itself still is several months after launch. The EGS hate can be overblown, but stop pretending they're perfect.

How about you guys take that conversation over to the Epic Games Store thread that is going strong and like 2 links down from this one on the main page...

Picked this game up yesterday and it's pretty cool. The visuals and sounds are pretty wild, and it's cool how they change the actual tetris pieces for each level too, so your brain can sometimes take a moment when the ice blocks you've been starting at for 5 minutes suddenly turn to cogs or lava or whatever. Only thing that is slightly annoying is that you can't skip the credits after completing the journey.

How about you guys take that conversation over to the Epic Games Store thread that is going strong and like 2 links down from this one on the main page...

Picked this game up yesterday and it's pretty cool. The visuals and sounds are pretty wild, and it's cool how they change the actual tetris pieces for each level too, so your brain can sometimes take a moment when the ice blocks you've been starting at for 5 minutes suddenly turn to cogs or lava or whatever. Only thing that is slightly annoying is that you can't skip the credits after completing the journey.

I've been really tempted to dig my Rift out of storage, rearrange my living room to see if I can make enough room to use it and pick this up. I'm not a huge Tetris fan but the VR experience here looks so good.

Back