testing hardware program

Desolate

Limp Gawd
is there any program that can test my hardware to make sure they are still working the way they were when i first got them?

Depends on what you want to test...

Usually you shouldn't need to test anything unless you're actually having problems such as data corruption, crashes, ect.

RAM can be tested with software such as Memtest86

If you check the manufacturer's site of your Hard Drive they usually have tools to diagnose and test your Hard Drive.

There are also other programs to test other peices of hardware, most are for benchmarking uses. Again, I don't really see a need to test anything else unless you are specifically having a problem.

If you are having a problem, please post what it is! :) Hope this helps

Desolate said:
well i had my puter zapped with static more then 10 times and it restarted everytime i have a whole thread about this here http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=899862&page=5&pp=20
and i want to see if any of my hardware has gotten messed up so far i think my soundcard died.

I just realized it was you from that post. wasn't paying attention :p

Well, I would start by definitely running error checking on all of your drives to check for corruption from constant rebooting.

Secondly, if your worried about your RAM, use the program that I mentioned in my previous post.

Another good test is Prime95 "In addition, Prime95 can be used to stress test the CPU, memory, caches, CPU cooling, and case cooling. The torture test runs continuously, comparing your computer's results to results that are known to be correct. Any mismatch and you've got a problem!"

To test your graphics card, you could run a in-game demo and let it run all night or something.

I would just do a lot of stress tests that are intense and take a lot of time to complete. Let stuff run over night, and if you wake up and it's still running fine, then chances are your hardware is just fine.
I

Desolate said:
how do i do an error check?

Open My Computer
Right click on one of your drives you wish to check
Click Properties
Click the Tools tab
Click Check Now

Back