Tested: Google Search Gets B+, Siri Gets a D

HardOCP News

[H] News
Q.) Siri, can you tell me how to get better test results?
A.) Yes, use Google Search.

So when he wanted to know how Siri stacked up against a Google search, he (or his staff) asked an iPhone 1,600 questions, 800 on the busy streets of Minneapolis, 800 in a quiet room. Currently Siri gets 60% of its answers from Google, 20% from Yelp, 14% from WolframAlpha, 4% from Yahoo and 2% from Wikipedia.

It's funny it depends completely on Google for directions and heavily on Google for a lot of other searches. LOL@Elvis!

The sad thing is everyone keeps calling it an apples to oranges comparison since siri is voice, google was text just to justify it... but with jelly bean, google is also voice and doing the same searches.

Errr........ IDK who is smoking what but android has had voice actions for awhile so why didn't they compare the two? Only difference is android doesn't talk back.

In response to previous reply, they seemed to have chosen not to compare the two which would be about as close to apples to apples as you can get.

I've been using google voice for ages, and 90% of the time it gets it right, even on my Droid 2 Globals terrible microphone.

It's not so much Siri not understanding the question as it just simply not knowing how to answer, though.

(If you actually read the article, that is)

It's not so much Siri not understanding the question as it just simply not knowing how to answer, though.

(If you actually read the article, that is)

Not only that, but with the "Where am I? Pin dropped in the wrong place." question/answer. That's GPS' fault for being inaccurate due to any number of reasons... not Siri's. I could see Jelly bean being just as wrong... i know the GPS in my Droid Bionic isn't 100% right when trying to "locate" myself in Maps. Same issue.

Not only that, but with the "Where am I? Pin dropped in the wrong place." question/answer. That's GPS' fault for being inaccurate due to any number of reasons... not Siri's. I could see Jelly bean being just as wrong... i know the GPS in my Droid Bionic isn't 100% right when trying to "locate" myself in Maps. Same issue.

You would have to test siri against s-voice for that comparison honestly. Those are the only two integrated systems (phone specific) that I can think of. I can see what you are saying though, not being siri's fault, but the phone itself.

Back