test drive unlimited good?

Firebomb

[H]ard|Gawd
Well lets start with this. this is I didnt buy this game, its good to have friends like I do he bought it and was never a fan of the game stores return money cuz they rip you so he said he didnt like it and threw it at me lol so in return I got a free game.

what I want to know is I never played a TD game before this is suppose to have a lot of stuff but all I really see if you drive around do you really play with other people cuz I dont see many humans around..

is it worth keeping or would you trade it or somthing considering I got nothing invested in it?

p.s he liked saints row but beat it and he wouldnt give it to me for free but he did sell it for 15.00 got to love friends with lots of money and no bills. living with parents FTW. "wish I still did"

it's one i would have never bought after playing the demo

Gamestop/EBGames is only likely to give you $10 credit for it

it's already openend, so play it a bit then do what you want

As mentioned, play the game more and see if you like it. Personally, after playing the demo I wouldn't spend any money on it. It was fun for a short while but started to get boring pretty fast.

I would see if you could trade it to another friend if you decide you don't like it. Another option would be to sell it on ebay. Or, you could even try trading it on here for something else.

I just bought this game a couple of days ago. Overall i think its pretty good, but i like any car racing games.

Online setup is a little strange. They should have a party system. That would have helped a ton. Lots of popups and texture pop ins. The loading system is screwy. The GPS system needs work. Frame rate issues.

If they had another two months to work on this game and with the right direction, this game could have been great. Now it amounts to an unpolished better than average game.

yeah I am starting to get into but. I downloaded from marketplace 2 free cars.. but when i go to the store there is still a price tag on them how are they free?

and also how can you tell if you are going into a area that is new to you. when i goto the map I dont see any black area like the manual talks about.

I quite like Testdrive Unlimited as the 'freedom' in the game does appeal to me (when compared to other racing games). In addition to this the selection of cars is fairly large and will be updated in the near future.

Firebomb said:
yeah I am starting to get into but. I downloaded from marketplace 2 free cars.. but when i go to the store there is still a price tag on them how are they free?

and also how can you tell if you are going into a area that is new to you. when i goto the map I dont see any black area like the manual talks about.

The 2 cars are 'free' to download but you still have to buy them in the game itself.

I'm not really too sure about the 'black area' your referring to, however whenever you drive along new areas the road shown on the satillite view turns from shaded gray to blue.

it only kept my attention for about an hour. framerate issues galore, the gPS totally sucks, and to put it simply, it just got boring super quick. im glad i just borrowed it from a friend and didnt buy it.

I like most racing games, TDU is no different.

i personnaly have a blast just driving arround the island with my friends in a locked group. I have alot of fun, we all get the same car and just cruise about.

im really working hard on finishing the races and the computer does cheat really bad at times. last night i was doing a race that had the style bar thing that goes down when you go off the road. i was doing good untill i messed up and lost halfof my bar. on the last lap right before i won, the computer pushed me off of the road into a light pole, and i lost my points.

i havent thrown my controller in about 15 years, untill last night. that move was so cheap!

Apparently you need a XBL gold account to make use of its main online features and see other people.

dawtips said:
Apparently you need a XBL gold account to make use of its main online features and see other people.

In europe you can still drive and speak to people on a silver account.

It may be different in the US though because we paid full price for it.

I am really into it but there is 2 things I dont understnad yet..
1. on the miles you have driven how can you tell how many alltogether you have or do you add up all the miles on each of your cars?

2. do you have to get aproved for the a,b,c etc... groups of cars.

Back