Tesla Will Cut Prices to Combat Tax Credit Phase Out

F&F created a bad stereotype that people to this day seem to echo. Except the street scene is more serious. The meets I go to have guys with Civics pumping out up to 400 HP to the wheels and they will smoke Teslas from a dig, not just a roll. And these are streetable sleepers, not purpose built dragsters.

A 400hp civic is not gonna beat an S...... I'm guessing they are running over 2 bar of boost to hit that kind of power on those small engines (even with a 2.2 swap), which will require a BIG turbo and probably won't fully spool until over 4k rpm....... The tesla has full power immediately and will be long gone before the civic gets into it's power range. ICE cars just can't compete with the instant torque of the electric cars. Same reason the hellcat/demon are listed as the fastest production cars available, with an aster-ix saying 'excluding electric vehicles', and that thing has 850hp......

Hell the ludicrous S needs to race super sport bikes for a challenge. A modded civic isn't gonna stand a chance.

Uh it's a fully refundable 1k deposit that you can cancel at any time...... And I have no idea why this guy would be waiting for 2 months when they were selling/delivering to anyone that wanted one before the year end to make sure they got the tax credit, and had ~3k still ready to deliver that weren't sold. Sounds like more BS from someone who doesn't like tesla.....

And how much of that subaru purchase went to the mandatory middleman (dealer), instead of selling directly to you the consumer like tesla does? And you're still stuck with the subaru stale platform..... Hopefully your stock engine doesn't burn through the ringlands on #4 like my forester did, requiring a $4k engine replacement.... But please, go on about how much better it was to buy......

whatever it was, it was worth it as I had the car within a very short amount of time and I got to physically inspect it BEFORE I put money down and drove it home the same day....and best part is, I do not have to worry about drive unit failure....and unlike Tesla, I can take my car anywhere in the immediate area to a Subaru dealer and get the stuff fixed if needed.

edit: replace Subaru with any other normal manufacturer of cars and you get the idea.... BTW dealers do not make their bread and butter off of new car sales, it is the service department and used car sales.

Last edited:
whatever it was, it was worth it as I had the car within a very short amount of time and I got to physically inspect it BEFORE I put money down and drove it home the same day....and best part is, I do not have to worry about drive unit failure....and unlike Tesla, I can take my car anywhere in the immediate area to a Subaru dealer and get the stuff fixed if needed.

edit: replace Subaru with any other normal manufacturer of cars and you get the idea.... BTW dealers do not make their bread and butter off of new car sales, it is the service department and used car sales.

Ah yes, the fun of going to the dealership and haggling for the price as they try and gouge/upsell you..... Or you agree on the price and they come back with the final papers and have changed it..... Dealerships are the absolute worst, and I would much rather purchase the car directly, for an exact known price upfront. And yes, they may not make their bread and butter off the sale, but you will still be paying some of the cost to the dealership for the 'convenience' of being forced to buy through them (Go corporate lobbying!!!)

And like I said in my previous post, you're kidding yourself if you think you're better off because you won't have 'drive unit failure'..... The boxer engine in the subarus has KNOWN issues, that have not been resolved in the past decade. I know as I experienced it first hand on a completely stock forester.

Ah yes, the fun of going to the dealership and haggling for the price as they try and gouge/upsell you..... Or you agree on the price and they come back with the final papers and have changed it..... Dealerships are the absolute worst, and I would much rather purchase the car directly, for an exact known price upfront. And yes, they may not make their bread and butter off the sale, but you will still be paying some of the cost to the dealership for the 'convenience' of being forced to buy through them (Go corporate lobbying!!!)

And like I said in my previous post, you're kidding yourself if you think you're better off because you won't have 'drive unit failure'..... The boxer engine in the subarus has KNOWN issues, that have not been resolved in the past decade. I know as I experienced it first hand on a completely stock forester.

Ok I am done, I have never heard of someone going into the local dealer, buying a new/used car that is on the lot (unless it is pre order time for new model year) and having to wait 2+ months for a car. it's fine if you want to worship at the altar of Tesla motors but how do you justify a 2 month wait on a used car?

Car salesmen are easy and predictable if you are willing to stand your ground. as the buyer, I can walk away anytime I feel terms are not right. easy peasy

Fact of the matter is Tesla needs to step up their game...and yes 1 man waiting for his used car for over 2 months is one too many.

lemme get this straight, you are hoping a guy whom bought a tesla gets screwed over because you do not like him on YT?

I would suggest that having that POV is not a good one....

the absolute best part is it is on YT for all to see how Tesla treats people that put down their hard earned cash for one of their products..

Subaru = 2 hours and you are done

Tesla = 2 months and counting for said car.

The guy creates problems for the sake of views, he will never admit it though. If there is something he can do to make the situation worse he would do it lol.

He knows Tesla hate gets him ad revenue so hes always looking for it. Case point when he pulled 2 batteries from a Tesla and started a fire by bypassing safety systems and incorrectly charging the batteries. Then he has the nerve to call it a Tesla battery fire like they were involved.

I hope he gets his EV shop and burns it to the ground. Someone who dismantles Tesla’s with a kitchen knife has no business being near them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I am done, I have never heard of someone going into the local dealer, buying a new/used car that is on the lot (unless it is pre order time for new model year) and having to wait 2+ months for a car. it's fine if you want to worship at the altar of Tesla motors but how do you justify a 2 month wait on a used car?

Car salesmen are easy and predictable if you are willing to stand your ground. as the buyer, I can walk away anytime I feel terms are not right. easy peasy

Fact of the matter is Tesla needs to step up their game...and yes 1 man waiting for his used car for over 2 months is one too many.

Huh? Now you're talking about used? The model 3 had like a 2 year waiting line when they opened up pre-order. Sorry but if the guy got in that line and is now bitching about the wait, who gives a shit? Same thing applies to all manufacturers. I have an RS, and people preordered that and waited 18 months to get it...... I went in 6 months after release and picked one up off the lot, but it took a bunch of haggling with the asshole salesman. And that's after we already agreed on a price before I came in. So no, going to a dealer is not an easy or fun process when you compare to tesla, where you build the car with the specs you want and know the exact price for each option and don't give a shitty dealer a dime.

And it looks like you're basing all of your opinion on one guys most likely BS YT vid about how he had to wait 2 months..... That's just dumb, and I could find similar stupid examples like that for pretty much any car manufacturer. Enjoy the subaru. Hopefully you have better luck than I did. They are no longer on my list of car brands worth buying, and that's based on actual experience, not some rando's YT vid.

The guy creates problems for the sake of views, he will never admit it though. If there is something he can do to make the situation worse he would do it lol.

He knows Tesla hate gets him ad revenue so hes always looking for it. Case point when he pulled 2 batteries from a Tesla and started a fire by bypassing safety systems and incorrectly charging the batteries. Then he has the nerve to call it a Tesla battery fire like they were involved.

I hope he gets his EV shop and burns it to the ground. Someone who dismantles Tesla’s with a kitchen knife has no business being near them.
Irrelevant, he is a paying customer and has no car, again, might want to rethink your position....

Irrelevant, he is a paying customer and has no car, again, might want to rethink your position....

And based on this 1 story from 1 known troll, it's obvious that tesla is the only car manufacturer that has ever done this, and must be doing it to everyone right? Seriously, you gotta calm down that telsa hate hardon you have......... This is not a unique problem to them that no other manufacturers have faced, and also not wide scale since you just keep refering to 1 example that you're basing everything on. And ignoring any other counterpoints and going back to omg he gave them monees and has no car, tesla is teh suk.....

And based on this 1 story from 1 known troll, it's obvious that tesla is the only car manufacturer that has ever done this, and must be doing it to everyone right? Seriously, you gotta calm down that telsa hate hardon you have......... This is not a unique problem to them that no other manufacturers have faced, and also not wide scale since you just keep refering to 1 example that you're basing everything on. And ignoring any other counterpoints and going back to omg he gave them monees and has no car, tesla is teh suk.....

We're done here, regardless of YT status or what you personally believe, a paying customer should not be denied delivery of a car that was promised ready multiple times.

We're done here, regardless of YT status or what you personally believe, a paying customer should not be denied delivery of a car that was promised ready multiple times.

I never said that. I'm saying this isn't a problem isolated to tesla..... jfc just because you had a perfect experience buying your forester doesn't mean everyone else will, or that no other car manufacturers have the same issue delivering, especially with new models of cars. I already gave an example previously that you jumped right the f over and ignored. So agreed, we're done since my points obviously aren't being digested..............

Back