Tesla Raises Prices to Keep More Retail Stores Open

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Tesla has announced that is going to raise prices 3% to keep more of its retail locations open. Some stores in high visibility locations will be reopened. These stores will have fewer employees, but test drives will be available. Some stores are under review and a decision will be made over the coming months to close or keep them open. As a result of keeping significantly more stores open, Tesla will need to raise vehicle prices by about 3% on average worldwide.

Potential Tesla owners will have a week to place their order before prices rise, so current prices are valid until March 18th. There will be no price increase to the $35,000 Model 3. The price increases will only apply to the more expensive variants of Model 3, as well as Model S and X. To be clear, all sales worldwide will still be done online, in that potential Tesla owners coming in to stores will simply be shown how to order a Tesla on their phone in a few minutes. Stores will also carry a small number of cars in inventory for customers who wish to drive away with a Tesla immediately.

Order a Tesla or pizza delivery on my phone... with the new pre-approved summon app... I can have both.

3% keeps with inflation so that is not unreasonable, closing under preforming stores isn't a bad thing either. I mean I can't afford one regardless and geographically I am more inclided towards the ranged extended Toyota than a pure electric. I mean there is 1 L2 charger where I live and more times than not somebody is plugged into it.

Of all the things in a mall, I highly welcome a Tesla store instead of yet another clothing/jewellery store.

3%? Is this really article worthy news? I see prices on groceries rise and drop more than that on a weekly basis.

What is more newsworthy than the 3% is apparently the stores they are keeping open that they had previously announced they were closing is only because they couldn't get out of their Leases at those locations and they are completely removing commission from their sales staff. Which I guess sucks for them but its good for everybody else. I think sales commissions are things that need to die anyways. Most sales staff are complaining that loosing it cuts their pay by at least half.

Of all the things in a mall, I highly welcome a Tesla store instead of yet another clothing/jewellery store.

They need to get rid of the Victoria Secret stores. Seriously. It's great seeing half-naked women on huge screens on the run way in the window, but their clientele fall far from that tree.

How about musk takes a 5% paycut instead.

Elon Musk's annual salary is $37,000, the lowest amount he can legally be paid. And he doesn't cash the checks. He's only going to get paid in company stock and only if Tesla achieves some very lofty valuation increase: "He would only be paid if Tesla reaches a set of aggressive milestones that will eventually grow the company’s valuation to more than $650 billion. Tesla is currently valued at around $59 billion. While the plan would allow for Musk to earn billions more, if he doesn’t reach the milestones, he would get nothing."

3%? Is this really article worthy news? I see prices on groceries rise and drop more than that on a weekly basis.
Didn't they cut prices by 6% two weeks ago, and announce they were closing all of their retail locations?

So it's newsworthy in the sense that it appears that Tesla's leadership is being a bit erratic, or that they've made some changes to their business model that they are now walking back for some reason - perhaps they didn't do enough analysis before making their initial changes?

They need to get rid of the Victoria Secret stores. Seriously. It's great seeing half-naked women on huge screens on the run way in the window, but their clientele fall far from that tree.

Trying to pick up a date by lurking in front of a VS?

Tesla in addition to that needs to fix their Q&A issues. that would go a long way towards helping them.

Elon Musk's annual salary is $37,000, the lowest amount he can legally be paid. And he doesn't cash the checks. He's only going to get paid in company stock and only if Tesla achieves some very lofty valuation increase: "He would only be paid if Tesla reaches a set of aggressive milestones that will eventually grow the company’s valuation to more than $650 billion. Tesla is currently valued at around $59 billion. While the plan would allow for Musk to earn billions more, if he doesn’t reach the milestones, he would get nothing."

alwaus lvoe it when ppl talking shit about something they made up in hter head. Getting schooled with proper argument,understanding and reffernce the third party evidence

alwaus lvoe it when ppl talking shit about something they made up in hter head. Getting schooled with proper argument,understanding and reffernce the third party evidence

Always love it when someone posts a barely comprehensible statement attacking someone else's post and mentions 'getting schooled'.

I'd rather look at VS than Tesla snobs. Thank you very much!

My name isn't captain Ahab.

“Some of the subtlest secrets of the seas seemed divulged to us in this enchanted pond. We saw young Leviathan amours in the deep. And thus, though surrounded by circle upon circle of consternations and affrights, did these inscrutable creatures [mother whales and their babies] at the centre freely and fearlessly indulge in all peaceful concernments; yea, serenely reveled in dalliance and delight. But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy” Moby Dick.

Watch out for the white whale...

Back