Tesla Pursuing Music Streaming Service

monkeymagick

[H]News
Apparently, Tesla, the automaker, is in talks to expand its business into a music streaming service according to Recode. Sources from inside the music industry are saying the company have talked to the major label about licensing. Tesla is planning to pursue bundled services offering multi-tiered packages for each car sold. As for competition between the top 2 leading companies, Apple and Spotify; each have 27 million and 57 million, respectively. I say "the more competition, the better" or did I hear that from someone else.

"We believe it's important to have an exceptional in-car experience so our customers can listen to the music they want from whatever source they choose," a Tesla spokesperson said. "Our goal is to simply achieve maximum happiness for our customers."

As long as that quote means I can plug in a USB stick full of MP3s and it'll play them, I don't give a shit about whatever music service comes bundled with my Model 3.

I have an android tablet mounted to the dash of my car so I understand how nice it is to have so many options in content for music/GPS. Driving every day with waze + spotify is truly a treat. The Tesla has that gorgeous touchscreen that appears to be mostly useless and just looks nice when blown up full screen. I know it serves as the interface for the car but when you're driving how often are you really adjusting the temp or any of the other misc buttons on your dash? I think Tesla just wants to do something more productive here and a proper integrated music interface would look great. Every time I take my car in to the shop the mechanics ask about my tablet setup to replicate for family and friends. I wonder what Spotify charges for OEM integration and if it was just some absurd number that Tesla told them to piss off.

Back