Tesla Owner too Stupid to Buy New Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I'm a different type of advocate for renewables, because the whole green thing is tainted and completely out of hand... Politicians are using it as a power play, as people trying to take advantage of the situation usually do...

My half-assed argument:
- Fossil fuels eventually run out. Enjoy them while we can, use them to transition (a stepping stone as intended/necessary)...

Empty.jpg

Build the fucking future before some other country does it... USA!, USA!, USA!
There are an embarrassing amount of people in America that do not think fossil fuels will ever run out. This also applies to a surprising number in congress.

There are an embarrassing amount of people in America that do not think fossil fuels will ever run out. This also applies to a surprising number in congress.

Si. :(

The problem:
They're only interested in profits. Not prosperity.

Profits can come as a byproduct of prosperity, but prosperity doesn't come from profits, so many people also don't understand this idea... Money is like a ruler, it measures wealth, dollars can be analogous to inches... It isn't wealth.

Edit: No place else to post this...

Last edited:
This is why I'm a different type of advocate for renewables, because the whole green thing is tainted and completely out of hand... Politicians are using it as a power play, as people trying to take advantage of the situation usually do...

My half-assed argument:
- Fossil fuels eventually run out. Enjoy them while we can, use them to transition (a stepping stone as intended/necessary)...

Empty.jpg

Build the fucking future before some other country does it... USA!, USA!, USA!

I mostly agree with this.

The Chinese already fucked us over when it comes to solar panels, by subsidizing their own companies to the point where they drove ours out of business (and then conveniently dropped most of the subsidies). I would prefer it if this doesn't also happen with cars.

Whether you like it or not, things like solar energy production and battery electric vehicles are going to be a large part of the future and if we don't get on board, China and other countries are going to eat our lunch.

Coal, steel, a lot of oil and gas and simple manufacturing jobs are gone and in most cases they simply are not coming back. We do have a chance to become a player in these new industries and put people to work doing so, but not if we let China walk all over us with their illegal dumping tactics, without doing anything to counter them.

It's changing though. Even the shareholders of Exxon Mobil recently had a revolt demanding to see the companies plans for a lower oil future.

There is also an embarrassing amount of people in America who believe that we are in imminent danger of running out of oil despite evidence to the contrary...

This is what happens when a country embraces the utterly skilless, talentless, clueless, the vacuous and the obnoxious, while deriding and demonizing specialized & extensive training, education, and experience.

I guess I'll have to accept that answer. I consider driving fast, doing 80-90 on the interstate. Not peeling the tires every time I take off. Stills seems like a lot of peeling to wear them bald in 8 months. Guess I'm just a Miss Daisy driver, I couldn't imagine having slicks after 8 months.

I've noticed a lot of clueless people that literally just stomp on the gas every time they leave an intersection. People in automatics who are clearly not car people just by looking at them.

I've always driven stick and had "sporty" cars, audi, VW, saab, a s2000 for a while.. Nothing fast but quick enough, and being a safe but spirited driver I've seen plenty of soccor moms in mini vans take off the line and at a light and fly past me.... Even when I get going pretty fast for normal drivers if no one is in front of me.

The only explanation is they were literally just smashing the gas to the floor. Some clueless people do this all the time in their automatic of course... Anytime they go they just smash it to the floor.

I've noticed a lot of clueless people that literally just stomp on the gas every time they leave an intersection. People in automatics who are clearly not car people just by looking at them.

I've always driven stick and had "sporty" cars, audi, VW, saab, a s2000 for a while.. Nothing fast but quick enough, and being a safe but spirited driver I've seen plenty of soccor moms in mini vans take off the line and at a light and fly past me.... Even when I get going pretty fast for normal drivers if no one is in front of me.

The only explanation is they were literally just smashing the gas to the floor. Some clueless people do this all the time in their automatic of course... Anytime they go they just smash it to the floor.

...after all, what's the point of having horsepower if you are not going to use it? :p

More seriously though, I have noticed that one of the unintended benefits of AWD is that my tires last much longer.

Four years in my S80 T6 AWD, and I only just swapped my summers for the first time earlier this year.

On my old cars it was new tires every other year.

Then again maybe I've just gotten old and drive my Volvo like a, well, Volvo.

This has got to be a troll. What's the "law" when you can't tell if trolling, again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back