Tesla Owner too Stupid to Buy New Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guys whole attitude is.......Well. Questionable.

Ill never understand people who think like this....disconnected from reality or whatever their problem is.

I didn't click the video. Just came here to read the responses. :D

Any relation?

upload_2017-7-10_22-23-29.png

Hes overblowing the sensor situation. I seriously call into question his "safe driving" practices to lower the wear on his tires and his occasional tendency to lead foot it. I know quite a few people with the S model (more than 8months owners) and they never had this issue. There IS an issue with the sensor where it reacts too slowly though it isn't this drastic and the idiot probably turned off the handling feature.

The rest of what hes talking about is purely made up. I wish I didn't watch the video, does it count as a view if we watch the embedded link on [H]'s page?

So traction sensors weren't working right ate up the tires, replaced them, took a couple months until the recall could be properly fixed, refuses to replace the tires now? He could have at least made an argument if he tried to make Tesla replace the tires at not cost to him because of faulty equipment but really...
I knew that fag was from Utah just by his stupid haircut.
Pretty sure that haircut was the 90's

I thought on Teslas you could adjust the car so it "idles" when you lift off the brake. If you can't control the accelerator, let the car slowly speed up before putting it down.

... and rotate your tires.

Well yea, but his point disregards the fact that he's the one that's been laying rubber down and to him it has nothing to do with loss of traction. It's the car, not him. That's what makes him a snowflake. Also, if you want to get down to it, for him to realize that there was no traction in the snow, he had to ignore that fact before leaving the house which would mean the tool had already put his family in danger in the first place. This reminds me of the time when I was 16 and hanging with friends at the beach. My friends venerable mustard yellow Corolla's clutch cable had snapped and we were stranded. He called his dad who came out and swapped cars with us. While we road home in automatic tranny comfort, his dad drove the legendary mustard Corolla home clutchless. That's what Dads are supposed to do. Dad's are supposed to fix shit, not create it then pass the blame elsewhere.

heh, power shifting the hell out of that Corolla? :)

next video: BOUGHT A HELLCAT: I'M RETURNING IT! Every time I turn off traction control, the car is all over the road!

1.) I was at work and watching it with no sound wouldn't do much good would it?

2.) I could see how it was going to go ftom the start, because... I guess I'm just that perceptive.

3.) What do funny comments on an internet forum dedicated to computer hardware have to do with violence.

4.) Look at the guy.

5.) I see I wasn't too far off the mark interpolating the outcome from the comments and thread title/blurb.

So... I was spot on, and entertained just like I thought I'd be coming into this. And you are... what? Bitter or something?

heh, power shifting the hell out of that Corolla? :)

I think it was just old and being near the ocean. But considering the 1.2l engine or whatever lump was in that mid 70's Corolla, yea no matter what you do its still painfully slow. But my friend was the first to get wheels so he drove that thing everywhere.

I'm curious how many miles is he driving in 8 months or is he just burning rubber everytime he takes off. The difference between front and back is pretty extreme for only 8 month old tires.

I went through some tires one summer when i had my 99 Dodge Ram. They were some type of BF Goodrich summer truck tires. I wasted them in 13k miles, but I burned them up by hammering the throttle and doing burn outs. It was 100% my fault, and I never blamed the truck was unsafe. This guy probably did the exact same thing but won't take responsibility.

next video: BOUGHT A HELLCAT: I'M RETURNING IT! Every time I turn off traction control, the car is all over the road!

Nah, he wouldn't know *how* to turn off Traction Control. Heck, he most probably doesn't know what Traction Control *is*.

IMHO, he'd drive it around for several months and complain about the extreme rear tire wear and then disparage all auto makers for designing such "dangerous" cars, plus the fact that "no cats" came with the car, let alone a "hell cat". ;-)

He's doing it for clicks. Dude just bought a new Model X (notice he also says on twitter they've gone through 3 sets of tires in 2 years with the Model S...so he clearly knows to change tires). My guess is he roasted the tires knowing he was getting rid of the car. Hell, I do so whenever I'm about to get a new set of tires :D

Also, I have a car with soft "high performance" tires...they last 8-10k miles max. So it's not really that unusual to burn through tires that quickly on a car with that much torque.

Last edited:
This guy is just a big kid and wants people to watch his videos. Come on, his youtube channels first video is him and his family jumping off the roof onto a trampoline full of giant teddy bears. He's just trying to come up with a reason to switch it up to a Model X.

I must admit I never rotate tires. But then I drive a light front wheel drive city car and only do 4-5 thousand miles a year. Takes so long for the fronts to wear down it's not worth rotating them. I just swap the lot after 5-6 years use. About £90 a corner for low noise tires. Yes I buy low noise.

However, I do at least check my tires for damage, wear and air pressure regularly. Along with the oil, water and brake fluid.

An all-battery, 250+ miles per charge, and high torque car for him and his family?

Telsa ain't designed as a family car! What was he thinking in first place?

He should get a BMW X5, cause look what happens to the rear tires over time. BTW, this is a serious design flaw in those cars.

attachment.php

Holy crap guys. How many of you watched the whole video? Other than, yes, he should have been rotating the tires, he has good reasons for wanting to sell the Tesla. Also understand, not everyone is a motorhead. Basic maintenance, blah, blah blah - the fact of the matter is, I'd be willing to bet more drivers DON'T check their tire tread regularly than those who do.

Actually, he doesn't have good reasons for selling the Tesla. The reasons he gives are actually things he would have known had he done his research ahead of time. He listed reasons why he shouldn't have bought a Tesla in the first place.

Some facts from the video:
1. He's not asking Tesla to refund him for the car, nor is he going after them for any wrongdoing.

Did anyone say he was? I didn't see that.

2. He's not blaming Tesla for any of these issues - he states it's just not the right car for his use case.

Again, he shouldn't have bought the car in the first place if range and rear wheel drive were concerns.

3. The tire wear was caused partly by him, which he admitted, but he also said other constructive things that everyone seems to be overlooking: a) he basically said the car had a lot of power, and for him (and likely many others), that's not a good thing - without discipline or practice, it's dangerous (you can't argue against that), and b) Tesla had a known issue with wheel sensors, which I'm reading between the lines was a traction control issue, and that would be more dangerous in conjunction with a). The sensor issue accelerated the wear on the rear tires.

This, is bullshit. I've driven powerful, high torque rear wheel drive vehicles my entire adult life. I've owned tons of trucks, SUV's, muscle cars, etc. and many of them didn't come with traction control. Some of them that did, were less than effective at stopping wheel spin. My 2002 Firehawk, 2005 GTO, 2015 F-150, 2016 F-250, 2016 Mustang GT, 2001 Camaro SS, etc. all make enough torque from the factory to overcome the traction control system. Yet, I can keep from spinning the tires on my own. I've driven these things in snow, on ice, and in the rain. I managed. This guy is an idiot, and not a skilled driver. Period. You do not need traction control to daily drive something like that. Traction control is something you benefit from in adverse weather conditions but people got along for decades without it. This dumbass was also using super soft summer tires that simply won't last long if you don't apply pressure to the accelerator more sparingly.

4. Reasons he didn't like the Tesla: a) rear wheel drive which causes different handling characteristics and increased tire wear in the back (if you don't rotate as was mentioned in this thread),

No. I don't care if it's wrong wheel drive or rear wheel drive. You will get premature tire wear if you don't rotate your tires.

b) preferred longer range,

This is something you would know about 10 seconds into a Google search. It's one thing if you buy a car with a specific set of characteristics in mind based on your lifestyle and then things change, but ultimately he should have known this going in. Its well known that purely electric vehicles have limited range.

c) front fascia could look dated and was hard to remove in one extreme case,

So? If you buy any vehicle, it will look dated in a few short years. This is something people who buy used vehicles are almost guaranteed to face each time they buy a car. The refresh or redesign on vehicles is usually only 3-5 years max. His vehicle is from 2013. What the fuck did he expect? Front fascia removal a chore? You don't say. Unless you have some reason for doing this regularly, he's just whining about a non-issue. Try having to remove one of your front fenders to replace the battery on a Chrysler Seabring. That's a bullshit design.

d) a sensor issue that took 8 months to fix,

He stated that this took four months to get the parts in for. I agree this took too long but again you do not need traction control to prevent tire wear. This is a flimsy excuse.

e) it doesn't fit their family as well as another car could. Ok, fine, you can keep or get rid of something for whatever
reasons you want - what's so unreasonable about these issues?

It doesn't fit his family, I agree. That said, he should have known that ahead of time. I have no sympathy for this guy and his bitching and moaning because these are things he would have learned with a few minutes of research. As for getting rid of something for arbitrary reasons, that's fine.

5. He's not saying to avoid the car. He's just giving his opinion on it. Quote from the last part of the video: "I'm not saying don't get the 2012/2013, I'm just saying have a pause, make sure that it's the right car for you, and you're ready to live with the rear wheel drive and the lower battery range. If you're willing to deal with those things, go ahead and get it." Not everyone would want to drive a super car every day - is that a bad thing?

I don't agree with the guy, but I had no issue with those statements in the video other than, rear wheel drive isn't some awful thing to "live with."

He wanted a Tesla. Most people I know do. He was in a financial position to go get one and try it, so he did. Wish I could say the same. It ended up not being the right fit for him, so he's moving on.

Again, this "fit" would have been easy to determine without ever buying one of those things.

What is everyone so worked up about? Give it a rest. Also, by clicking his video and getting worked up about it, you're only helping him more.

I think the key point you are missing, is that he stated the car is unsafe. The only thing that made that car unsafe was the idiot behind the wheel.

Last edited:
While normally I live by the motto, never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance. Either this guy is seriously ignorant or a genius. His views are skyrocketing and in a world of views matter, I'm sure hes making out like gang busters on ad revenue.

I hate the fact that you are probably right and that this is the kind of world we live in. However, he is one hell of an actor to fake that stupid fucking look on his face while seriously explaining what he is.

Next week, he'll complain for a brief moment about hearing that and encyclopedia had once stopped a bullet and how the publisher of the one he used failed him.

Pleeeeease!!!!!!!:angelic:

When the going got rough, he improvised to protect his family - they pulled off and got a hotel room until the weather got better. Not everyone thinks about everything involved with a car - they just don't. It's probably one of the reasons he was interested in a Tesla in the first place, reduced maintenance. I'm not disagreeing that it was a pretty bad oversight, but I don't get why him taking action and addressing the issue by ditching the car is a bad thing.

At any rate, I'm done. Think what you want.

Jesus... Kyle, can we get a dislike button for comments like this?

I don't get why him taking action and addressing the issue by ditching the car is a bad thing.

If you don't understand BASIC... BASIC... BASIC maintenance of a vehicle then you shouldn't have one. And this guy is an idiot that his complete ignorance put his family at danger let-alone the fact that he is getting rid of an otherwise amazing car because he is too stupid to understand basic concepts of vehicle maintenance. I guess that's what happens when you have more money than the average person huh? Car get a scratch? Get rid of it and buy a new one. Car's tire not holding air pressure? Get rid of the whole fucking car. Folks such as yourself need to stop making excuses for people like this, and "do whatever he wants with his money" is not an excuse for blatant ignorance and/or abject stupidity.

500k views, could be 10 cents a view. He could buy a NICE reconditioned p85 for the money he got from just this video...

is this the same guy 10 years ago?

language nsfw

:D

some people just dont get it.

#1 the guy makes enough money to buy a Tesla used at $60K+ and won't spend 1000$+ on new performance tires that will withstand better wear for that type of car.
#2 He based all of his concerns about the car because he was an uninformed buyer.
#3 He obviously knows nothing abut cars because the tread is not what he was seeing.....he was looking at belts and making everyone who watched the video dumber for doing so....He has more money than brains for sure. Probably sold out to someone who hates Telsa.......probably going to pick up a gas guzzling SUV with a huge V8 in the next video.....
......this guy wreaks of idiocy.

This is what consumerism and new balance shoes does to a man. Probably tried to take it to Jiffy Lube after buying his new propane grill.

How do stupid people afford a Telsa???

Many do. Think about all the rich functionally retarded idiots who buy these things and know nothing about basic mechanical principles.

This is why I foresee tesla having a lot of issues with the model 3 and the volume of green idiots who think the car requires no maintenance and no basic level of care.

I also still don't see how these things are greener compared to a standard car. Those thousands of pounds of batteries won't last forever and have to be replaced with more.

An all-battery, 250+ miles per charge, and high torque car for him and his family?

Telsa ain't designed as a family car! What was he thinking in first place?

Seriously? It's not a coupe or a 2 seat sports car. It's a four door sedan. It's fine for families so long as the driver isn't a retard. High horsepower / torque vehicles are fine for family use. A late model Ford or Dodge heavy duty pickup truck has around 900lbs. ft. of torque and no weight in the back to speak of. This is far beyond the Tesla's P85's specifications. Lots of muscle cars and sedans have 400+ torque and aren't death traps in rain or snow. Are these cars or trucks unsuitable for families? Lots of people use those trucks for work, weekend toys or family transportation.

Many do. Think about all the rich functionally retarded idiots who buy these things and know nothing about basic mechanical principles.

This is why I foresee tesla having a lot of issues with the model 3 and the volume of green idiots who think the car requires no maintenance and no basic level of care.

I also still don't see how these things are greener compared to a standard car. Those thousands of pounds of batteries won't last forever and have to be replaced with more.

They also don't consider the fact that many of the power plants that supply the electricity for charging aren't nuclear, but are coal / fuel powered. More to your point, the materials used in the batteries require mining to gather. Such mining isn't good for the environment in many cases.

They also don't consider the fact that many of the power plants that supply the electricity for charging aren't nuclear, but are coal / fuel powered.

I hear this argument a lot, and while it is factually correct, it is rather misleading.

Even if our power mix were 100% coal, which it isn't, a large scale coal power plant can have over 70% thermal efficiency as compared to an internal combustion engine which tends to top out around 35%, and in most real use cases averages much much lower (12-16%).

There are some transmission and charging losses associated with electric vehicles, but they are much smaller than the difference in thermal efficiency between typical internal combustion and power plant efficiency.

So, even if we were all coal an electric car would be "greener" than an ICE car from a carbon footprint perspective.

And then there's the fact that coal is only about 30% of the power mix, and rapidly dropping (in large part due to how cheap natural gas currently is)

Electricity_Generation_Sources_for_the_United_States.svg.png

Another 34% or so is natural gas, which is much better for the environment than coal, and the rest are mostly carbon neutral sources.

So, the truth is that you are right. There is no such thing as a completely carbon neutral energy source for vehicles, at least not today, but through a combination of higher efficiency, and power mix an electric car is going to have a much, much smaller carbon footprint than a traditional ICE car.

This is why I'm a different type of advocate for renewables, because the whole green thing is tainted and completely out of hand... Politicians are using it as a power play, as people trying to take advantage of the situation usually do...

My half-assed argument:
- Fossil fuels eventually run out. Enjoy them while we can, use them to transition (a stepping stone as intended/necessary)...

Empty.jpg

Build the fucking future before some other country does it... USA!, USA!, USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back