Tesla Fans Gift Elon With a New Sofa

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
A bunch of Tesla fans decided to crowdfund a campaign to buy Elon Musk a new sofa after he said the one he was using wasn't very comfortable. This really started out as a joke, but it ended up raising $8K to buy the billionaire a new sofa. However, once it was all said and done the sofa was donated by Wayfair and Tesla matched the amount raised so that after a Swedish club put $1.5K in the kitty a total of $18K is going to charity. Joke or not this ended up being a great idea.

“Now Tesla, I thought, originally was only gonna donate the cost of the couch. But since Wayfair donated the couch, Tesla is going to be matching the entire donation — the entire thing. So all $8,000, close to $8,000 that we raised, plus the $1,500 from the Tesla Club of Sweden, we collectively are over $18,000 — money raised going to charity from a simple, little joke idea,” Ben said in his video.

Cosidering how much all the cgi costs the jokes on them for buying the couch.

giphy.gif

When this first was said that they were raising the money many people, including myself, thought he would take the money and run.

Glad that he actually did follow through and then took the left over money and did something good with it.

for those who couldn't be bothered to watch the video. Wayfair gave a free couch for this and so 100% of the money collected (with Telsa matching the $8000 raised) was donated to charity

For a guy that literally wants to leave humanity behind and die on mars with a few geniuses, couch's aren't really on his radar. Watch him get the couch and start a couch company to show humanity how awful their 'best' current couch technology is, ala rick and morty:

People love to give billionaires free stuff. I don't get it.

It’s a better cause to donate to, as opposed to less worthy activities, such as buying coats for homeless people, or buying supplies for refugee camps.

It’s a better cause to donate to, as opposed to less worthy activities, such as buying coats for homeless people, or buying supplies for refugee camps.

Did you know that due to the large amount of clothing/shoes charities have given to some poor countries it crashed the local clothes/shoe business and the countrys economy has been worse of due to the charity... Giving money and stuff to the right place is harder than it sounds (just check what some charities actually spend on what they are set up for and not "salaries" and ads...)

This couch thingy was a kind of joke and some (like me) founded a bit amusing

Back