cageymaru

Fully [H]
Tesla has announced that new Model S and X vehicles officially have Steam OS integration. This means that Tesla owners can play thousands of games like Cyberpunk 2077 with fully wireless controller capabilities.

1670986040279.png

Can only open the Arcade when in Park.
Only a matter of time till someone finds a way to bypass it.

Teslas are already bad enough having the HUD in the center of the car, way outside the driver's view of the road, forcing them to look down and away from the road when they want to do some action. I'll keep my analog buttons and rotary dials.

Only a matter of time till someone finds a way to bypass it.

Teslas are already bad enough having the HUD in the center of the car, way outside the driver's view of the road, forcing them to look down and away from the road when they want to do some action. I'll keep my analog buttons and rotary dials.
Or push the button on the steering wheel and say what you want to do. And it works very well. (I actually own a model S and have experience here)

Last edited:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-tesla-model-3-model-y
Quad Core 3.8Ghz Zen+ With RDNA 2
Probably somewhere between a Deck and a PS5 performance wise ? Perhaps.

EDIT:
https://videocardz.com/newz/tesla-c...n-ryzen-embedded-apu-and-discrete-navi-23-gpu
Actually not a APU apparently it has a custom GPU... something like a Radeon Pro W6600.
Might be pretty good performance with SteamOS.

Do you want car or chicken chamber? 🤔

Next-Generation Gaming Consoles
VideoCardzTesla Car ComputerSony PlayStation 5Xbox Series XXbox Series SKFConsole
Picture
Tesla-Car-Computer.png
PlayStation-5-Disc.png
XBOX-Series-X.png
Xbox-Series-S.png
KFConsole-768x780.png
CPU12nm AMD Zen+
(Ryzen Embedded V180F)
7nm AMD Zen27nm AMD Zen27nm AMD Zen214nm Intel Core i9-9980HK
CPU Config

4C/8T

8C/16T

8C/16T

8C/16T

8C/16T
CPU Clock

up to 3.8 GHz

up to 3.5 GHz

up to 3.8GHz

up to 3.6GHz

up to 5.0 GHz
GPUAMD RDNA2 (Navi 23)AMD RDNA2AMD RDNA2AMD RDNA2NVIDIA TURING (TU106)
GPU Config

28 CUs

36 CUs

52 CUs

20 CUs

30 SMs
GPU Clock

~2.79 GHz

2.23 GHz

1.83 GHz

1.57 GHz

1.68 GHz
GPU Power

~10 TFLOPS

10.28 TFLOPS

12.15 TFLOPS

4 TFLOPS

6.5 TFLOPS
Performance Targetup to 200mph4K up to 120fps4K up to 120fps1440p up to 120fps4K with RT
MSRP

$122,990

$399*-$499

$499

$299
TBC
Release DateJune 2021November 2020November 2020November 2020TBC
NotesComes with a car* Digital EditionComes with a Chicken Chamber

I was in wreck due to driver not paying attention, hit me at 60mph in T-bone, This is bad idea, people faced planted in there phone and other screen's while driving causing wrecks, you wont understand the pain suffering you go through because of other person's stupidity.

People have gotten lazy by pc, phones, tablets.

I give 5 years or less before u.s has operational A.I. Skynet or Legion is coming soon to house near you!

Touchscreens are amazing for displaying information and for simple one or two answer button presses. They suck at literally everything else. Thank Christ for steering wheel control integration......

there was screen tech that made physical bumps/buttons on the screen depending on screen context, and then went back to being flat when screen context changed, haven't heard anything about it in years, bummer. it would be nice to have that for tesla screens to make tactile buttons when in driving mode for like ac and stuff, and then screen could be flat for media

https://www.wired.com/2009/05/prototype-display-combines-touchscreen-morphing-buttons/

there was screen tech that made physical bumps/buttons on the screen depending on screen context, and then went back to being flat when screen context changed, haven't heard anything about it in years, bummer. it would be nice to have that for tesla screens to make tactile buttons when in driving mode for like ac and stuff, and then screen could be flat for media

https://www.wired.com/2009/05/prototype-display-combines-touchscreen-morphing-buttons/
How about we just get rid of the screens and go back to ergonomic controls?

How about we just get rid of the screens and go back to ergonomic controls?
You act like twisting a windshield wiper stick is simpler than taking your eyes off the road, a quick tap of the screen -> Home button -> Settings -> Controls -> Visibility Settings -> Front -> Rain Management -> Level -> 2 -> OK -> Back -> Back -> Exit -> Apply Changes -> Yes -> Reboot -> OK

:)

Last edited:
You act like twisting a windshield wiper stick is so much simpler than taking your eyes off the road, a quick tap of the screen -> Home button -> Settings -> Controls -> Visibility Settings -> Front -> Rain Management -> Level -> 2 -> OK -> Back -> Back -> Exit -> Apply Changes -> Yes -> Reboot -> OK

But I guess not everyone can afford a Tesla.
haha incredible

You act like twisting a windshield wiper stick is so much simpler than taking your eyes off the road, a quick tap of the screen -> Home button -> Settings -> Controls -> Visibility Settings -> Front -> Rain Management -> Level -> 2 -> OK -> Back -> Back -> Exit -> Apply Changes -> Yes -> Reboot -> OK

But I guess not everyone can afford a Tesla.

I had a new BMW 750iL loaner. The gimmick the infotainment unit had was hand gestures. If you wanted to turn up the volume, you had to twirly whirly your fingers clockwise and anti-clockwise. Changing the station was some sort of frantic hand waving. If you didn't look like a big enough knob for driving one in the first place, imagine being at a stoplight doing some twirly whirlies trying to turn down your NPR.

what's really baffling to me is this stuff can just be tactile digital touchpoints, it doesn't even need to be a functional switch/button/knob/moving mechanism whatever 99% of the time, yet buttons and tactile feedback alone are nazis or something i dunno

The Heads Up Display (HUD) is right in front of the drivers face on the windshield, no need to look down and away from anything to see and use the information available on the HUD.

I had a new BMW 750iL loaner. The gimmick the infotainment unit had was hand gestures. If you wanted to turn up the volume, you had to twirly whirly your fingers clockwise and anti-clockwise. Changing the station was some sort of frantic hand waving. If you didn't look like a big enough knob for driving one in the first place, imagine being at a stoplight doing some twirly whirlies trying to turn down your NPR.

Or use the buttons on the steering wheel, or the knob and buttons on the dashboard, you don't have to use gesture control, they have at least 4 other ways to do all of those things through the steering wheel, iDrive controller, physical buttons on the dash or voice control.

The Heads Up Display (HUD) is right in front of the drivers face on the windshield, no need to look down and away from anything to see and use the information available on the HUD.

Or use the buttons on the steering wheel, or the knob and buttons on the dashboard, you don't have to use gesture control, they have at least 4 other ways to do all of those things through the steering wheel, iDrive controller, physical buttons on the dash or voice control.

They would not have added twirly whirlies if they did not want you to twirly whirly.

does tesla have usb media in for music/movie files? wonder if that can be used for m&kb or 360 wireless adapter? lol

Touchscreens are amazing for displaying information and for simple one or two answer button presses. They suck at literally everything else. Thank Christ for steering wheel control integration......
No shit. I get real tired of cars wanting to have everything buried on a touch screen. It is fine for deeper information/controls. Like my car will let me change how it operates the door locks, do they lock when you start moving, do they unlock in park that kind of shit. That is fine for a touch screen. It is a feature you have no reason to change on the road. But for thigns like climate control, answering the phone, the radio, nav, etc these should all be easily accessible, well designed buttons or knobs.

No shit. I get real tired of cars wanting to have everything buried on a touch screen. It is fine for deeper information/controls. Like my car will let me change how it operates the door locks, do they lock when you start moving, do they unlock in park that kind of shit. That is fine for a touch screen. It is a feature you have no reason to change on the road. But for thigns like climate control, answering the phone, the radio, nav, etc these should all be easily accessible, well designed buttons or knobs.
Agreed. The other problem with touchscreens is that often some information is covered with other information. For example, in the Ram I just rented, in order to change the vents being used, I had to tap the climate button, exiting out of Android Auto, change the vents, then switch back to Android Auto for navigation. Way too many presses for what should have been taken care of by a single button.

Agreed. The other problem with touchscreens is that often some information is covered with other information. For example, in the Ram I just rented, in order to change the vents being used, I had to tap the climate button, exiting out of Android Auto, change the vents, then switch back to Android Auto for navigation. Way too many presses for what should have been taken care of by a single button.

My Genesis has a really nice mix of nav screen and quality physical controls. All the knobs and dials are aluminum, feel great, but can always go into the menus to do things as well.

does tesla have usb media in for music/movie files? wonder if that can be used for m&kb or 360 wireless adapter? lol
Yes, I have an external SSD hooked up through the USB-C in the glove compartment for dash cam recordings + media. This latest update also enabled bluetooth device connectivity (game controllers, mouse, keyboard, etc).

On my car the car settings like door locks, light delay, etc. are in the gauge cluster OSD and controlled by the steering wheel controls.

Tech enthusiasts hating tech.
More hate on a $120k luxury car where the tech can only be used while waiting to charge aforementioned novelty item. Is that [H]ard?

For that money, one could build one heck of a system and play at home, instead of on a small screen waiting to charge a car...

Last edited:
More hate on a $120k luxury car where the tech can only be used while waiting to charge aforementioned novelty item. Is that [H]ard?

For that money, one could build one heck of a system and play at home, instead of on a small screen waiting to charge a car...

Salty dude calls reasonably priced mid level vehicle a luxury car.

Such a comparison completely misses the point.

but [H] is the 12 Angry Men of tech forums, if we can't complain here where can we complain? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

still funny to point out nerds complaining about tech though

but [H] is the 12 Angry Men of tech forums, if we can't complain here where can we complain? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

still funny to point out nerds complaining about tech though

Indeed, especially considering this is "free" additional functionality enabled over an OTA update. The fact that owners now have the option of playing their Steam library on the go when they couldn't before is pure gravy. People comparing the use case to a home system - as if the decision was between playing on their PC vs going out and sitting in their garage to play in their car - completely miss the point. I see this similar to the existing infotainment options - Youtube, Netflix, Disney+, etc stuff to pass the time while waiting to pickup kids from practice, the odd supercharging session, etc.

Back