Terrible noise coming from Radion X1900XTX

ritch1

Weaksauce
Hi

My computer sounds like its going to take off and i have the supposedly silent liquid cooled Saphirre Toxic X1900XTX. Ive had the card about 6 months now but over the last month it has been making a real loud noise, like a fan on full blast.

The sound is not coming from the visible fan on the casing, i have fiddled around with the speeds of that and stopped it very briefly but the sound is still there. I can only assume it is the mechanism that controls the water flow, I got no idea how it works and why it would make such a racket of course.

There is liquid in the unit, i checked the levels. So any ideas what i can do about it as the noise is driving me nuts and a dont fancy replacing this card just yet, is this a problem anyone else has experienced?

Thanks for any help
Ritch

Checked the fans in your case or the fans in the unit itself? That would be my first guess; 2nd would be a dead/dying pump. The parts Thermaltake uses for that thing *suck* (as do the vast majority of their w/c gear [IMO]). I would make sure the noise isn't coming from another fan (or other component in your case), if nothing else works - you may need to RMA (it's still covered I assume).

Back