Terminal Services Question

fibroptikl

Supreme [H]ardness
Where I work, we are planning to purchase a laptop. This laptop will be used as our training and demo system.

One of the training requirements are that people Remote Desktop into the laptop (so they can see the client).

Now most of our sites have additional Terminal Services licenses on a Windows Server 2003 box, which is the way we plan to train them.

With this, it might be different computers (i.e.; three from Location 1, seven from Location 2)

Will this cause any problems with the Terminal Services licensing, as far as having to re-activate or get reissued? This machine will also get re-loaded frequently, so I'm not too sure on what I’ll have to do to keep the licensing accurate.

im not going to say i know everything about TS, but it depends if you are doing a per user or per machine license. it seems a per machine license would be better, but i dont know what your company does. it really depends on the grand scheme of things.

i do know MS allows for a one time change from per user to per machine or vice versa without having to incurr any extra costs.

Well, the machines change after each training session, just as the users do.

Problem being, with re-installing the OS often to load new version's, I don't want to run into any issues with activating the licenses (ie: or finding out I can do it once).

I've looked into it, but thought someone might have a more clear answer.

im sure someone around here knows a hell of a lot more about TS than both of us. its still early in the day (well, for me anyway, about 9AM now).

edit: im sure the forum will wake up soon or at least by tonight.

Back