terminal server licenses

rehab

Gawd
im new at my job. i noticed that there were notifications of the liscences running out on some of the wyse terms recently. another employee told me that i was to go to each terminal and restore it to factory default, then upon reboot, it would pull a new liscense. well, it has begun to show up on others as well, which is annoying since there are about 700 thin clients at various locations. isnt there an easier way to do this? cant we just renew a set number of licenses on the terminal server for the terms that are the closest to expire? i dont have the privileges to see some of the available admin tools so im just curious. thanks..

have you checked the licensing to make sure you really aren't running out?

Is the error message saying something about the license expiring within X number of days? If so that means they are resetting the license token the thin client downloaded which is to say, they are avoiding buying the necessary terminal server CALs.

sounds like the TS srver can't reach the TS liscense server. The Temp CAL that gets assigned to a TS client is about to expire.

What OS and SP levels are your TS servers and TS liscense server?

server 2003 rc2
the thin clients are CE 5.0
yes, they are saying the X number of days...that is before the users ignore it and it fails to connect at all.

this does not sound good!

hmm TS server licenses are quite expensive (for what you get!), is there a chance they have too few licenses for TS?

Back