TERA (The Exiled Realm of Arborea) Discussion Thread

Can anyone playing on Dragonfall or any of the other PvE servers check how much the T13 noncraft enig lance sells or has sold for in trade (Enigmatic Fatebreaker) and how much t13 enchant fodder sells for?

Any idea why my character won't stop attacking? If I hit just left mouse button it just keeps firing infinitely. Also I am dragging my UI all over the screen If I try to use the mouse. Started right after the last little patch a few days ago.

Any idea why my character won't stop attacking? If I hit just left mouse button it just keeps firing infinitely. Also I am dragging my UI all over the screen If I try to use the mouse. Started right after the last little patch a few days ago.

That's a new one as far as I have heard.

Maybe verify your game and make sure it doesn't find some corrupt stuff? I have had this resolve a few issues that cropped up early on.

If you bought the game through Amazon at least you will get a code voucher for free copy of the game. After using the code you will have a second Tera game serial added to your account. You can give this one to a buddy. Check your email for the voucher.

The game is on sale for $9.99 regular edition and $15.99 Collector's Edition. It's buy one get one free as you will receive 2 codes for one purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/Masse-Enterta...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348116874&sr=8-1&keywords=tera

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Here's my new archer.

77496357.jpg

cool beans...

I bought Tera at launch and really did enjoy it, I played for 3 months and had to stop because we where in the process of buying a new home, getting moved in, all while doing some remodeling at the same time.
Glad to see this is going F2P, I'm downloading the game again right now and it looks like everyone else is too....850 kB down and only 8 hours to go....lol

Yeah games going F2P.. hope we see an influx of new players. I would really love to see this game blossom and turn into an actual game.

So my friend started playing now that its f2p, I guess I'll be joining him soon. We got burned out on gw2 after getting 3 chsrs to 80 and running all the content for a few months.

What can I expect in TERA?

So my friend started playing now that its f2p, I guess I'll be joining him soon. We got burned out on gw2 after getting 3 chsrs to 80 and running all the content for a few months.

What can I expect in TERA?

running the same content for months once you hit 60

I didn't see if this has already been posted but the free trial is now, "unlimited" (no time limit, level cap increased to 28 with some other odd restrictions). The unlimited trial will convert to the f2p, "Tera Rising" in February. Just go to the Tera main page and in the right corner is a link

F2p will go live Feb 5th at 7am PST.

You can already download the client patch.

There is 1 new pve and pvp server. You can't currently transfer between the old and new servers. You can transfer between the old pve and pvp servers now. Otherwise the servers have no difference between old and new.

If anyone starting out has questions feel free to ask.

might consider playing this again, although the clannie i gave my lancer to renamed it, and didn't reserve my name on a lv1 char :(

Finally got my zerker caught up to my mystic. Man what a fun class. Nothing like taking on 5+ mobs at once and destroying them all.

I plan on downloading this when I get home to give it a try tonight. Any recommendations for which class will offer me the most entertainment?

I plan on downloading this when I get home to give it a try tonight. Any recommendations for which class will offer me the most entertainment?

I would say more information would help. Most people consider tanking and healing in TERA more involved and interesting than other MMOs however, something to consider if you have been put off by those roles in the past.

In general I would say to avoid Archer and even more so if you favor PVE. I would avoid Berserker for PVP. Although I'm too sure how the balance changes and dynamics of 3v3 may change things at this point. Out of the two healing classes I would say Mystic is more fun but suffers from the worst leveling experience by far (especially solo). Also the current trend in balance changes is favoring Priests due to class dynamics/perception in ktera.

Out of the two healing classes I would say Mystic is more fun but suffers from the worst leveling experience by far (especially solo).

Did you level a Lancer? I leveled a Lancer, Mystic, and Slayer all to 60 and the Lancer was the worst by far. Mystic was miles ahead of Lancer almost entirely because a Mystic can recover all of its hp/mana very easily and quickly. Slayer was the fastest out of all three obviously. I also had more fun playing Slayer than either of the other two, although tanking in groups as a Lancer was decent.

I would say more information would help. Most people consider tanking and healing in TERA more involved and interesting than other MMOs however, something to consider if you have been put off by those roles in the past.

In general I would say to avoid Archer and even more so if you favor PVE. I would avoid Berserker for PVP. Although I'm too sure how the balance changes and dynamics of 3v3 may change things at this point. Out of the two healing classes I would say Mystic is more fun but suffers from the worst leveling experience by far (especially solo). Also the current trend in balance changes is favoring Priests due to class dynamics/perception in ktera.

Thanks for the reply. I plan on playing mostly solo, but may talk a friend or two into joining in with me. I'll almost exclusively be playing PvE.

Did you level a Lancer? I leveled a Lancer, Mystic, and Slayer all to 60 and the Lancer was the worst by far. Mystic was miles ahead of Lancer almost entirely because a Mystic can recover all of its hp/mana very easily and quickly. Slayer was the fastest out of all three obviously. I also had more fun playing Slayer than either of the other two, although tanking in groups as a Lancer was decent.

My first char and main (if you want to call it that) is a lancer :p

Lancer damage had a massive buff in QOA2 (~50% basically). Also I feel lancer generally has better synergy for outdoor leveling with a dps class in either a duo/trio. You also have the advantage of fast queues for instances if you choose to use the matcher.

From my experience (though to be fair this is with alts so it may differ due to equipment/experience/consumables differences) that down time while leveling is not really an issue. Also they supposedly buffed the healing item drop rates for f2p.

Thanks for the reply. I plan on playing mostly solo, but may talk a friend or two into joining in with me. I'll almost exclusively be playing PvE.

If you choose the prologue you can get a rough idea of how each class plays, particularly in outdoor solo situations, as you get to try the class at level 20.

In your case I would say try out Berserker, Slayer or Warrior first over the other classes. Warrior is a bit flexible in that it is the only dual role class (dps and tank) but it lacks AOE compared to the other two.

If you want a ranged class I think in general Sorcerers are much more fun to play compared to Archers and at this point in time much more effective as well in PVE.

Healers and tanks really aren't really very needed outside of instances and PVP. Tanks however can queue very fast (or find parties) for instances. DPS classes tend to queue the slowest. In general if you want to solo or duo a lot of outdoor content I really wouldn't pick a healer or lancer.

Last edited:
I find it real cute they wont let me sign up because my email address has the word spam in it. That has to be the dumbest shit I have ever seen. Doesn't help that every page request is taking more than 5 minutes... *sigh* what a pain in the ass.

How well does a priest do with solo leveling? I enjoy healing in groups but I'd still like to be able to level without relying on others. Also, now that the game is ftp, will they continue to add stuff to it or is the game on its last leg before it dies? I've heard there's not a lot to do max level.

How well does a priest do with solo leveling? I enjoy healing in groups but I'd still like to be able to level without relying on others. Also, now that the game is ftp, will they continue to add stuff to it or is the game on its last leg before it dies? I've heard there's not a lot to do max level.

Priests are surprisingly good at soloing outdoor mobs and thus leveling. Leveling overall though is pretty fast.

As for the long term future I wouldn't know at this point. Ktera just had another content update and has another in development so I would expect at least those to come here.

wow...the lag tonight has been unbearable two server crashes within about a 90 minute window, kiddies spamming general...think I'm going to wait another week or so to get back in. Hopefully by that time the FTP'ers will have gotten bored and moved onto something else...

I was on the new PVE server from 9PM-2AM CST on channel 5 and it lagged really bad twice but smooth for the majority of the time.

the chat is absurd :rolleyes:

i think it's been a great re-launch.

Just wanted to give people a heads up.

This is by far the best FTP model out there. They give you the original game, minus storage space and character slots I believe. The real money store consists of 80% cosmetics, and 20% "buffs" or "boosts". Both which can be acquired thru the auction house or random locked boxes that drop. Plenty of keys on the AH to open those locked boxes.

I rerolled on another server since a few of my buds started playing. They absolutely love it, to the point they are wondering why it is FTP.

The server we are on is VERY (Ascension Valley) healthy, and you run into plenty of people to group/quest with everywhere.

Game still has it flaws. Forget ANY sort of story. I hit 52, and have zero idea what any of the quests are about. The quests are VERY generic. Go over yonder and collect 25 chicken asses, and come back when done. BUT the quests give fantastic experience. Combine that with XP Boosts off the auction house or ones you may find in a strongbox, and even casual play will have you 60 in a couple weeks. I am doing my hardest NOT to level, and I am still 52.

Crafting is meh. Just what you expect. Same for gathering.

There STILL appears to be a shortage of good tanks...which is weird, considering how many Lancers I see with "founder" titles. Founder means you purchased the game, and I am making a huge assumption they have played Tera before the FTP launch. DPS still has crazy timers on dungeon finder I am told. I play a Lancer, and it's insta queue.

Subscribing gives you good but not great perks. But if nothing else, having access to any portal in a town instantaneously is pretty damn sweet. Free mount couple cosmetic items, dungeon timers reduced etc. Ok stuff.

Combat in Tera is what really sets the game apart. You have a hard time going back to tab targeting after playing Tera. Everything other MMO combat system seems so bland afterwards.

Anyway, just a small update.

Nice, I bought this one day 1..Felt screwed. Maybe i'll go back and play it.

Just wanted to give people a heads up.

This is by far the best FTP model out there. They give you the original game, minus storage space and character slots I believe. The real money store consists of 80% cosmetics, and 20% "buffs" or "boosts". Both which can be acquired thru the auction house or random locked boxes that drop. Plenty of keys on the AH to open those locked boxes.

I rerolled on another server since a few of my buds started playing. They absolutely love it, to the point they are wondering why it is FTP.

The server we are on is VERY (Ascension Valley) healthy, and you run into plenty of people to group/quest with everywhere.

Game still has it flaws. Forget ANY sort of story. I hit 52, and have zero idea what any of the quests are about. The quests are VERY generic. Go over yonder and collect 25 chicken asses, and come back when done. BUT the quests give fantastic experience. Combine that with XP Boosts off the auction house or ones you may find in a strongbox, and even casual play will have you 60 in a couple weeks. I am doing my hardest NOT to level, and I am still 52.

Crafting is meh. Just what you expect. Same for gathering.

There STILL appears to be a shortage of good tanks...which is weird, considering how many Lancers I see with "founder" titles. Founder means you purchased the game, and I am making a huge assumption they have played Tera before the FTP launch. DPS still has crazy timers on dungeon finder I am told. I play a Lancer, and it's insta queue.

Subscribing gives you good but not great perks. But if nothing else, having access to any portal in a town instantaneously is pretty damn sweet. Free mount couple cosmetic items, dungeon timers reduced etc. Ok stuff.

Combat in Tera is what really sets the game apart. You have a hard time going back to tab targeting after playing Tera. Everything other MMO combat system seems so bland afterwards.

Anyway, just a small update.

Is War a viable tank now?

I'm going to say not really. It takes someone with great timing to pull off some of the boss fights in hard modes, or even leveling. I personally have yet to party with even a good warrior tank on my alts. Plus the way that dodge works, the mob just seems to be all over the place.

My buddy I play with made a warrior and tried a couple times, said it went horribly wrong. He was in Golden Labyrinth.

I'm still waiting for them to open av up. I want to RL my zerk and mystic over so I can play them with my friends that just started. I've put too much time into getting them to the mid 40s to start a new char yet.

at first I thought I was just going to use Tera as filler before FFXIV gets re-released but I was suprised by the game. I don't put in a lot of hours during the week but the weekends are all about Tera (sad, I know)

I have 4 chars that I am leveling on AV (lancer, mystic, priest, sorcerer)

If you guys are still looking for copies of the game then try to look for them at Fry's and Best-buy. They have them for $20 and Gamestop has them for $30. That is assuming they have them on the shelf.

I have only played FFXI and FFXIV. FFXI is still my MMO to beat but Tera is far better than the old FFXIV. will the new FFXIV be any better? will be nice to see. Not to mention the competition ESO will bring.

I've been playing. The game is definitely a lot of fun, but it's disappointing what I hear about the pvp. Getting gear at 60 is apparently a huge grind, arenas are all gear based, and bgs are usually premades vs pub and heavily one sided.

I've been playing. The game is definitely a lot of fun, but it's disappointing what I hear about the pvp. Getting gear at 60 is apparently a huge grind, arenas are all gear based, and bgs are usually premades vs pub and heavily one sided.

All true.

Warriors can block now as such you have more flexibility in maintaining position. Also dodge is no longer constrained by cooldown but by a new resolve meter (so you can chain 2 dodges for example). You can queue as tank as a warrior now.

In general this question is a bit tricky and depends on the instance and how it is designed. The newer end game instances have some mechanics which favor warrior tanking, and warrior tanking is actually easier for the current harder end game dungeon (MC).

The basic reason is these new instances have more mechanisms which make the fight more movement based than hold/block based compared to earlier instances. Looking at MC specifically the major attacks go through block for example and have to be avoided so this favors classes with more maneuverability.

Hi All ~ Just found this Tera thread.

I curently play on Lake of Tears(highest level is 37 zerk) and Valley of Titans (highest level is 30 priest)

If any of you all want to join a guild on Lake of Tears, I'm in a casual 60 and the academy guild I helped set up for leveling/questing etc.

What all servers do you play on? :) I'm eventually going to play on 3-4 servers I think mainly because I want to have all high-elfs for one server, a castanic mainly server, and a elin server, and a 4th server would be a mix of everything else (probably a pve)

Back