[Tepid] EVGA B-Stock X79 Dark - $130 + shipping

jolli

Gawd
I hesitate to post this, but there might be someone out there in need of a higher-end X79 board that doesn't want to spend a lot of money.

EVGA has a B-Stock (refurb, 1 year warranty) X79 Dark for $130. See: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=150-SE-E789-RX

Shipping for me was under $5.

I know how many feel about EVGA motherboards, but for this price (and with a one year warranty) I am willing to take a chance with them for the first time since the P55 days. Other X79 boards are also available, but the Dark is a noticeably better board.

On a side note, I also saw that they have new Z97 Stinger Core 3D's for 109.99 AR.

Thanks for the tipoff.. They have the Z77 Stinger mITX board for $65 shipped. Z77 ITX boards can be hard to find, especially with any warranty, so I'll give it a shot (reviews look kinda shady though.. hopefully they fixed some of the problems with the BIOS etc with these refurb boards).

Thanks for the tipoff.. They have the Z77 Stinger mITX board for $65 shipped. Z77 ITX boards can be hard to find, especially with any warranty, so I'll give it a shot (reviews look kinda shady though.. hopefully they fixed some of the problems with the BIOS etc with these refurb boards).

I looked at that myself, as I'm moving an i5 3470 and Asrock H77 system out of a Bitfenix Prodigy and into a Hadron Air. Talked myself out of it (and into the X79 somehow), but I probably would have given it a shot if it was a K processor I had instead of one that has a locked multiplier.

Also thought about the Z87 Stinger for $55 and then moving some parts around if Broadwell ever releases (which would free up a 4770K), but that's way too much speculation at this point! :D

Back