Ten Years Ago Today In Tech

Still have a NF7-S with a Barton 2500+ running. I think it sits a 2.4ghz and 1.7volts. AXQDA?

that's interesting.... i probably have a stack of 10-15 nforce2 boards that all died over the years and a bunch of processors with no boards...

those things were crap

Interesting. I had a couple machines, both asus and abit and they still work. They're slow as all hell, but that's to be expected after 10 years or obsolescence. The asus Looks a little crispy, there are literally burn marks on the motherboard around the north bridge; because the fan died, but it still works perfectly well.

Oh man, A7N8X-E Deluxe...fucking awesome nForce 2 motherboard...

Funny that this was posted... I am currently working on 2 of my old Nforce2 systems and was just thinking that the A7n8x board would be 10 years old this November (If I remember correctly I got it the 1st day it was available)

I got it with a 2100+ went to the IU Lanwar and won a 2400+ the next week ... That board has survived 2 strikes of lightning (1st one just blew a switch in the house, 2nd one blew one of the two network cards)

I am guessing I built about 50 of the Nforce2 computers and only had a few failures over the years, and yes the sound-storm on the high end boards for the time was great. (much better than the song they came out with showcasing the sound card... http://download.nvidia.com/downloads/SoundStorm_5.1/NVIDIA_SoundStorm_Song.mp3 )

My best/worst mobo was the abit NF7-S+AthlonXP 2500+. Awesome overclocker but BIOS would seldom go corrupt.

I learned bios Hotswapping because of this mobo.

+1

Holy flash-back batman.... :D

Anyone remember the "pencil mod" ? :D

Yeah, I gave my old NF7S board with the 2500+ barton (axda) and 9800GT to a friend of mine a long time ago, he uses it to this day in his polebarn where he fixes cars that were in accidents. He uses the computer to pull up schematics and stuff, and it doubles as his music/mp3 player.:D If you saw the environment the computer runs in, you'd be shocked it is still running. :eek:

If I remember right, that thing even has the pin jumper tab or whatever on it to unlock the multiplier.

[21CW]killerofall;1039151231 said:
LOL I had an A7N8X Deluxe. It was a great motherboard back in the day. I sold it when I upgraded in Q3 2005 to an Opteron 165 Socket 939 OCed 50%, on air :D.

still got mine, its back in the box (it was a great motherboard). has it really been ten years?
anyone else ever have trouble with the nforce drivers? i remember the driver disk that came with my board had the wrong drivers on it. would totally screw things up.
good times though, good times. ;)

I just pulled the sempron and nf2 out of my dad's computer finally a decade later, he's now rocking i5 powaaaah.. big upgrade.

Ahh, the days when AMD was actually a force in the market. How I miss those days. :(

Holy shit I can't believe that was 10 years ago. Where did the time go? :eek:

Oh how I remember my DFI LanParty. So many hours tweaking that damn bios. Also rocked one of my favorite cards of all time the 9800 pro.

Back