Ten Reasons Why You Shouldn't Buy an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull46

Limp Gawd
Quote: This has been the week from hell as far as iPhone hype goes. Over and over and over, we've all been subjected to more and more iPhone blather. Enough already! It's time to cut this stupid phone down to size, once and for all! And mark my words, that's all it is...a stupid phone! It is not a cure for cancer, it will not bring peace to the world, it will not feed the hungry or provide homes to the homeless. It's a freaking phone and it's high time somebody drew a line in the sand and said: Thus far and no farther with the iBlather!

So here are ten reasons why you should NOT buy an iPhone. No doubt the Apple Cultists will flame me for saying it like it is but it's about time somebody did. So here is why you should avoid this vile piece of over-hyped crap:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,2151961,00.asp?kc=ETRSS02129TX1K0000532

Quote: This has been the week from hell as far as iPhone hype goes. Over and over and over, we've all been subjected to more and more iPhone blather. Enough already! It's time to cut this stupid phone down to size, once and for all! And mark my words, that's all it is...a stupid phone! It is not a cure for cancer, it will not bring peace to the world, it will not feed the hungry or provide homes to the homeless. It's a freaking phone and it's high time somebody drew a line in the sand and said: Thus far and no farther with the iBlather!

So here are ten reasons why you should NOT buy an iPhone. No doubt the Apple Cultists will flame me for saying it like it is but it's about time somebody did. So here is why you should avoid this vile piece of over-hyped crap:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,2151961,00.asp?kc=ETRSS02129TX1K0000532

im not entirely sure if that article was a joke, but if it wasnt, then the author should have his webhosting revoked for writing such a poor article

while i agree that the iPhone is overhyped and all (and i sure am not an apple fanboi), just the suggestion that apple should have equiped the 499 iphone with 500 GB of storage is enough of a clue as to out of which orrifice the author is talking

This just in: The iPhone is not perfect

These are unconfirmed reports, we have reporters on the scene, but for now we can report that it is very likely the iPhone is not perfect.

Remain calm and tuned to this station for developments as the happen

Again, the iPhone is not perfect.

Just like all phones in this arena, the iPhone makes design compromises, and just like with other things in life, its real easy to pick the compromise(s) apart. No matter what design choice Apple made, it would have been criticized. If they made a slide out keyboard (e.g. the Helius sp.), some would say it was too thick. If they made a front keyboard, some would say the screen was too short or that it was too tall. If they put 16 GB of memory, some would say that is not enough, if they put in 40 GB of memory, some would say that it cost too much.

With that said, it does have flaws as well, just like everything else. It is what it is - a first generation phone.

That guy from TFA said:
And here's the number one reason why you shouldn't even consider buying an iPhone:

1. I'll Get to the Apple Store Ahead of You
If you've read this far then you've finally discovered the *real* reason I wrote this column.

You see, I'm out to dissuade as many people as possible from buying an iPhone so that I have less competition on Friday when I go to get mine. Yep, this entire column is nothing more than a self-serving ruse at giving myself the best chance possible to snag an iPhone on opening day.

The fewer people that are interested in the iPhone, the better my chances at getting one! So in this column I've just regurgitated all the usual FUD about the iPhone, Apple, and AT&T in a blatant attempt to discourage you from being remotely interested in buying one.

And I want one...make no mistake about it...I want an iPhone...bad! It's all I've been able to think about for the last few days...I've been dreaming of ditching my crappy Verizon phone and holding the sleek, sexy iPhone in the palm of my hand.

Yes...I must have one...and I will have one! No matter who or what gets in my way! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss....the precioooooooous will be ouuuuuuursssssssssss!

So don't even bother to leave your house on launch day to get an iPhone. If you do, you'll find that I got there ahead of you and bought the last one. Muhuhahahahha! Suckers!

Did my ruse work? Have you been dissuaded from buying an iPhone? Tell me in the forum.

Scroll down to the bottom. ;)

Dude. . .seriously. . .you posted a link to this same article in another thread and were told the exact same thing there - the article you referred to simply regurgitated all the FUD surrounding the iPhone and in point #1 the author went on to say how much he loved and wanted an iPhone.

By posting the same crap a second time - and proving you STILL haven't bothered to read the entire article - shows you to be nothing more than a troll. Please go away.

Scroll down to the bottom. ;)

i did, and the language in the bottom section doesnt actually look to serious to me

as i said, the author needs his webhosting revoked, his writing looks like some of the worst ive seen on forums

*Cough* That wasn't me. I'm not the OP.

Dovliss> Sorry man. . .I corrected my original post accordingly.

I didn't have so much of a problem with the writing. And it actually is pretty good as far as describing all the FUD surrounding the iPhone. It's amazing how many of the "problems" or "flaws" people bring up are entirely subjective - "AT&T sucks" or "Tiny Storage".

I also find it interesting to note that of all the masses who are hopping on the anti-iPhone bandwagon how few of those folks have actually used an iPhone, much less own one.

Guy's all i was doing was showing one person's view to, let's face it even with it's faults, the iphone is a massive step in the right direction.
I thought the N95 was a great phone but it has it's faults too.

One great stride you have to put one foot foreward, and that is what iphone has done, good for all of us, but hardwork for apple and such to bring us such clever Mobiles.

I for one won't be buying one though, i still got my eye on an N95 or an E65.

Happy Shopping people thnx for the responses, that's what these Forums are for, to get a response:D

Guy's all i was doing was showing one person's view to, let's face it even with it's faults, the iphone is a massive step in the right direction.
I thought the N95 was a great phone but it has it's faults too.

One great stride you have to put one foot foreward, and that is what iphone has done, good for all of us, but hardwork for apple and such to bring us such clever Mobiles.

I for one won't be buying one though, i still got my eye on an N95 or an E65.

Happy Shopping people thnx for the responses, that's what these Forums are for, to get a response:D

My point was you already did that in another earlier thread - where it was pointed out that you misinterpreted the article. So then you create an entirely new thread with the exact same stuff - with the exact same lack of context. Whether intentional or not, that's troll-like behavior. While the point of the forums is to elicit responses, just make sure they're the kind of responses you are looking for. :)

Enjoy your N95 or E65 or whatever you decide to go with.

That was the stupidest piece of shit article I've ever read, serious or not.

As far as the technical flaws go on the iPhone, the thing is just a computer, there is no reason why it shouldn't be able to permit 3rd party installations, general updates and such. Why worry about where it is in the first week?
-I do understand that 3G will never come to this revision, though.

Get a blo@dy life people, christ are your live's that boring, all you can do criticize.

My first response still applies, get a bloody life!

Get a blo@dy life people, christ are your live's that boring, all you can do criticize.

My first response still applies, get a bloody life!

and you can fix your sig please. it's ridiculously long for scrolling down posts on my iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back