Ten (80mm fans) for $9.90 free shipping

They always do this, so it's not really a deal.

I use these fans for most of my builds though. The quality is just fine for most builds, and they're cheap.

28dba.......I have 15 of these suckers and don't know what to do with them. I've used about 4 of them and to cut the noise down I used my Nexus controller.

I have 5 of these runing in my rig as we speak, they are not that loud... I ordered the 10... theyre actualy very, very nice. Sleeved and the plug has 2 sides to it, and not the usualy 2 plug design of one side in, and one side out... the sleeved power cords are allso quite long, letting me attach them to anything...

since the single plug is simply double sided (one side female, one side male), I stacked a bunch of them together before attaching them to a power source... it looks like a strip of lego blocks... but in any case, since I made them into a strip, I hid it behind my hard drive holders, so now it just looks like theres a bunch of grey sleeves runing to behind my hard drives, where you cant see them through my clear window :)

Pretty good fans, IMHO

Rated 5 eggs with 307 reviews....most reviews mention good are movement but a bit loud. Still for the price you can't complain.

I usually go for the dual ball bearing fans and pay more. Antec has a fan with a 3 speed switch built right in, but I usually pay $11 per.

They are loud only on one condition: if you starve them for air and put a punch-out grill on the intake side of the fan, they make a machine noise. I Dremeled out my CoolerMaster's grills and replaced them with wire grills and the thing is quiet now.

They are audible at a yard, but it's a low tonal sound, not so much noise, but a volume of air with a bass pitch. In fact, people have mentioned how pleasantly my computer whirrs (I would still rather not hear it whatsoever).

I can't make them out over the blower on a 7800GT, or even my Zalman 7000CU at full.

Deal is dead I just ordered the last 14, Had 24 in my cart but by the time I checked out there were only 14 left.

$13.86 for 14 80mm fans is a damn good deal.

No, it's not dead because they will just restock and sell at the same price. This deal has been going on for months at the same prices, and I doubt they will stop now. I bought 10 of these in like september and they are good fans.

Yea I bought 10 of them for that price last summer, nice deal to stock up on fans but its a pretty common sale.

its actually pretty funny - they must really want to move these

it's cheaper to buy 15 than it is to buy 5 (14.85 for 15 vs. 14.90 for 5)
it also cheaper to buy 27 of them (26.73) than 9 of them (26.82)

of all the rotten luck. I lost the box with all the fans in it from when I ordered it over a year ago. Two days ago, I finally decided it was time to bite the bullet and order a couple of case fans primarily because the 80mm in my PSU is dying.

so I have 3 fans coming, mind you, I ordered the dual-ball bearing, but still... 3 fans... for $23.
Wish the sale would have been up then. sheesh.

Not really a deal, and has been reposted countless times.
But still, every time it's posted, plenty of new people find out about it, so thanks. :)

These are SLEEVE bearing fans, which are last on my list due to reliability concerns.

Listed in (my personal) order of preference:
Magnetic bearings
Fluid bearings
Ceramic ball bearings
Steel ball bearings
Sleeve bearings

^^^ They're a 98 cent fan, who cares if they're only rated for 30,000 hours or whatever.

One big plus about sleave-bearing fans is that they start making whiney noises when their time is up....no need to worry about sudden death and baked computer hardware ;)

syukton said:
These are SLEEVE bearing fans, which are last on my list due to reliability concerns.

Listed in (my personal) order of preference:
Magnetic bearings
Fluid bearings
Ceramic ball bearings
Steel ball bearings
Sleeve bearings
I had one of the magnetic fans - it died within months. They are at the bottom of my list - though, it did die a noisy death, so it worked out like a sleeve bearing fan - at least I knew.

-bZj

I thought it was a stupid idea originally

I never thought I'd need 10 fans

I jumped on it. Why? Cuz its $10 and you can never have enough cheap fans just incase some of yours fail.

BTW, does anyone remember that really cool case mod where a guy used like 40 or so fans and made the case out of fans? Wow that must been freaking loud.

Back