Ten 80mm Case Fans from Newegg for $9.90 and free shipping

I was just going to buy 80mm Antec fans tomorrow but everyone seems to love these fans.

I will look into getting these instead.

I want to order these so bad but I can't think of any things that i could use 10 80mm's for. .. :(

Hehe i was just moments away from posting the same deal myself. A bunch of us hopped on this deal the last time. Now to debate if i'll need/want 10 more....

stumpy said:
I want to order these so bad but I can't think of any things that i could use 10 80mm's for. .. :(
Build yourself a wall of fans 5 high and 2 wide, keep ya nice'n chilly during the summer months. Or build yourself a funnel contraption to induct some cooler air.

Alternatively they can be rigged as a blender/drink mixer/smoothie machine/alcohol fermenter ;), You can finally build that better mousetrap you've been dreaming of.as well (eww the gore!)

Boy how the creative juices can flow on my day off from work :p

Edit: What the heck i ordered 10 more, for $10 it feels like a gift.

The deal is not bad due to the price, but they are sleeve bearing fans. If you want something decent, spend a bit more for ball bearing fans IMO.

i got 25 of these when it was required that was how many you needed for $0.99 and free shipping... they're great

I picked up 10 of these, last time they came up. They're decent fans, I've used 5 of the 10, so far.

dark_phantom36 said:
i got 25 of these when it was required that was how many you needed for $0.99 and free shipping... they're great

What did you ever do with 25 fans?

SB22 said:
What did you ever do with 25 fans?
Back in the day when i was still building/selling rigs, these things were great to have stockpiled. They were always an annoying (but necessary) added cost when i was building someone a rig, but at $1 each they're practically free.

I got in on this last time and they're pretty decent fans. The cables are even sleeved!

no you need to go through checkout
grand total with shipping $9.90

perfect as cheap replacements for any hotswaps that go out in the rackmounts

As soon as I hit the bank and deposit my paycheck this is getting ordered... I missed it last time, but I need 5 right now anyway, so why not get some more? :cool:

-SEAL

sweet deal, I'm almost tempted to buy 100 and make a wall :), boy would that suck errr blow depending on which side you were on.

someone posted this a month or so ago. I think several people got 11 shipped, including myself, instead of 10.

antoniohawk said:
It looks like the deal is over, up to 1.49 a piece and 4 dollars for shipping.

In the left-hand column is a table for quantity pricing:

Quantity Pricing
units price/Unit shipping

1 $1.49 $4.00ea.
3+ $1.29 ea. $2.00ea.
5+ $1.19 ea. $1.00ea.
10+ $0.99 ea. Free

picked up some, should make good cheap lan give-aways..

plus it gave me an excuse to order that heatsink for my video card i've been puttin off
;)

I actually got in on this same deal a couple months ago and I was pretty tickled pink about what I got for my money.

sure, the fans arent top-of-the-line by all means but they do what they're supposed to do and some.

and considering their price at a buck a piece, I'd say they're worth every penny.

Just ordered my ten. I wonder how these will do at 7V - anyone with any experience with 7-volting these?

-SEAL

My fans arrived today. 10 fans each with 3 pin speed sense and standard 4 pin molex connection with only the +12 and ground leads, so you can't do the 7 volt mod unless you move the leads on the molex pins. The cables are sleeved in black nylon and each fan comes with 4 mounting screws (which also double as fan grill screws). Great buy and I am glad I posted this.

Also, I just ordered 10 chrome fan grills for $10.00 with free shipping to use on these fans. here is the link...

Link to Newegg Fan Grills

douglas, your link points to fan grills for 90mm fans, but the fans from NewEgg are 80mm. Mayhaps the link changed?

-SEAL

Suckers came fast this time. My face began to turn a little red when i counted only nine, thats until i sifted through that mountain of styrofoam peanuts. Gotta check the bottom of that box folks! :eek:

douglas25 said:
Also, I just ordered 10 chrome fan grills for $10.00 with free shipping to use on these fans. here is the link...

Link to Newegg Fan Grills

sweet! thanks...

I didnt need any grills right now but how can I resist them at a buck a piece delivered?

once again, Newegg is awesome...

thanks, these are great, i have one already and its no louder than the combined noise from my vga silencer and psu plsu occasional hdd noises.

SJetski71 said:
Suckers came fast this time. My face began to turn a little red when i counted only nine, thats until i sifted through that mountain of styrofoam peanuts. Gotta check the bottom of that box folks! :eek:

Indeed was suprised to find them on the doorstep today
(in a slightly crushed box :p )
but hey they aint HDDs

I finally borrowed a credit card from my dad so that I could take advantage of this great deal. I'm glad that I was wrong about the deal being over.

This is a great deal for me to jump on since I build PCs for friends and family. I ordered 10 about a month ago and ordered ten more tonight.

haha, i ordered 10 yesterday, not even knowing about this thread... figures

also got a coolermaster led fan, and a speeze external HD usb2.0 enclosure for 34 bucks.. my xbox hard drive is going in there, and it will be a nice little portable storage drive, for when i want to steal my freinds music... lol

Back