Ten 80mm Case Fans from Newegg for $9.90 and free shipping

mcravenufo

Ravenufo's Macs
I was just going to buy 80mm Antec fans tomorrow but everyone seems to love these fans.

I will look into getting these instead.

stumpy

2[H]4U
I want to order these so bad but I can't think of any things that i could use 10 80mm's for. .. :(

SJetski71

[H]F Junkie
Hehe i was just moments away from posting the same deal myself. A bunch of us hopped on this deal the last time. Now to debate if i'll need/want 10 more....

stumpy said:
I want to order these so bad but I can't think of any things that i could use 10 80mm's for. .. :(
Build yourself a wall of fans 5 high and 2 wide, keep ya nice'n chilly during the summer months. Or build yourself a funnel contraption to induct some cooler air.

Alternatively they can be rigged as a blender/drink mixer/smoothie machine/alcohol fermenter ;), You can finally build that better mousetrap you've been dreaming of.as well (eww the gore!)

Boy how the creative juices can flow on my day off from work :p

Edit: What the heck i ordered 10 more, for $10 it feels like a gift.

dandragonrage

[H]F Junkie
The deal is not bad due to the price, but they are sleeve bearing fans. If you want something decent, spend a bit more for ball bearing fans IMO.

dark_phantom36

Limp Gawd
i got 25 of these when it was required that was how many you needed for $0.99 and free shipping... they're great

vbrtrmn

2[H]4U
I picked up 10 of these, last time they came up. They're decent fans, I've used 5 of the 10, so far.

SB22

[H]ard|Gawd
dark_phantom36 said:
i got 25 of these when it was required that was how many you needed for $0.99 and free shipping... they're great

What did you ever do with 25 fans?

SJetski71

[H]F Junkie
SB22 said:
What did you ever do with 25 fans?
Back in the day when i was still building/selling rigs, these things were great to have stockpiled. They were always an annoying (but necessary) added cost when i was building someone a rig, but at $1 each they're practically free.

thewhiteguy

Supreme [H]ardness
I got in on this last time and they're pretty decent fans. The cables are even sleeved!

I

Ice Czar

no you need to go through checkout
grand total with shipping $9.90

perfect as cheap replacements for any hotswaps that go out in the rackmounts

SEALTeamSix

2[H]4U
As soon as I hit the bank and deposit my paycheck this is getting ordered... I missed it last time, but I need 5 right now anyway, so why not get some more? :cool:

-SEAL

archevilangel

[H]ard|Gawd
sweet deal, I'm almost tempted to buy 100 and make a wall :), boy would that suck errr blow depending on which side you were on.

paco

Gawd
someone posted this a month or so ago. I think several people got 11 shipped, including myself, instead of 10.

GoCanes

n00b
antoniohawk said:
It looks like the deal is over, up to 1.49 a piece and 4 dollars for shipping.

In the left-hand column is a table for quantity pricing:

Quantity Pricing
units price/Unit shipping

1 $1.49 $4.00ea.
3+ $1.29 ea. $2.00ea.
5+ $1.19 ea. $1.00ea.
10+ $0.99 ea. Free

Veeb0rg

2[H]4U
picked up some, should make good cheap lan give-aways..

plus it gave me an excuse to order that heatsink for my video card i've been puttin off
;)

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
I actually got in on this same deal a couple months ago and I was pretty tickled pink about what I got for my money.

sure, the fans arent top-of-the-line by all means but they do what they're supposed to do and some.

and considering their price at a buck a piece, I'd say they're worth every penny.

SEALTeamSix

2[H]4U
Just ordered my ten. I wonder how these will do at 7V - anyone with any experience with 7-volting these?

-SEAL

douglas25

Limp Gawd
My fans arrived today. 10 fans each with 3 pin speed sense and standard 4 pin molex connection with only the +12 and ground leads, so you can't do the 7 volt mod unless you move the leads on the molex pins. The cables are sleeved in black nylon and each fan comes with 4 mounting screws (which also double as fan grill screws). Great buy and I am glad I posted this.

Also, I just ordered 10 chrome fan grills for $10.00 with free shipping to use on these fans. here is the link...

Link to Newegg Fan Grills

SEALTeamSix

2[H]4U
douglas, your link points to fan grills for 90mm fans, but the fans from NewEgg are 80mm. Mayhaps the link changed?

-SEAL

SJetski71

[H]F Junkie
Suckers came fast this time. My face began to turn a little red when i counted only nine, thats until i sifted through that mountain of styrofoam peanuts. Gotta check the bottom of that box folks! :eek:

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
douglas25 said:
Also, I just ordered 10 chrome fan grills for $10.00 with free shipping to use on these fans. here is the link...

Link to Newegg Fan Grills

sweet! thanks...

I didnt need any grills right now but how can I resist them at a buck a piece delivered?

once again, Newegg is awesome...

Mizugori

[H]ard|Gawd
thanks, these are great, i have one already and its no louder than the combined noise from my vga silencer and psu plsu occasional hdd noises.

I

Ice Czar

SJetski71 said:
Suckers came fast this time. My face began to turn a little red when i counted only nine, thats until i sifted through that mountain of styrofoam peanuts. Gotta check the bottom of that box folks! :eek:

Indeed was suprised to find them on the doorstep today
(in a slightly crushed box :p )
but hey they aint HDDs

antoniohawk

Limp Gawd
I finally borrowed a credit card from my dad so that I could take advantage of this great deal. I'm glad that I was wrong about the deal being over.

OrionNT

[H]ard|Gawd
This is a great deal for me to jump on since I build PCs for friends and family. I ordered 10 about a month ago and ordered ten more tonight.

Falls Included

I'm happy & gay too
haha, i ordered 10 yesterday, not even knowing about this thread... figures

also got a coolermaster led fan, and a speeze external HD usb2.0 enclosure for 34 bucks.. my xbox hard drive is going in there, and it will be a nice little portable storage drive, for when i want to steal my freinds music... lol