Temps for 4600+

m1abram

2[H]4U
I know this question is asked a lot, however wanted to know if my new build is operating within spec.
AM2 X2 4600+ running stock with OEM cooler
Asus M2N32-SLI motherborad
Antec P180B Case with ALL stock 120mm fans running at medium speed (3 speed fans)

So the motherboard I know runs hot, it sits at about 44-48C under varying loads. Room temperatuure is a bit high at 26C.

The CPU idles at ~35C which is good considering it is 10C cooler than the motherboard. However if I load a single core with Prime95 the temp jumps to 51C. If I load up a second instance of Prime95 on the other core it jumps to 62C. Appears to run stable like this for atleast 6 hours (longest I tested).

Do these temps seem high and should I be concerned about the CPU running at 60+ for extended periods?

This is using the HSF that comes with the CPU then it is right , This is where the good HSF make the difference.

Read reviews for them and change it if you plan to get good years out of your CPU .The idle temp. tells you a lot and that it runs at right temp but its having problems dissapating heat which can be sorted out with a good HSF

m1abram said:
Do these temps seem high and should I be concerned about the CPU running at 60+ for extended periods?

The CPU will likely be long obsolete for gaming and other high performance tasks before 62C takes its tole.

It should last for awhile even at those temps although I would reccomend some sort of aftermarket cooling, might help your temps anyways.

Back