temp monitor in Vista

The eternal ALL OS COMPATIBLE TEMP MONITOR....a laser temp monitor pointed at the die, sitting next to your case...monitored by a webcam, hooked to your computer..running in a window, recording 24/7!!!! it's the most high tech way to do the most low tech thing.

/joking off

honestly, I have been looking too, but everything I used to use doesn't run well in vista. nothing that's vista compatible seems to be able to read my board sensor, yet. I used SysTool in XP, but doesn't like Vista, in its current revision, it seems (for my board).

Edit: Try Everest Ultimate, free edition, maybe? Might work for you...won't read my chip in Vista. I'm thinking I'll need to Run VirtualPC2007 to virtualize XP inside of vista...just to read my temps...lol

I'm running Vista Premium 32bit and I have CoreTemp, TAT and Asus Probe II running, mostly just CoreTemp though...

If you cannot get it to run reliably, try running it as Administrator, works for me.

I just installed core temp earlier today on Retail Vista Ultimate. Works fine, of course I'm logged in as True Administrator and thus bypassing UAC all together.

Ultimate only...

Right click on "Computer" choose "Manage"

Computer Management
-System Tools
--Local Users and Groups
---Users

Right click on "Administrator" choose "Properties"
Type in the name you want to log in with/show on Start Menu
uncheck "Account is disabled"

Log off, log back in under the new account, set a password through the users Control Panel Applet. Viola, "True Administrator" rights just like you had in XP, no UAC and doesn't lock the temp dir like it does if you just turn UAC off, which creates some issues with installers like Adobe. And no more need to "run as administrator".

Back