Tell me I'm not totally effed. (Win2k3)

Order

Gawd
I'm running the 180 day evaluation copy on my new server. I am on day 4 of this trial. Something weird happened to the memory so I had to reset the CMOS. When I got to Windows, it said my trial was over. The date in the BIOS was reset to factory and therefore was seen by Windows as past its expiration.
I'm going to have to reinstall everything, aren't I?
Tell me I'm wrong.

I changed the date to today's, yes, but the OS still says its expired.
I know I could reinstall but I have put a hell of a lot of time into the current configuration that I don't want to lose if I don't have to.

I know that.
This is the server for my job and they were going to put out the money in a few months for the non-trial version upgrade. The budget is tight.

Do you happen to have a MSDN subscription? That would cover you on the MSDN version. Or, you could go ahead and buy a copy and to an upgrade to make you legit.

Even development and test system need backups...

Call MS support and explain the problem. Since you are looking to buy they will probably be quite helpful.

Don't have MSDN, and I'm going to get the legit version when my job gives me the money for it in a few months. Its a private school and their IT budget is based on the tuition cycles.

Broberts, thats a good idea. For some reason I didn't even think of that lol.
Thanks for your help :).

Back