Televisions That Will Hook Directly Up To A Computer

FragMagnet

[H]ard|Gawd
We have Costco here in Can. ( I heard they are a derivitive of Sams Club, but can't confirm it) anyway, all their large TV's or stereo equip. has model #'s exlusive to Costco. You can't really compare it to the stereo or electronics shops, even though the model #'s are similar and they appear the same, you just don't know? In most cases, Costco buys the equipment with the clause that they handle the warranty, not the manufacturer. Similar to OEM computer equipment, the manufacturer only covers the first 30 days. After that it's up to the vendor to offer longer warranties if they want ?
Not sure if this is what your encountering, but it sounded so similar that I thought I'd pass it along.

yah, I ended up returning the TV. it was waaaay more difficult then I ever thought. I thought it would be hook-up; set Rez; and your done (like a big PC monitor).....but phooey.

thanks everyone for their help, though.

all it cost me was a strained back....(that beeeyatch is HEAVY)

Originally posted by lukebuz
yah, I ended up returning the TV. it was waaaay more difficult then I ever thought. I thought it would be hook-up; set Rez; and your done (like a big PC monitor).....but phooey.

thanks everyone for their help, though.

all it cost me was a strained back....(that beeeyatch is HEAVY)

Odd. That's all I have to do with my plasma. Granted, my plasma has a VGA port... ;)

We have Costco here in Can. ( I heard they are a derivitive of Sams Club, but can't confirm it)
Sam Walton founded both Wal-Mart and Sams Club.

Sam Walton = Wal-Mart
Sam Walton = Sams Club

James Sinegal founded Costco

James Sinegal = Costco?

But it really is true.

wait, lets go back to this PC to HDTV thing.

are we certain its impossible?

I have a 9800pro, and a hitachi 65HDTV with a DVI input, i obviously want to hook it up, more or less as a media player.

any words on how to do this? or is it impossible?

Originally posted by darw_n
wait, lets go back to this PC to HDTV thing.

are we certain its impossible?

I have a 9800pro, and a hitachi 65HDTV with a DVI input, i obviously want to hook it up, more or less as a media player.

any words on how to do this? or is it impossible?

It's quite possible, as explained in this very thread.

Back