Tekken: Dark Ressurection for PSP! Its about Time!!

I'm more of a Soul Cal fan over Tekken.

However, fighting game's a fighting game, and the Tekken series would convert over well, I think, since it doesn't rely on half circle motions that kill Capcom games on that platform.

if that's real, i'll be buying it. I like Sould calibur and DOA4 over tekken, but it being the only 3d fighter on the psp is the best reason yet to learn it :p

Yes, it indeed another port, or "remix", but that seems to be the status quo. With it's name, you wouldn't realize it though (at least some of the other PSP ports advertised that they were ports). It still looks nice, from those blurry screens :)

Oh man, Tekken is the only 3D fighter I like (I don't really count Power Stone). I'll probably get a PSP eventually - the DS is sorely lacking in fighting games

I'd wish they hurried up with Smash Bros online already, or localize Jump Superstars. The only 3D fighting series I like is Soul Calibre, and Killer Instinct, but I'm not a huge fan of fighting games since the jump to 3D. I much prefer the Street Fighters and Mortal Kombats of the old. Get Tekken 5 for your PS2 instead, since it's likely the better version (both visually, and the fact that you can play with friends without having separate UMD's).

steviep said:
I'd wish they hurried up with Smash Bros online already, or localize Jump Superstars. The only 3D fighting series I like is Soul Calibre, and Killer Instinct, but I'm not a huge fan of fighting games since the jump to 3D. I much prefer the Street Fighters and Mortal Kombats of the old. Get Tekken 5 for your PS2 instead, since it's likely the better version (both visually, and the fact that you can play with friends without having separate UMD's).

First I'm going to get Tekken Tag (Tekken Bowl FTW). I've been wanting a psp anyway, I actually play on my ds more than anything: lunch breaks, during my commute. When I get home I don't play much at all.

I'm not willing to pay $50 for Jump Superstars, and I highly doubt Bleach will ever get localized. That game's not very importable because of the huge amount of text and the card system

steviep said:

Killer Instinct and KI2 are 2d

psp version of the arcade version of dark ressurection, sweet. should be great fun :D
tekken finally on psp.

tekken > all other fighters - street fighter. :D

steviep said:
Em a lot of us dont own ps2s!! you always assume everyone has a ps2!! why has everyone bought mario ds, did you not convince them to get the console version instead. I think you dont like anything other than nintendo doing well for itself! Just kidding.
Basically you dont like any game or any series that hasnt been on some sort of nintendo,

It's not a sequel or just the arcade version of T5...it's sort of like an "expansion pack."
They added a few characters (including a revamped Armor King), tweaked some of the wall attacks and tech roll traps, and gave everyone a couple of new moves. I'd compare it to the changes that the Tekken 3 cast got in Tekken Tag, but without all of the new characters.
Still, with T5 being so good (and more balanced), this game is one of the best fighters of all time. Too bad arcades are dead over here in the States and this is the only way 95% of fans will ever play it. That is unless they "upgrade" it for the PS3 like they did Tekken Tag for the PS2.

Rash said:
Em a lot of us dont own ps2s!! you always assume everyone has a ps2!! why has everyone bought mario ds, did you not convince them to get the console version instead. I think you dont like anything other than nintendo doing well for itself! Just kidding.
Basically you dont like any game or any series that hasnt been on some sort of nintendo,

What's your problem? I told SLARTI to get the PS2 version, since he indeed has a PS2 (as do I). As you can clearly see, the message was directed at him, not at everyone. If I didn't have a PS2 already, I would have a PSP as well (since many of the games on the PSP are PS2 ports or "expansion packs" that I would certainly play). Tekken is OK, but I much prefer the 2D-style fighting games. I guess that includes KI as well. This has nothing to do with Mario DS, despite the fact that it was one of the only "expansion pack" style ports on the DS. This has to do with Tekken, which clearly looks good - but is also clearly for those who can't own the PS2 version. I certainly wouldn't want to own both, but if I had to choose one, I'd personally choose the console version. Why? Bigger screens and local multiplayer rocks! :D That doesn't take anything away from this revamp of Tekken 5, it just means that if I were to own one, it would be its big brother.

if you want a handheld 3d fighter (infact the first handheld 3d fighting game!) its a no brainer, cant wait for soul calibur on the psp either!

kohan69 said:
just hope that square button wouldn't get stuck on that combo! :p

My january 05 jap psp seems fine on street fighter 3 double upper (excellent arcade conversion btw!) even special moves are dead easy to pull off!

I don't think we'll see Dark Resurrection on the PS2. It could handle it (much better than the PSP I might add), but they've already said that there will be a Tekken game ready to go for the PS3. We'll likely see a hyped-up version of it for the PS3, perhaps even a "Tag" variation on it with improved graphics. Either that or they have something odd planned like a Tekken 6 or maybe even a horrid spin-off.
The problem is, I doubt the Tekken team could be working on that AND a D.R. conversion for the PS2 at the same time.

steviep said:
I'd personally choose the console version. Why? Bigger screens and local multiplayer rocks! :D That doesn't take anything away from this revamp of Tekken 5, it just means that if I were to own one, it would be its big brother.

So get the version of Mario Kart DD and Smash Bros on the 'cube, pick up a N64 and Mario64 less than the price of Mario DS, as by your standards, it would be better on a bigger screen than a DS screen....

Your obvious bias towards Nintendo is hilarious. Can't ppl just enjoy the games instead of picking a corporation that just shafts you everytime?

That looks awesome....and look steviep no blurry shots ;)

There needs to be an online mode tho....

Yeah, I can't see playing this without buttons to sidestep [r2/l2].. would be GREAT for wan/net mp tho.

Tigerblade said:
That looks awesome....and look steviep no blurry shots ;)

There needs to be an online mode tho....

The new screenshots don't look bad, for a machine that's not as powerful as a 6 year old console :)

So get the version of Mario Kart DD and Smash Bros on the 'cube, pick up a N64 and Mario64 less than the price of Mario DS, as by your standards, it would be better on a bigger screen than a DS screen....

Your obvious bias towards Nintendo is hilarious. Can't ppl just enjoy the games instead of picking a corporation that just shafts you everytime?

Well, Mario Kart DD for the Cube is quite a bit different from MK on the DS, first off. Smash Bros doesn't exist for the DS, and Mario 64 is one of the only examples of what the PSP has a lot of (ports that have added content) on the DS. But what did my statement have ANYTHING to do with Nintendo? NOTHING, so stop with the idiotic statements as such. I said if I had to choose a version of Tekken, I would definately choose the one that I can play with FRIENDS on the big screen TV. You know what friends are, right? OK good. Yeah, fighting games are generally enjoyed better when you're playing with other people in the room. At least by me. Playing them alone or online without seeing who you're playing = teh suck.

i think it looks awesome and its what i bought a PSP for. but i sold it about 5months back.

steviep said:
The new screenshots don't look bad, for a machine that's not as powerful as a 6 year old console :)

DS games dont look bad for a machine that is not as powerful as a ten year old console! Whats your point!? :confused:

Rash said:
DS games dont look bad for a machine that is not as powerful as a ten year old console! Whats your point!? :confused:

I'm guessing his point is that the PSP was hyped to be a "portable PS2"--I don't recall anyone 'hyping' the DS as a portable N64 (at least not without tongue firmly planted in cheek).

Ok fair enough, a lot of people assumed it.
Right back on topic,
PLEASE KEEP IT STRICTLY PSP AND TEKKEN PSP,

KEEP THE NINTENDO STUFF OUT PLEASE, YOU CAN MAKE OTHER THREADS UP FOR COMPARISONS ETC, ME INCLUDED!!

Anyway, lets hope they bring tekken bowl back as a mini game! That was awesome! I also hope the game is as smooth as ridgeracer.

Rash said:
Ok fair enough, a lot of people assumed it.
Right back on topic,
PLEASE KEEP IT STRICTLY PSP AND TEKKEN PSP,

KEEP THE NINTENDO STUFF OUT PLEASE, YOU CAN MAKE OTHER THREADS UP FOR COMPARISONS ETC, ME INCLUDED!!

Anyway, lets hope they bring tekken bowl back as a mini game! That was awesome! I also hope the game is as smooth as ridgeracer.

I plan on getting Tekken Tag almost exclusively for Tekken Bowl :D

I got this game when it came out a day or 2 ago. It's very fun. I've always liked soul calibur better than tekken, but now that i've spent a lot of time with tekken i think it's just about as much fun as sc is for me. I would highly recommend this game, there's no online vs. play which is a bummer, but you can download ghosts of good players to learn new moves, and the psp-psp mulitplayer is flawless. Me and a friend have played like 20 matches and it is just as fluid as single player, no lag at all, unless you get interference that is.

Short load times, tons of modes and characters, rock solid gameplay.

Back