Tekken 7 Loses Playable Character Roger the Kangaroo to Public Shaming from PETA

No they haven't. You've conflated two separate things.

Namco chose to pre-emptively drop Roger the kangeroo because the backlash against a viral video of a guy punching a kangaroo showed an increase in the vocality of people against such things.

The writer of the linked-to article then independently decided to ask PETA, after the fact, what their take was on Namco choosing to drop Roger, and PETA then gave a quote.

Reading comprehension - it's a useful skill to have.

As is reading the linked-to articles instead of just believing the title of an article you've read on the internet and wading in guns blazing.

Meanwhile Roger Jr, the boxing kangaroo, has sadly been cut. “There was a video of a man’s dog being headlocked by a kangaroo, and he punched it in the face”, Harada says. “It turned into a big problem. People were complaining about him punching a kangaroo. It seems that in the last few years there’s a lot more animal activists – even though they probably wouldn’t play our game they would still hear about that, about a kangaroo in our game being punched, and would complain about it.” Kuma the bear is still in the game, though, because a bear is “obviously stronger than a human being”.

Personally, I think it's about time. My sensibilities are assaulted just recalling the barbarism of the thousands of atrocities committed towards tortoises, all in the name of "entertainment" in the Mario series.

You've obviously never witnessed my dog breaking into my pantry.

Have him help you with your taxes then..............

PETA and it's animal loving people don't play these games, why would they want to disrupt other people's ideas and work? There are hundreds of research centers that use dogs and other animals scattered all over the United States, why don't they do something about those instead of a fictional Kangaroo in a video game??

They should've just switched the character into a Robo-Roo. Nobody would give a crap about beating up a robot.

I admit I didn't go thru the whole thread... sorry if that was already said :) but you sure that's a bright move ? I mean.. AI and Robot overlords are the next rulers right ?

I admit I didn't go thru the whole thread... sorry if that was already said :) but you sure that's a bright move ? I mean.. AI and Robot overlords are the next rulers right ?

Yar, that's true. It'll be either AI/Robot Overlords or Giant Ant Overloards that will rule next. With that said, I don't think our new Overlords will care who did or didn't want us to beat up robo-kangaroos, and they will indiscriminately use our flesh to power their engines of destruction.

Yar, that's true. It'll be either AI/Robot Overlords or Giant Ant Overloards that will rule next. With that said, I don't think our new Overlords will care who did or didn't want us to beat up robo-kangaroos, and they will indiscriminately use our flesh to power their engines of destruction.

Well just to be on the safe side, I've stopped hitting the remote once battery are low... I just replace them every day hoping my good deeds will be remembered :D

played mortal kombat as a kid...didnt kill anyone growing up
played tekken kangaroo as a kid...didnt beat up any animals growing up

namco tekken in the ess hole :D maybe after they're done getting wrecked in the rectum, they can release the DLC w/ kangaroo in it

It took me going to google.com (have you fucking heard of it before?) and searching "peta abuses animals" to find sources...

1. 2005 - https://www.consumerfreedom.com/pre...mal-cruelty-charges-for-killing-dumping-dogs/
2. 2013 - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2305571/Shocking-photos-reality-PETA-animal-home.html
3. 2015 - https://www.ncronline.org/blogs/eco...-are-put-down-group-calls-them-mercy-killings

Next time, actually look it up before you yap your gums idiot.

Did you know that baseless assertions rot your teeth? Look it up.

Next time, actually look it up before you yap your gums idiot.

Name calling and cursing, nice. These aren't personal attacks though, so please don't take them as such. I can look things up just fine but that's not the point. You cited nothing in your extreme accusation, and the onus is on the accuser for providing evidence. "Look it up" attempts to excuse this and fails, because (a) is not my responsibility to prove your statements, and (b) this kind of comment decreases the quality of posts in a forum, exacerbating issues like the echo chamber effect. The point is, you can do better next time, but only if you get the negative feedback.

On to the contents of the citations. The NCR article is actually a fascinating read, clearly spun to appear balanced but really only affirms views critical of PETA. DailyMail isn't a serious source of journalism, and proves it here, basing their entire article on photos of trash bags and a travel euthanasia kit. And the Consumer Freedom link appears intended to incite, not even bothering to present another side (followup to that story, the men were found not guilty of everything but the dumping: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16950980/...courts/t/peta-workers-cleared-animal-cruelty/).

But in none of that were they accused of abusing animals. Euthanizing, yes - but if you've ever had to mercifully kill an animal, you know it can be done without suffering and abuse.

A shame I'm boycotting this game over this stupidity....Almost as bad as Injustice 2 not coming to PC...I guess I'm stuck waiting for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite...hope they don't pull out Rocket Racoon over these ignorant morons....Well, Street Fighter 5 is pretty good.

Back