Teh horror teh story!!! Please 3xplain!!!

MaXimus

[H]ard|Gawd
First of all.........the previous system configuration which the story is about is as follows:

Intel Pentium 4 3.2E GHz. @ 3.4 GHz.
MSI 875P Neo
MSI GeForce FX5950 Ultra 256 MB DDR @ 500 Core/ 1 GHz. Memory
Ram Bo 2 GB DDR400 RAM (CL2.5)
Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value
ViewSonic19 Inch LCD VG910B (25MS/600:1 Ratio)
Plextor 716A DVD-RW +/- Drive (16X Read/16X Write/48X Read/48X Write)
1 MB/256 kbps Motorola SURFboard Cable Modem
Windows XP Professional

I was using my computer normally......then I wanted to copy some movies from drive F: to Drive E: so I cut/paste them and Im waiting. but the computer suddenly freezed. So I restarted....
I got a message saying that the file xxxx.dll is corrupt and Windows needs to be re-installed.

So here we go I slap my original XP Pro SP2 CD in and ran setup, when I reached teh formatting phase...... I got a message that my HDD is either corrupt or damaged! Crap! I went out and bought another SATA 160 GB HDD!

But I got the same message again that the HDD is corrupt! So I thought maybe it's my SATA cable! I got another SATA cable and i plugged it in....... Now here is teh horror!

I turned on the system.......then I started smelling something burning.......after about 20 seconds smoke was coming out of teh case! It seemed to me that the northbridgegot burned!

Thank god the CPU and video card, etc. are all working! I had 4 512 MB Ram Bo RAM chipsets. 1 got burned and the 4th one got burned as well!

But anyway the new 865p neo2 motherboard I have has only 3 RAM slots so that's fine!

But what I wanna know is.......what on earth happened? I have yet to see something like this happen to a system! :rolleyes:

compslckr said:
did you overvolt the northbridge by alot or something?
I didn't overvolt anything! All I did was overclocked by 200 MHz. by simply increasing the system FSB.

But it was running like this for 8 months fine and dandy :rolleyes:

you made no mention of your power supply. is it a cheapie? could be that the voltage is shitty on it and it damaged the northbridge, although it's difficult to even conceive of a reason (aside from poor cooling) that the NB would just burn up.

m0unds said:
you made no mention of your power supply. is it a cheapie? could be that the voltage is shitty on it and it damaged the northbridge, although it's difficult to even conceive of a reason (aside from poor cooling) that the NB would just burn up.
400W Fujitech PW with 3 fans preinstalled in it! Rear, bottom, and front sides!

Cheap-o PSUs tend to have much lower voltages than they claim, and they also tend to have a very low amped 12v rail. The number of fans in your PSU doesn't affect its performance, and stop using exclamation marks. Thanks. :)

there needs to be a rule for no fagtalk "teh" and shit in the title AT LEAST, I would ban anyone that typed that other than an actual spelling mistake. Fuckin kids. ;)

thabub said:
there needs to be a rule for no fagtalk "teh" and shit in the title AT LEAST, I would ban anyone that typed that other than an actual spelling mistake. Fuckin kids. ;)
but I am not teh k!D :rolleyes:

I am 21 y34r$! 0LD!!!

So you guys think that overclocking along with my cheap PSU caused teh horror teh story to occur?

If i don't overclock do you think I would face this again? Or do i definately n33d to upgrade teh PSU?

No. Your PSU didn't have enough power to supply your system. Did it ever occur to you that a CPU running at a faster speed will require more power? Try a new one, get an Antec Neopower 480W, it's like $65 after rebate at Provantage.com.

MaXimus666 said:
Alright I will. Teh thank$ to teh j00 :D
try and buy something thats practically indestructable, look for a PSU from Fortron those are really good PSUs. also, the 1337 speak isn't looking to good right now so try typing normally for once. even though we all are gamers here there is a time and place for everything.

i had a problem with my HDD being "corrupt" one time, telling me i didn't have enough space to reinstall Win98 (this was a while ago, it was with some stock 10GB HDD). It was actually the BIOS. I don't recall what i did to fix it, but a little tinkering sorted everything out. by the way, what PSU would you recommend for OCing? i would guess a 500W.

Not to flame or anything, but are you (original poster) serious? While I'm all for throwing some humerously mis-spelled words into posts, all of this '1337' speak makes it really hard to take you or your problems seriously. Just a thought. :D

insanarchist said:
Not to flame or anything, but are you (original poster) serious? While I'm all for throwing some humerously mis-spelled words into posts, all of this '1337' speak makes it really hard to take you or your problems seriously. Just a thought.
d00d, I w!$h I was k!dd!ng :(

But unforunately teh story is teh tr00 :(

And about teh 1337 t4lk, I thought 90% of us are teh g4m3r$ h3r3 :rolleyes:

So to us, this should be teh n4+!v3 teh l4ngu4g3 :(

Aren't you an 1337 gamer like teh m3?

MaXimus666 said:
So you guys think that overclocking along with my cheap PSU caused teh horror teh story to occur?

If i don't overclock do you think I would face this again? Or do i definately n33d to upgrade teh PSU?
You are so fucken annoying with teh. I wanna rip your balls off and stuff them down your throat and see if you can say teh anymore.

thabub said:

yeah i know what you mean, speicaly those people who cuss because they think they win at teh inf40zn3t.........kekekekekeke~ :rolleyes:

soulsaver_8229

soulsaver_8229 said:
yeah i know what you mean, speicaly those people who cuss because they think they win at teh inf40zn3t.........kekekekekeke~ :rolleyes:

soulsaver_8229

why do you type "soulsaver_8229" at the end of your post? What you think this is some kind of poem or article you wrote? we can all clearly see your bloody nickname you dont need to remind us

MaXimus :rolleyes:

MaXimus666 said:
d00d, I w!$h I was k!dd!ng :(

But unforunately teh story is teh tr00 :(

...yadda fucking yadda I live in my mother's basement...

God fucking damn that's annoying. That was old about 5 years ago. :rolleyes:

MaXimus666 said:
LOL teh h! to teh cop$ :)

How is teh j00?

good god, that is the gayest thing ever. that was cool back when "all your base are belong to us" was the cool thing to say, and everyone who was 1337 had it in their sig :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: then everyone realized they were actually GAY instead of COOL...surprise surprise, and now hardly anyone ever talks 1337 unless its like, one word just cuz...and even then it honestly makes them look just retarded, unless its' a called-for situation. honestly, it just looks dumb, and its so unreadable that nobody is going to give you any kind of legit answer most of the time, especially if you just dick around like a fruit-pie

anyways, g0 fv(|< y0vR531F |-|0/\/\053xU41, 134R|\| +0 +41|<

wow, could anyone read that? what a waste of time it took me to type that....

Stop saying frikking 'teh'! It's almost alright if you say it in a 'that was teh cool' kind of thing, but when you then add 'teh me' it becomes stupid and stops making sense. \

Anyways, get a FSP supplie. Good stuff.

Back