Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Konami announce a new collection of classic games containing their entire archive of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles licensed releases, including both Japanese and international versions. Every game Konami ever made using the license across all 8-bit, 16-bit, and arcade are being included. Thanks to TheSandman21.

https://www.konami.com/games/tmntcollection/
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade) *
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (Arcade) *
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (NES)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (Super Nintendo)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo) *
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis) *
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Sega Genesis)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of The Foot Clan (Game Boy)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers (Game Boy)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)
* These games include online multiplayer functionality.

They legit added Online play to Turtles in Time and the Arcade Game?

Forget TAKE MAH MONEY, I'm literally gonna be throwing it at them!
I loved the Turtle arcade games back in the day. Me and my friends use to play them on MAME too. I loved/hated the first NES one. I kept playing it but always got stuck on the part before taking the balloon plane. I never could figure out what I needed to do there as a kid.

I wish they would have also included the remake of turtles in time. I'm still buying this though

They legit added Online play to Turtles in Time and the Arcade Game?

Forget TAKE MAH MONEY, I'm literally gonna be throwing it at them!

I really like all the classic Contra, Konami, Castlevania, Street Fighter, MK, KOF, and now Turtles of all things collections that came out. Not all have online and the fact that TIT and TTA have it an instant sell. A few other things that sneaked in are the good Gauntlet new/reboot, there have been a few Double Dragons, Streets of Rage 4, a River City Rampage follow up complete with 8bit NES graphics, and Wind Jammers from the NeoGeo got a reboot as well.

I think we've hit the point where a lot of people got the clue that people like the old stuff and you can sell it to the next generations as well. Cheap to make, sells like fucking crazy.

I'd really like to get Capcoms AVP with online.

More beat em ups with online, more shoot em ups with online all retro style please! And with the Steam Deck this is the ticket.

I loved the Turtle arcade games back in the day. Me and my friends use to play them on MAME too. I loved/hated the first NES one. I kept playing it but always got stuck on the part before taking the balloon plane. I never could figure out what I needed to do there as a kid.

The NES one was famous for the BS water stage.
No online play in Turtles 3? Hard pasd on this tripe. 👎
Meh? I mean really the sell on any turtles game is going to be the arcade and in time anyways.

I hope this works well as a prelude to "Shredder's Revenge" (or whatever the new beat-em-up may be called) supposedly debuting this summer. Still, if priced well people will likely sign on just for the arcade titles alone. However, I hope they do something to make it worth buying atop simply grabbing the ROMs for these systems originally.

The NES one was famous for the BS water stage.

Meh? I mean really the sell on any turtles game is going to be the arcade and in time anyways.

Maybe in your opinion, but not mine. Turtles 3 is a far superior game in my opinion than Turtles Arcade or 4.

I remember playing TMNT on arcade 30 years ago at Shakey's pizza and it was cool lol

I think it's awesome that they are bringing it to PC>

So a Youtuber posted a preview of the Cowabunga Collection that he got at SDCC, and it certainly looks like a labor of love from the developers with all the features they've put in:

It's honestly impressive what they've done; in additions to what was discussed in that Youtube video from SDCC, they've added features to most of the games that didn't exist in the original games; Want more enemies in the arcade games, choose your starting level or just want to whup on foot clan goons with god mode? You've got those options.

Want to remove the slowdown and sprite flicker from the NES games? You can do that too.

Want to play as the boss characters in the SNES and Sega versions of Tournament Fighters? No problemo!

Want to enable friendly fire in The Hyperstone Heist? Sure thing!

For example - here's what optional enchancements you can enable for the arcade version of Turtles in Time:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/IU2002/screenshots/

IMO God mode ruins the fun of these games. Not nearly the same satisfaction as having to put in some effort to clear the game. I think it would have been better for them to give it to you as a reward for finishing the game.

I wish they would have included some of the 90s cartoon episodes rather than have still images from them.

Damn, never would have expected Konami of all people to pour love into TMNT. Good shit.
Seems Konami is spinning up their gaming division again. Supposedly there is a MGS 3 remake in the works and Silent Hill. I can't wait for the Suikoden remasters. They still have a lot of work to rebuild trust with the gaming community tho.

Back