Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

Looking forward to it - didn't think I'd still be into these types of games but really enjoyed playing through Streets of Rage 4 with my son, so I'll definitely be playing through this game with him.

Comes out June 16.

Dotemu once again teamed up with LRG to bring physical editions. PS4 and Switch only, unfortunately.
https://limitedrungames.com/product...tles-shredders-revenge-radical-edition-switch

1654802344716.png

Looks like a Big Box PC edition is planned for down the road, just with less of the goodies:
https://limitedrungames.com/collect...revenge-pc-big-box-edition-pc#product-details

I think these sorts of big box things are best for consoles anyways. The switch is ideal for it because you can put it on a display shelf with your switch as well, and it also uses physical carts. It's sort of ideal. I mean I'll buy a digital on steam and get the collectors for the switch.

Played a little before work. It's decent, but fairly easy, even on the hardest difficulty, especially in multiplayer mode.

I wonder if that has to do with some people complaining that Streets of Rage 4 was too hard.
Not sure. Was playing in a group of 6, and made it 7 stages before I quit. There were only 4 deaths through all 7 stages, and you can revive players. Also, you can taunt which basically gives you an invincible super move. That's pretty much all that I was doing. Taunt, super, taunt, super, etc. The people who died just never used their super or taunt.

Played a little before work. It's decent, but fairly easy, even on the hardest difficulty, especially in multiplayer mode.

Arcade mode or Story mode?

Anywho, I did buy it and played it through immidietly. Yes it was not very challenging (story mode, medium) and it is way too easy to cheese the super attacks BUT I had good old nostalgic fun! Good game for us with warm memories on TMNT2, 3 and Turtles In Time. The game could a bit longer though, 3 hours for the campaign. But then again I'm not sure what would be a good length for a beat em up game like this. But definetly worth the 22 bucks.

Arcade mode or Story mode?

Anywho, I did buy it and played it through immidietly. Yes it was not very challenging (story mode, medium) and it is way too easy to cheese the super attacks BUT I had good old nostalgic fun! Good game for us with warm memories on TMNT2, 3 and Turtles In Time. The game could a bit longer though, 3 hours for the campaign. But then again I'm not sure what would be a good length for a beat em up game like this. But definetly worth the 22 bucks.

Story mode is odd. There's a lot of odd quests but then you can go back and play levels. I dunno games like this are for arcade anyways stuff story in a body bag and be done with it.

The dev is famous for good DLC as well. SOR4 had the endless levels tossed in later along with more characters. I can see them doing that here.

FWIW the OG games weren't very hard either. They weren't so much quarter suckers as they were often stationed in places like movie theaters where you'd get dragged away into the movie before you could run through them. All those 4p arcade games were notoriously easy. But the way they made their money is someone would have to go to get their food or to their movie and someone would step in. So there would be this never ending rotation of people just cycling through the game over and over.

We've already had a gauntlet rework that was nice and an X-men one. Lets do Golden Axe, AVP, Captain Commando, and for the hell of it toss in D&D.

I should also note that for all who thought this game would be shallow it's not. It's not SOR4 styling on idiots at max difficulty and laughing about it with stupid juggles, but it does hit the beats. It's basics, but there are a lot of basics and you don't have to focus down on them too much.
I wonder if that has to do with some people complaining that Streets of Rage 4 was too hard.

SOR was always a "hard" beat em up. SOR's calling card was you sort of had to know the engine to work it. But "hard" for a beat em up is an odd question. It's not that hard though. You just have to approach it sort of like a fighter. But there's also an odd coin-up history moment here. SNK, Konami, Capcom, Sega were all in the beat em up market. But two of them were building quarter suckers, and two of them were also selling home consoles at the time (three if you count the TG-16 but Konami didn't port crap to it). So there's this odd thing between all of them. Sega and SNK made some deap beaters, Konami and Capcom went for low hanging fruit. Their are exceptions (compare AVP to Final Fight on the Capcom side for one major) but you can see issues.

It's an age issue. If you grew up with coin ops SOR4 is a joke. And TMNT is no easier than the other ones.

I'd like for a schmup revolution as well while I'm in get off my lawn mode.

FWIW the OG games weren't very hard either. They weren't so much quarter suckers
The mechanic where if you do the both buttons super attack, it takes a chunk off your health always felt like super quarter sucker to me. But if you trained yourself not to do that one, they were probably fine.

The mechanic where if you do the both buttons super attack, it takes a chunk off your health always felt like super quarter sucker to me. But if you trained yourself not to do that one, they were probably fine.

You can actually flawless the NES one just with jump dive kicks only, the arcade ones are harder but you still never have to use that move to one quarter them.

Was about to make a thread in the main gaming forum for this since it's cross platform and assuming most will play it on consoles for local multiplayer with the fam and such. Figures the PCMR peeps put it here 😜.

Anyways, just picked this up on Switch to play with the fam while we're on vacation. Just saw DF's video on it and it seems to chug a bit with 5-6 players on there, but wondering how it is with only 2-4 players. Anyone else get this on Switch? Will be playing it this evening after dinner, so looking forward to it then.

Played through maybe 3 or 4 stages on the weekend with friends online co-op, was super fun and lots of nostalgia, worth the $25CAD on Steam. One annoying thing is since one friend was on Xbox Game Pass with us being on Steam, we had to waste 15min figuring out how to party together: the answer is signing into Epic Game Store and linking it to your Steam account.

Was about to make a thread in the main gaming forum for this since it's cross platform and assuming most will play it on consoles for local multiplayer with the fam and such. Figures the PCMR peeps put it here 😜.

Anyways, just picked this up on Switch to play with the fam while we're on vacation. Just saw DF's video on it and it seems to chug a bit with 5-6 players on there, but wondering how it is with only 2-4 players. Anyone else get this on Switch? Will be playing it this evening after dinner, so looking forward to it then.

FWIW I think this is a network issue? I've seen slowdown with a 1090k 3090ti 32gb server grade u.2 ssd and also on the switch. Even on TWO players. I've also seen it play flawlessly with more. It's hit or miss.

Back