Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

I see they're still flipping sprites instead of drawing them an alternative stance with their weapons in the correct hand. Back then it was excusable to save resorces, but now!?
I'm sure its a purposeful homage to the era

*it also makes animating a whole lot easier

Quasi related and I didn't see a thread for the game but Streets of Rage 4's DLC is out. It's really good actually.

How the hell does an SNES quality game require 4GB of RAM? Didn't the original SNES have like 128KB of RAM? lmao

How the hell does an SNES quality game require 4GB of RAM? Didn't the original SNES have like 128KB of RAM? lmao

anything on Windows is going to eat gobs of RAM anyways. it's a PC, you lose 40% performance right off the bat because of that. and RAM requirements also take into account what the OS is going to eat as well.

anything on Windows is going to eat gobs of RAM anyways. it's a PC, you lose 40% performance right off the bat because of that. and RAM requirements also take into account what the OS is going to eat as well.
I get that, but when you've got games like Stardew Valley requiring 2GB of RAM it makes this Ninja Turtles remake look ridiculous. Seems like either extremely poor optimization, or they're lying.

I get that, but when you've got games like Stardew Valley requiring 2GB of RAM it makes this Ninja Turtles remake look ridiculous. Seems like either extremely poor optimization, or they're lying.
Why are you getting so hung up on system requirements? Have you played the game yet? Do you develop anything to be able to make the qualified statement about it being "poor" optimization?

Why are you getting so hung up on system requirements? Have you played the game yet? Do you develop anything to be able to make the qualified statement about it being "poor" optimization?
"Qualified statement"? Yeah, I've got something to qualify that statement. It's called 30+ years on computers. I was programming before you were born. Don't act like a pseudo intellectual asshat.

You'd think someone with "30+ years on computers" would realize something so basic. Something something pseudo intellectual I heard....
And here is where the zoomers show their absolute ignorance.

Steam still runs on a ton of operating systems, including:

Windows 7
Requires 1GB of RAM.

Windows 8 / 8.1
Also requires, 1GB of RAM.

Windows 10
Wow, still only requires 1GB of RAM.

So what you're saying is a 2D platformer that could have run on an SNES that only had 128KB of RAM somehow requires around 3GB of RAM when not accounting the minimum required to run the OS.

You have no clue how anything works. Can't say I blame you though. You were raised on idiot proof touchscreen iPads and computers with color coded ports that you used to only see with children's toys. No wonder you can't figure this stuff out.

Windows 7
Requires 1GB of RAM.

Windows 8 / 8.1

Windows 10

So what you're saying is a 2D platformer that could have run on an SNES that only had 128KB of RAM somehow requires around 3GB of RAM when not accounting the minimum required to run the OS.

You have no clue how anything works. Can't say I blame you though. You were raised on idiot proof touchscreen iPads and computers with color coded ports that you used to only see with children's toys. No wonder you can't figure this stuff out.
what was you old username here? your attitude seems familiar....
ps: its not a snes game.

Windows 7
Requires 1GB of RAM.

Windows 8 / 8.1

Windows 10

So dime a thousand internet intellectual, do you know what engine it is running on? Think they designed one from ground up or are using a snes emulation, or is it more likely Unity or something similar?

what was you old username here? your attitude seems familiar....
ps: its not a snes game.
I've lurked here on and off for about 20 years. If I had an account back then I couldn't tell you what it was.

I very obviously know it's not an SNES game. I also know that there is going to be some overhead required to run even simple retro games in a modern operating system, but there is a massive different between building an extra store room at an office for a couple hundred boxes, and building an 80 story skyscapper for the same amount of boxes. 4GB for that simplistic of a game is overkill, and poor programming.

This is the same argument I've had with modern AAA games and their hard drive requirements. Warzone just shaved about 30GB off of it's total size after enough people complained. That means there was literally 30GB of stuff that either wasn't needed at all, or was massively unoptimized. On the flipside, Titanfall 2 went from a launch size of 20GB, to 50GB after they switched to uncompressed audio for literally no reason. It's lazy game development practices, and it's not excusable.

I've lurked here on and off for about 20 years. If I had an account back then I couldn't tell you what it was.

I very obviously know it's not an SNES game. I also know that there is going to be some overhead required to run even simple retro games in a modern operating system, but there is a massive different between building an extra store room at an office for a couple hundred boxes, and building an 80 story skyscapper for the same amount of boxes. 4GB for that simplistic of a game is overkill, and poor programming.

This is the same argument I've had with modern AAA games and their hard drive requirements. Warzone just shaved about 30GB off of it's total size after enough people complained. That means there was literally 30GB of stuff that either wasn't needed at all, or was massively unoptimized. On the flipside, Titanfall 2 went from a launch size of 20GB, to 50GB after they switched to uncompressed audio for literally no reason. It's lazy game development practices, and it's not excusable.

1626726739871.jpeg

So dime a thousand internet intellectual, do you know what engine it is running on? Think they designed one from ground up or are using a snes emulation, or is it more likely Unity or something similar?
Doesn't matter. You can create an engine from scratch, as almost all companies back in the day did. Or be cheap / lazy and use something like Unity or Unreal, but even then, it's still possible to optimize your game more than just importing objects into Unity, dumping out a game, and calling it a day.

Doesn't matter. You can create an engine from scratch, as almost all companies back in the day did. Or be cheap / lazy and use something like Unity or Unreal, but even then, it's still possible to optimize your game more than just importing objects into Unity, dumping out a game, and calling it a day.
but it does, maybe buy something more than a potato.

Windows 7
Requires 1GB of RAM.

Windows 8 / 8.1

Windows 10

Wow. Yeah good luck with your windows 10 gaming rig running on one gig of RAM.You’re either just trying to troll or way past saving. Clueless doesn’t do this justice.

Wow. Yeah good luck with your windows 10 gaming rig running on one gig of RAM.You’re either just trying to troll or way past saving. Clueless doesn’t do this justice.

And you can't read. This entire argument started over what the company said the minimum requirements were, not recommend. Minimum means it will run, not run well. There's no trolling going on here, I made a statement that was reasonable, no one who debated me knew what they were talking about, and now the cope is "he's just trolling". Come back with an actual argument.

And just to add to this, the recommended specs include 8GB RAM. Seriously, 8GB for a 2D game? lmao.

I had to run a search for him. Only thing I found is he was an nvidia shill? Link me to one of his posts. I can't find any and now I'm curious.
just search idiotincharge but not users, he crossed him who shall not be crossed.

This collection includes TMNT Tournament Fighters. It was a pretty solid Street Fighter 2 clone way back when. In an era where most fighting games were trash, it was actually good. I recall Chrome Dome being a little OP'd, but it's tough to say with no arcade competition or online play back then.

This collection includes TMNT Tournament Fighters. It was a pretty solid Street Fighter 2 clone way back when. In an era where most fighting games were trash, it was actually good. I recall Chrome Dome being a little OP'd, but it's tough to say with no arcade competition or online play back then.
Tournament Fighters is a great game! The character art is so good!

I liked The Simpsons better because it was a isnane version of the originals. I did like TMNTs but it was a Quarter sucker unless you play Mame.

Last edited:
Catching up to this thread but are we really pitching fits about non compressed audio no for "reasons"? That's a GOOD thing. Also all the new vids on this make me certain it will be good.

Back