Teenage Apple Hacker Escapes Conviction

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
An Australian teenager who hacked into Apple's servers, and had access to them for about a year, pleaded guilty without getting any jail time. Instead, he got away with an 8 month probation sentence. The now 19 year old boy has been accepted into a university to study criminology and cyber security.

He downloaded 90Gb of secure files and developed computerised tunnels and online bypassing systems to hide his identity until a raid on his family home uncovered a litany of hacking files and instructions all saved in a folder titled "hacky hack hack". The FBI notified the Australian Federal Police who executed a search warrant on the teen’s home. There computers were seized with the same IP address as those which were used to hack into Apple. The teen was later subjected to a four-hour AFP interview and he has told the court he will assist the force with their "ongoing investigation".

Caught cyber criminals that turn cyber security remind me of convicted murders that find Jesus.

That's completely fucked up. Why is it that certain criminal types get off the hook, yet they do irreparable damage to millions of people. Yet a person steals a soda and can get jail time.

Last edited:
irreputable damage

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

That's completely fucked up. Why is it that certain criminal types get off the hook, yet they do irreparable damage to millions of people. Yet a person steals a soda and can get jail time.

White collar crime doesn't count. Bernie Madoff got 12 years for laying waste to thousands of people's lives, while a black kid busted for simple possession for personal use will get and average of 10 the first time. Busted a second time? 50 years.

The reason? Slave labour. Bernie wasn't going to be much good to the penal slavers, little Doqwahn is.

this encourages hackers to do harm

( as long as your from the West. Hacking big no-no if you're Eastern European or Chinese .... bad bad bad it will end the whole world bad. If you step foot on an country with extradition, i will lock you up for 10 years min sort of bad.....)

This is the exception more so than the rule. I can see the dazed and confused look when the other cybercriminal gets 20 years for disseminating private photos from a cloud storage account.

White collar crime doesn't count. Bernie Madoff got 12 years for laying waste to thousands of people's lives, while a black kid busted for simple possession for personal use will get and average of 10 the first time. Busted a second time? 50 years.

The reason? Slave labour. Bernie wasn't going to be much good to the penal slavers, little Doqwahn is.

Simple possession of a still-bleeding human head, maybe. Penal slavers? You mean the people that have to pay to keep prisoners fed and housed 24/7?

Maybe he was using a "free" VPN.

cool he used free VPN but still stupid enough not to understand where his browsing data was going or the laws for where his tracking data was being stored.

i guess he should have took a hacking 101 class before jumping into hacking 202.

never hack from home and always use someone else's internet , use a separate modem with a separate MAC ID , or use a VPN where the server is in a country where federal laws, national law/international laws do not apply
destroy the laptop and modem when done

simple

i dont even hack and i know this

Last edited:
All a VPN does is add one more step to tracking someone down. It is not going to keep you from being found, if the authorities really want to find you, but you will not learn that until you get to hacking 303.

It is a messed up justice system where people can violate your personal information, get caught, and come away with a big payday.

All a VPN does is add one more step to tracking someone down. It is not going to keep you from being found, if the authorities really want to find you, but you will not learn that until you get to hacking 303.

It is a messed up justice system where people can violate your personal information, get caught, and come away with a big payday.

you do not understand how VPN works especially if the server is in a different country where international law does not apply

I guess you think the FBI can go anywhere and retrieve data huh?

Simple possession of a still-bleeding human head, maybe. Penal slavers? You mean the people that have to pay to keep prisoners fed and housed 24/7?

You can get angry at statistical realities all you want. The average sentence for possession of crack cocaine is ten and a half years. The corporations that run penal institutions make a huge amount of your money to keep them in there and even more from the companies that rent their slaves for menial labour.

Well, now he can go to school to learn how to be an even better criminal!

Citation needed.

Really you just pull this bullshit right out of your ass don't you?

That's a real talent you have there (y)

Last edited:
This reminds me of Frank Abagnale (and the related move Catch Me If You Can) who actually worked for the government after he was finally apprehended. He actually was a speaker on fraud at a Days Inn Franchise owners convention and my dad was telling me all the little tricks that he pulled.

US DOJ statistics for federal sentences 2016, I had to look it up to wright the initial post.
You were clearly confused. Thankfully the USSC makes it super-easy to find statistics, and they even have a handy PDF right here. Go figure it shows the average sentence for Drugs - Simple Possession is 4 months...

You were clearly confused. Thankfully the USSC makes it super-easy to find statistics, and they even have a handy PDF right here. Go figure it shows the average sentence for Drugs - Simple Possession is 4 months...

Exactly, nobody is doing years just for possession. Not happening, there are either additional charges far more serious or they were violating parole for more serious charges.

But let them believe what they want.

Caught cyber criminals that turn cyber security remind me of convicted murders that find Jesus.

One crime is far worse than the other.

Also,
If you know how to break security, you know how to fix it as well.
It used to be pretty regular that hackers that broke into hardware/software/servers were later hired by big company's to fix their stuff.

Now-a-days, this rarely happens and the punishments dont fit the crimes.
If you do something heavy duty, you get off easy.
You do something kinda light duty...you get buried under the jail in some cases.

Back