Teen Charged In 'Heartbleed' Attack On Tax Agency

HardOCP News

[H] News
Authorities in Canada caught the guy that stole taxpayer data by exploiting the "Heartbleed" bug.

Canadian police have arrested a 19-year-old man and charged him in connection with exploiting the "Heartbleed" bug to steal taxpayer data from a government website, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) said on Wednesday.

I'm waiting for the actual news to come out

"19 year old with myspace page containing the words "heart" and "bleed" accidentally accesses unencrypted page containing taxpayer information found on google"

You're missing the big part of the article - Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)! Mounties still exist! Canada, eh? Moose and red-jacketed men on horses are aboot who ONLY drink beer, eat bacon, and swim in maple syrup. Maple leaves. Hockey. The toque. Apologies. Lumberjacks.

...Actually, that sounds fairly awesome. If only I could bring my guns.

We don't need gun nuts, you can stay where you are ;)
USA is all screwed up thanks to that stupid "right"...

As someone who was born, raised & living in NYC (South Bronx), I agree to this! :D I'm already in the processing stages of moving to Edmonton Alberta, Canada. It's a long wait but it'll be well worth it. My fiancee who grew up in Edmonton made me love the country :). After like 30 visits! lol

You're missing the big part of the article - Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)! Mounties still exist! Canada, eh?

Not sure if serious or joking, but for anyone that is surprised by that the RCMP are basically Canada's federal police (they where originally created as the North West Mounted Police to cover the north west territories not under provincial jurisdiction and eventually merged with the Dominion police who had similar federal jurisdiction to create the RCMP). They cover roughly the same areas as the FBI and Secret Service do in the US and depending on department wear clothes similar to normal police and FBI agents, but do retain the Mountie uniform as a dress uniform along with an actual horse mounted detachment for show and practical purposes.

We don't need gun nuts, you can stay where you are ;)
USA is all screwed up thanks to that stupid "right"...

Really? If I never watched the teevee I could go about my life never hearing of or seeing a gun for a _very_ long time. The media will have you believe guns are the devil/mayhem on earth.

The U.S. is all screwed up? Yeah right, so why do Canuks swarm across the boarder for health care? I agree that Barry is attempting to screw that up , but for the moment. it still works. Been to Canada, done business up there, and yes it is OK, but you also have some big problems.

It is our Constitution Bubba, you don't have to come her, you don't have to live or work here. Please stay up there in the snow, we have enough Liberal Bull Shit to deal with. And now I think I will go to the range and shoot my guns, because I can and you cannot.

The U.S. is all screwed up? Yeah right, so why do Canuks swarm across the boarder for health care?

Please give a neutral source for such claims. Faux News will tell you whatever you want to hear...

Why would i got to US for healthcare (unless i shit money on a living or need a super-speciality with experimental treatment available nowhere else in the world) ? Over here you dont have to go bankrupt because you went to intensive care for 3 weeks.

health care, not healthcare. They go because they have the money and do not want to wait. I'd be curious about how many Americans come over here for treatment ;)

I don't know, Google it and find something.

I'm so glad they gave me the RCMP abbreviation, I wouldn't have known what Royal Canadian Mounted Police was without that.

Heh. Living 80 miles from Mexico's border, I actually know a lot of people that go south for dental and cancer treatment because it's cheaper. They actually have good dentists with state-of-the-art equipment. They can do anything from simple cleanings, fillings, root-canals, partials and dentures.

Though it helps if you know how to speak Spanish.

You're missing the big part of the article - Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)! Mounties still exist! Canada, eh? Moose and red-jacketed men on horses are aboot who ONLY drink beer, eat bacon, and swim in maple syrup. Maple leaves. Hockey. The toque. Apologies. Lumberjacks.

...Actually, that sounds fairly awesome. If only I could bring my guns.

That image of the RCMP is a long way from the corrupt bunch of thugs and thieves that they are now. Ask the people of High River whose homes were broken into and whose property was stolen. Ask the 13,000 Canadians that will become felons if they don't surrender their previously legal re-classified rifles.

Most members you encounter on the street are stand-up folks, but the top is populated by liars, bullies and thugs. Best to leave your guns at home in the US where they are safe.

Seriously? It's not allowed to have a gun at home in Canada?

No, you can be a gun owner in Canada. We just have greater restrictions and a larger list of prohibited weapons. Fewer of us up here own guns because we just don't care about them.

Seriously? It's not allowed to have a gun at home in Canada?

You are...*buuuut* there are so many laws and regulations, none of which were written by anyone with functioning brain cells.

There are 3 classes of firearms up here...unrestricted (most long guns), restricted (handguns with barrels over 4.1 inches and a smattering of arbitrarily selected long guns), and prohibited (anything that someone thought was scary).

Recently, the RCMP reclassified two families of long guns (the Swiss Arms series and CZ858 series) from 'unrestricted' to 'prohibited'. No discussion in parliament, no nothing, with a stroke of the pen approximately 13000 Canadians are now in possession of a firearms that they cannot legally own. Please turn them in to the local constabulary. An 858 runs anywhere from 600 to north of a grand depending on configuration, and the Swiss Arms are stupidly expensive...starting around 2500, and ending up well north of 4k. Being prohibited means the owner is now in possession of a completely worthless firearm...he can't shoot it as we cannot legally transport prohibs to a shooting range, and he can't sell it because the RCMP won't issue licenses to possess prohibs anymore.

More info here:
http://abbotsfordfishandgameclub.or...ification-a-brief-explanation-of-the-gun-ban/

Parliament has helpfully tabled a 5 year amnesty on turning in the guns...how very nice of them. The RCMP member responsible for making the change took paternity leave within days of the announcement so he could avoid dealing with the backlash...how very typical.

Seeing as they got away with this move, my money is on ARs being next. They are already in the 'restricted' class (for what reason, nobody actually knows), and it will be trivial to move them to prohibited.

Back