Techpowerup: MSI Recalls MAG CoreLiquid 360R And 240R Coolers Hit by a Blockage Flaw

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
had no idea they even made aios. good to know to avoid those for now.

StormNobleheart

Limp Gawd
I bought one of the affected CPU coolers for my brother-in-law and had emergency shutdown issues. I tried getting it swapped and it keeps telling that this service is not available in your region (United States). I tried opening a support ticket and only get a blank page. I am tempted to toss it in the trash and purchase a Corsair unit at Worst Buy.

Och

n00b
Out of all the AIO junk, NZXT seem to be the most decent ones. They are also made by Asetek I think, but seem to be better quality than others.

crazycrave

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought one of the affected CPU coolers for my brother-in-law and had emergency shutdown issues. I tried getting it swapped and it keeps telling that this service is not available in your region (United States). I tried opening a support ticket and only get a blank page. I am tempted to toss it in the trash and purchase a Corsair unit at Worst Buy.
I bought mine around October 2021 before I had issues and never got around to using it and still new in the box, it came from newegg so they should handle it themself, but I get the same as you with service is not available is U.S.

StormNobleheart

Limp Gawd
This has been very frustrating. I cannot even get a ticket to open. I even registered the product with no luck. I also cannot find a phone number to call about this product. I had zero issues getting MSI to repair a defective motherboard.

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
This has been very frustrating. I cannot even get a ticket to open. I even registered the product with no luck. I also cannot find a phone number to call about this product. I had zero issues getting MSI to repair a defective motherboard.
try this line:

UNITED STATES TEL : 1-626-271-1004 Working Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00AM-6:00PM PST (Weekend and Public Holiday closed) Note: Online Customer Service Product Line: Motherboards, Graphics Cards, Gaming Gear

Out of all the AIO junk, NZXT seem to be the most decent ones. They are also made by Asetek I think, but seem to be better quality than others.

The MSI cooler in question is not made by Asetek; it's made by Apaltek. Asetek gets a bad rap because they managed to patent a waterblock with a built-in pump, and they've been suing every single one of their competitors ever since. Putting that aside, they actually do make a very solid product.

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
Putting that aside, they actually do make a very solid product.
only time ive seen them "die" is from a blocked res port. not sure if its a solder/flux issue like those msi units or if it was from cooking the fluid by using a 120mm on FX 9000s chips....
either way, ive cleaned and refurb two that are still working now...