[TechPowerUp] GK104 PCB Pictured in Full

The final product (branded GeForce GTX 680 / GTX 670 Ti), could have a black-colored one.

680/ 670? Is this supposed to be the high end segment cards?

If the Gk100 or whatever the big chip is called really won't launch till later this year the GK104 is going to be Nvidia's highend for now. When the big chip comes expect the GTX 780 to be its branding and the GK104 to slip to the GTX 760 branding.

680/ 670? Is this supposed to be the high end segment cards?

no its suppose to be the GTX 660 and GTS 650. the GK110(revised chip from the failed GK100) should be the GTX 680/670. now if its as late as everyone thinks it is going to be. its quite possible Nvidia could use the GK104 as the 680/670/660 and then release the GK110 as the 700 series like xbanzai mentioned.

I find it very odd they wouldnt have cleaned the die off for the picture. But i dont doubt its real

no its suppose to be the GTX 660 and GTS 650. the GK110(revised chip from the failed GK100) should be the GTX 680/670. now if its as late as everyone thinks it is going to be. its quite possible Nvidia could use the GK104 as the 680/670/660 and then release the GK110 as the 700 series like xbanzai mentioned.

aww damn it.. there goes my hope of a 350-400 Kepler

I've also seen mentioned the possibility that the 690 was going to be a single chip solution this time around - so it could be that they use GK104 for GTX 680, and then use GK110 as the 690. Wonder if we'll hear something at GDC, as rumored.

can't wait for some custom kepler cards to come out...reference cards don't really impress me too much

although i am impressed with AMD 28nm reference boards...as they OC and run relatively cool on reference and no aftermarket stuff involved...i heard they do get kinda loud, since they use stock cooling...we'll see how Nvidia's 28nm cards show up

would anyone have a guess on the length of that card from the image? I have a storm scout, and recognized that as a problem afterwards... should've done more research

What a weird looking PCB layout. I'm still waiting patiently.

would anyone have a guess on the length of that card from the image? I have a storm scout, and recognized that as a problem afterwards... should've done more research
I blew up the picture to real size and measured against an older card I had. The card is approx. 10.25 to 10.5 inches in length, same size as a GTX580/570 and HD7970

I blew up the picture to real size and measured against an older card I had. The card is approx. 10.25 to 10.5 inches in length, same size as a GTX580/570 and HD7970

Thank you Captain!

Now i'll just have to hope the cooler design aren't over the top

What a weird looking PCB layout. I'm still waiting patiently.

thats exactly what i said when i saw the card. the layout on the vrm's is a bit odd in my opinion.

I've also seen mentioned the possibility that the 690 was going to be a single chip solution this time around - so it could be that they use GK104 for GTX 680, and then use GK110 as the 690. Wonder if we'll hear something at GDC, as rumored.

in my opinion i just can't see nvidia doing that. and i doubt we will hear anything at GDC, all you will see is "Hey look this is the new kepler card using our new 28nm process(they hold it up for camera's to see), and it will be using blah blah blah technology" end of presentation..

Its an engineering sample made for testing purposes. I doubt thats what the final retail product will look like.

honestly the pcb could be pink and i wouldn't care i don't and will never own a case with a window in it. not to mention my computer sits under my desktop.

Can't believe I've had my GTX580 for so long now.

The sad thing is that you'll probably still have it 6 months from now. I don't know that GK104 is going to be worth the upgrade unless the price is fantastic.

I don't know that GK104 is going to be worth the upgrade unless the price is fantastic.

Oh yes plz. I'm praying they put it in some insane price segment that forces like 30% price drops from AMD. I'm patiently waiting to get my hands on an 75$ radeon 7750 that I can drop in the wifeys aging computer so I don't have to upgrade the PSU too.

Back