Technical Info help

crewzen

Gawd
BSD now. What I am getting is this technical information:
***STOP:0X0000007B (0XFFFFFADF906323C0, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000) It keeps asking what new hardware have I changed, I haven't changed anything, but I think this is why that my Vista is so slow.

Is there anyone that has an idea what this hex dump is? :eek:

Thanks in advance for the help.

Is there some text to the error as well, such as INACCESSIBLE BOOT VOLUME, etc?

Thanks that help is good to start with which I needed. My search abilitys are crapy to say the least. But I did find out what the problem was and it is also what is causing the problems with my Vista 64 Ultimate.

Vista is so smart that it is dumb. I know I have said that before. But now I have found out that Vista 64 will force drivers and hardware to work even if there are normaly stop errors or fatial errors and not report the errors. It will run but will do so very slowly. It will give other problems that need to be solved such as a program not running properly and all along it was a bad driver that it is forcing to work in an inapropriate way.

Just how much of this is going on in Vista is hard to figure out right now, but I have traced back 3 fatil or stop errors that Vista 64 Just ignored and worked around, but caused the system to run very slow.

At least I have found out what was wrong and through swaping out parts and changing the bios settings it now works. So now I am waiting on some more hardware to come in for this computer.

Thanks for the help. NOW its working again.

Run memtest 86 on it.

Had a similar problem today. same-ish error.

Bad memory module.

I am getting the same error.
I am using a DELL PERC5i SAS raid controller and two 15K.4 Seagate harddrives

I recreated the raid volume in the Raid bios.
I have Raid enabled on my TYAN Thunder N6650W (S2915)
I am using XP Professional X-64
I get the same BSOD message when I am installing windows.
The system starts to read the harddrives, and windows craps out before the window comes up which lets you select the harddrive to install windows on.

Any ideas?
I am going to try XP X-32 now

Chris

you are going to have the same issue. 7B is generally for missing mass storage drivers. for a card like a perc5i you will have to have include drivers durring setup or inject them using something like nlite.

"I am using a DELL PERC5i SAS raid controller and two 15K.4 Seagate harddrives

I recreated the raid volume in the Raid bios.
I have Raid enabled on my TYAN Thunder N6650W (S2915)"

Why have raid enabled on board when you have an addon card doing raid?
But like everyone mentioned, your going to have to provide raid drivers via pressing F6 and using a floppy

I will look for the Perc5i drivers online when I get it going.

I am having some troubles making a Raid array in the Dell Perc5i raid controller. I thought I was doing it right, but I guess not

I press Control R
that opens the Perc 5/i Integrated BIOS Config Utility
It says "No Configuration present!"
so I press F2 and select "Create New VD"
Than I select Raid 0,
It says PD per span as N/A
Than shows the two physical discs, but I cant select them or anything.
Than I set the drive size and name,
Than I clicked advanced options
went to 128kb stripe size, and than read ahead, and write through.
I checked the initialize box, and than it will not let me apply my settings. The okay box stays grayed out.

Is there some sort of guide on using the raid controller?

What am I doing wrong?

In another page the drives are set as ready, no hotspare

I shall disable raid on the onboard motherboard and see if that changes anything,

Chris

I found out how to successfully recreate a RAID array.
I apparently wasnt selecting the harddrives.
I figured this out by randomly hitting keys on the keyboard.
When you press SPACEBAR, you select the drives.
I applied my Raid 0 array

I hope I can figure the rest out.

Chris

I still cant get this working
I installed some Dell driver on my usb memory card, and it partitioned my drive from 4gb to 2GB :(
Now I cant get it back to the full 4gb capacity.
This process is such a pain in the ass.

I followed your link and downloaded the sas drivers under the tab "sas raid controller"
I downloaded the first two files and copied there extracted files to a floppy disc.
When windows looks for the drivers, it says that it fails to open the files on the disc.
:(

Chris

Back