Technet: Now with Windows Home Server

nilepez

[H]F Junkie
This isn't hot deal (thus the discussion area), but for those with Technet subs, this may be news:

I noticed last week that WHS is now part of your Technet subscription. I don't recall it being there a couple of months ago. As is generally the case with servers, you only get one key.

Aside from the Development Tools (yes I'm talking to you Visual Studio), Technet has pretty much everything you could want and then some. There are servers on their that I'd never heard of before (they really need links to detailed descriptions from the D/L page).

My sub is up at the beginning of next month, so I need to decide if I want to renew or not.

250 isn't $99.....I'm almost tempted to let it die, wait for 7 to come out find a $100.00 coupon and renew then...may cost the same as renewing now, but 5-6 months later.

My latest reminder to renew stated I'd get 3 extra months with my renewal...getting tempted..

Last edited:
My latest reminder to renew stated I'd get 3 extra months with my renewal...getting tempted..

If I renew, I'll wait till the last possible minute (i.e. 6/30). If it's true that you can frequently find a coupon that drops the price to 250 for a new sub, I can wait until 7 is Released before I renew. I like the OS, but I don't have to upgrade it right away...and if Technet gets an image close to the retail release, we're probably looking at October or November.

Pardon the noob and his laziness for just not googling, but how does one get this "TechNet" subscription?

technet subscription cost like 3,000 dollars doesn't it?

Would be cheaper for normal ppl to just buy a win home server cd.

I got mine on sale for $100 and my year is almost up... when will it hit that price again dang it?

What I really meant is does one have to be in the field or have like a code to be eligible? Or can I, a person who just wants all the goodies, get subscription?

What I really meant is does one have to be in the field or have like a code to be eligible? Or can I, a person who just wants all the goodies, get subscription?

Anyone can get it. Most of the software is geared toward IT....lots of servers (most of which you've never heard of).....at $100.00 it was a no brainer. At $250, I might bite. At $300, I think you really have to have needs beyond a copy of Windows 7 and Office.

technet subscription cost like 3,000 dollars doesn't it?

Would be cheaper for normal ppl to just buy a win home server cd.

I paid $99 dollar for it last year, and I think its normal price is $349 or something.

As for WHS, it's showed up on Technet around mid-February to early March

I paid $99 dollar for it last year, and I think its normal price is $349 or something.

As for WHS, it's showed up on Technet around mid-February to early March

Does the key from Technet work with the media sent out with the 120 day WHS disks?
Don't see a point to burning a disk if I've already got the exact same media.

Back